Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Default Re: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Dear Cleonbus,

Can you share with us what are the requirement to become a Guides in your outing??? I think we have some shortage of guides. Can see that we have many outing but no guides.

Also, What are the duties for the guides to be there during the outing??? Must the guides share some photography knowledge to the newbies or what??? What is their role???

Alot of us not sure about your reqirement therefore didn volunteer themselves to become the guides. I believe we should put in some standards and requirements, or else guides is just a guides. (Or maybe u will like to appoint some of us to become the guides.)
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    Dear Cleonbus,

Can you share with us what are the requirement to become a Guides in your outing??? I think we have some shortage of guides. Can see that we have many outing but no guides.

Also, What are the duties for the guides to be there during the outing??? Must the guides share some photography knowledge to the newbies or what??? What is their role???

Alot of us not sure about your reqirement therefore didn volunteer themselves to become the guides. I believe we should put in some standards and requirements, or else guides is just a guides. (Or maybe u will like to appoint some of us to become the guides.)
    I Agree with winkoo88. Might want to consider conducting some basic lesson on ISO, Aperture speed etc before commencing the shoot then at least got some gauge of the newbie knowledge and it could be corrected.

>>>Guide: Guide those who had just stared photography on the basics of handling a camera... [This part might need to elaborate a bit more. Basic theory like ISO/Shutter speed/Apeture, 3 golden rules of composition etc. those very very basic stuff at least must know not necessary to be pro in all areas but have certain knowledge ]
    Beginner shooter: Those who had just started photography and still feeling confused on ISO/Shutter speed/Apeture bla bla bla...
    Reserve list:Outing is FULL already.Wait for a slot to be empty(It means you CANNOT join in)

Those who are using pro-spec cameras,please do not hesitate to sign up as a guide...
    Your photos need not be of Nat Geo standard to be a guide... <<<

Just a suggestion ya.. The current way is alright but I think there is a need of more sharing of knowledge like more frequent review of photos of those taken and correct them or share with the others about what is wrong etc.
    Last edited by skylover; 26th July 2010 at 12:29 AM.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    I Agree with winkoo88. Might want to consider conducting some basic lesson on ISO, Aperture speed etc before commencing the shoot then at least got some gauge of the newbie knowledge and it could be corrected.

Just a suggestion ya.. The current way is alright but I think there is a need of more sharing of knowledge like more frequent review of photos of those taken and correct them or share with the others about what is wrong etc.
    Good to see, you guys are headed in the right direction.
    Not to say that you were in the wrong direction to begin with coz we all have to start somewhere, but it's a natural instinct to want to improve further on things instead of just letting it go on status quo.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Good to see, you guys are headed in the right direction.
    Not to say that you were in the wrong direction to begin with coz we all have to start somewhere, but it's a natural instinct to want to improve further on things instead of just letting it go on status quo.
    hahha.. Ghaz1 I think certain things require somebody to take initiative to start something. Its going to be hard to depend on one person to do everything. I can understand its tough so I do hope others out there could render their assistance in anyway they can too. Its good to contribute what we have learn to others than keep that knowledge to ourselves. In this way, we are also learning indirectly and spotting our own mistake at the same time.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

By the way winkoo88 is good at teaching that's what I feel to be frank. Winkoo88 shifu! hehe..

Deregistered

Dear Cleonbus,

Wa i missed so much.Ok lemme reply to you paragraph by paragraph...

1)Well,i don't quite know how to explain this but maybe like Seng Kai said share knowledge?

2)As above and teach beginners about some basics?

3)Bro,some first timers i not sure about their 'standard' so its also very hard to appoint from a list...

Deregistered

By the way winkoo88 is good at teaching that's what I feel to be frank. Winkoo88 shifu! hehe..
    If you think so then i'll promote him to be a guide.Will edit the rules & guidelines later

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    If you think so then i'll promote him to be a guide.Will edit the rules & guidelines later
    lolx.. of course. I learnt quite a lot from him the previous Sat. Hehe..

or rather he open up my understanding by not just showing and explaining to me what he meant of certain things like Aperture, composition etc. which help me understand a lot better with the interactive way of guiding.

Cleon try to be observant of the outing goers, I see some carrying big 7D, 5D mark II but end up joining as a newbie.

Also limit the number of people who come, best is 5-6. Easier to manage.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Keep it up,

If you are going this direction, I am sure skills and experience will naturally improve.. I am currently busy with YOG so not able to attend most of the outings set..

Anyone interested in Sunrise? I wanna go shoot Sunrise again.. whaha
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    Keep it up,

If you are going this direction, I am sure skills and experience will naturally improve.. I am currently busy with YOG so not able to attend most of the outings set..

Anyone interested in Sunrise? I wanna go shoot Sunrise again.. whaha
    interested But 14 Aug? Loc?

I am happy to see all of us have a learning heart. Cleonbus, since we have an outing going on this sat maybe we can discuss all this. I think we have to set our path right so that we all can benefited from one and another. I just hope that Beginner Shooters not just grow in size but also improve in our knowledge.

Odyssey-Boy : I know yr concern, is true that some of them carry big gear but if we step 1 step backward and think about it. A newbies doesn't mean that he cannot carry big n expensive gear. We don stop them from coming but rather we should encourage them to make full use of their gear.

Skylover : A big thanks to yr nice word for me but i am just like everyone, still got alot alot alot more to learn. I am not that good yet. (don call me shifu, or else alot of ppl will laugh at us )
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

I am happy to see all of us have a learning heart. Cleonbus, since we have an outing going on this sat maybe we can discuss all this. I think we have to set our path right so that we all can benefited from one and another. I just hope that Beginner Shooters not just grow in size but also improve in our knowledge.

Odyssey-Boy : I know yr concern, is true that some of them carry big gear but if we step 1 step backward and think about it. A newbies doesn't mean that he cannot carry big n expensive gear. We don stop them from coming but rather we should encourage them to make full use of their gear.

Skylover : A big thanks to yr nice word for me but i am just like everyone, still got alot alot alot more to learn. I am not that good yet. (don call me shifu, or else alot of ppl will laugh at us )
    lolx.. I don't claim credit for myself. You really did enlighten me to some extend or else I'm still in ??? stage of certain things. Be it full frame or half frame camera, I think all of us start from learning stage unless you are a genius. I think some of them didn't even realized they are carrying big camera in the fiRst time.

interested But 14 Aug? Loc?
    Hmm, ok i see how's my schedule 1st.. hehe.. will update most prob on my leave days in Aug..

Location: there's 2 place in mind.. either Seletar Reservoir or Changi Beach CP6

Hmm, ok i see how's my schedule 1st.. hehe.. will update most prob on my leave days in Aug..

Location: there's 2 place in mind.. either Seletar Reservoir or Changi Beach CP6
    lolx.. ok! let me know. I should have my filter by then..

lolx.. ok! let me know. I should have my filter by then..
    haha i can let you mine provided you have a 77mm lens or a step-up ring..

sure sure, let me ghost the sunrise timing as well as the tides.. see how it goes!! the rest, let me know if you're interested.. dun intend to make it a big grp.. juz a leisure shoot n go breakfast..

I am glad to attend last week ClubSnap event and had talk to alot of seniors. They are all very nice and helpful people. They are willing to share some of their experience with us. I am not sure who are interested to come and attend. If the respond is good, I will invite them to come and share with us.

Thank you.

haha i can let you mine provided you have a 77mm lens or a step-up ring..

sure sure, let me ghost the sunrise timing as well as the tides.. see how it goes!! the rest, let me know if you're interested.. dun intend to make it a big grp.. juz a leisure shoot n go breakfast..
    sad to say no.. i don't have. But I'm already planning to purchase a set of filter and a tripod cause my cheapo 1 going to gif way soon..

I am glad to attend last week ClubSnap event and had talk to alot of seniors. They are all very nice and helpful people. They are willing to share some of their experience with us. I am not sure who are interested to come and attend. If the respond is good, I will invite them to come and share with us.

Thank you.
    i think maybe one of the outing. But location maybe must find a suitable one base on what they are specialized in. I believe some of them are good at landscape, macro etc.
    But that's provided our big boss ok for them to come in to share their knowledge?

i think maybe one of the outing. But location maybe must find a suitable one base on what they are specialized in. I believe some of them are good at landscape, macro etc.
    But that's provided our big boss ok for them to come in to share their knowledge?
    i cant do it in our outing, that is cleonbus outing, we must respect. Furthermore diff senior give diff sharing so timing must suit their topic and of cos their free time.

Location, not to worry. I have the location already.