Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Default Re: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    lol its a really big file, i am just trying to be sarcastic about reviewing what pictures, giving talks -.-
    what a big shot!
    still need say till give talk somemore LOL!
    I am speechless... A sincere gesture to help out is received in this way. Part of me wants to blame the faceless style of interaction of the forum, easy to lead to misconceptions. Wouldn't have happened if we were discussing face to face. Maybe also i had the wrong impression that the purpose of the outing is to help newbies familiarise themselves with the basics of photography. If so it's my mistake and i apologise because since coming to CS, this was the concept and purpose of the outings i had attended. Perhaps that is not the objective of your group. Enjoy your outing then. I really mean that sincerely. No hard feelings life is too short.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    For those who feel that their pictures aren't good and received bad comments from the tiong bahru thread, please don't feel discourage. I myself feel that the place aren't as easy to take good pictures. I did receive bad comments too from seniors, I would say they are straight forward, tells you what wrong u did. The only thing u do is not to argue, rather than to reflect on your pictures.
    Honestly, I dun understand why ppl ask for C&C when they got theirs.. they feel discourage or try to defend their pics.. we are all here to learn...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Great attitude bro. That's the humility I'm talking about. The thing we should all take note of is that photography is a never-ending learning process. We can never be good enough.

There's also no point arguing as really, everyone's opinion is different. A good friend of mine commented before that, "it is the viewer that completes the picture", and though we can't aim to please everyone, our purpose as photographers is to instill our thought process into our work, in the hope that our 'message' will be interpreted the way we hope it will be.

Agree. No professional photographer will ever say their pics are the best.. even the same scenery from a different angle may bring different prospective..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    I am speechless... A sincere gesture to help out is received in this way. Part of me wants to blame the faceless style of interaction of the forum, easy to lead to misconceptions. Wouldn't have happened if we were discussing face to face. Maybe also i had the wrong impression that the purpose of the outing is to help newbies familiarise themselves with the basics of photography. If so it's my mistake and i apologise because since coming to CS, this was the concept and purpose of the outings i had attended. Perhaps that is not the objective of your group. Enjoy your outing then. I really mean that sincerely. No hard feelings life is too short.

Ghaz1, I appreciate your help here to try to tighten adminstrative stuffs as well as goodwill to offer help.. but I am afraid this is nt the case..

Just to share with you, the running of this grp is completely different from my other grp, Tangshooters.. You are free to join us whenever you can make it.. we do organise outings as well

Aside to Cleon, I do seriously tink you got to re-look at the objectives of this grp.. is it the case where you just want to snap snap all day long w/o the intention to improve your skills?
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Blog Entries

should i bring my thick file of photography notes when i took my photography lesson some time back? and slowly teach the beginners for free?
    You should. At least people are taking the time to do sharing and helping.

All I see you do is yap yap yap yap yap...

Who's the one talking big?

Blog Entries

aiya..
    continue from the landscape thread..
    if not people say i OT there.

cleon, i am very relax already LOL!
    just that see some people ownself also not very good, but talk like damn big and good like that,
    si bei BTH sia.

i dont mind they comment of the pictures, but the way they sound is like "I AM VERY GOOD"
    haha
    JOKE MAN!
    IMHO, I think you BTH because your pictures suck eggs, and people pointed it out.

Blog Entries

one thing i hate about CS like what someone had told me..
    is people always think that they are damn good.
    unlike photography forums for the US and even the rangefinder community, they are good but they wont think that they are good, respect to them.
    You are right. You are acting like that too, until people point out your pics are not that good.

Say what you say in US forums, and see how they treat you.

I know. I lived in US for 12 years. US forums are way way more brutal than CS, when it comes to C&C.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th July 2010 at 07:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Don't be discouraged. Take all advice positively and work on improving. The most important attitude is humility and the willingness to learn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Bro, don't bother to guide them la. No point. Try to help and people talk trash about you.

Might as well go shooting ourselves and be all relac. No need to stress ourselves with these people. If they think their pics are power, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    I do seriously tink you got to re-look at the objectives of this grp.. is it the case where you just want to snap snap all day long w/o the intention to improve your skills?
    With this sentence, I am kind of confused.... does this means they like to stay forever..... a beginner??.....so that they can join the same outing years down the road??

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    With this sentence, I am kind of confused.... does this means they like to stay forever..... a beginner??.....so that they can join the same outing years down the road??
    well wat i meant in this sentence simply is that like how some grp name themselves like Sunchasers, Western Shooters etc.. Beginners' is the name of this grp... in order words, just a causal group

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    Aside to Cleon, I do seriously tink you got to re-look at the objectives of this grp.. is it the case where you just want to snap snap all day long w/o the intention to improve your skills?
    Ya will do that.But i think sinned79 said this before,a outing will turn into a TCSS session.So its a little hard

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, don't bother to guide them la. No point. Try to help and people talk trash about you.

Might as well go shooting ourselves and be all relac. No need to stress ourselves with these people. If they think their pics are power, so be it.
    1)I didn't...

2)Do you have a problem with our group?

3)I don't think my pictures are power...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    1)I didn't...

2)Do you have a problem with our group?

3)I don't think my pictures are power...
    Not talking about you.

Cleonbus,

It might make sense for you to state your objectives for all future outing that you are organizing. This is after all a photography forum and many of us including myself are here to share and learn from others.

Correct me if I am wrong but your outing seems to me like a gathering instead of an outing for beginner to learn.

A well planned and structured outing would benefit beginner which is what this forum is all about. To share and learn from each other.

End of the day, don't organized an outing just for the sick of organizing. When you organized an event, what is the end in mind?
    Last edited by Jedi R; 13th July 2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Hope to see the group improving in 3 months time after I finish my O levels exams.

Personally I would say Photography is like maths, u shoot equals u do problem sums, u get c and c is like handing up yr homework to teacher. Teacher mark you wrong, you do corrections and learn, practice.

During my June Holidays, Ive spent almost all weekends going to Cleon's outings. On my first outing of Cleon's , I feel that he is a nice chap, one who can chat, joining in conversation, share places where to get accessories. But overall, he didn't get to explain to me about what photography is, which compostion is good, sharing opinions on this. Also, almost all of his outings would visit shops at Peninsula, Funan etc.. I mean what's the point ?

I would seriously hope to see a well organized outing after I completed my O level exams. In fact there are many nice and knowlegeble people like Scoop, Iszan and Alan. Very nice people who can guide us.

In addition I posting in to express my own humble opinion in Cleonbus's outings. And to Cleonbus, not to take it to heart rather than reflect and think about the objectives of the outings, u have a upcoming outing of Maxwell, lau pa sat. Take it as another chance and prove to everyone that you as a organizer can do it.

Don't be scAred and shout " alright guys, let's move off ", else people who attend might feel wierd that Cleonbus is always shy to be a leader in outings.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Deregistered

Hope to see the group improving in 3 months time after I finish my O levels exams.

Personally I would say Photography is like maths, u shoot equals u do problem sums, u get c and c is like handing up yr homework to teacher. Teacher mark you wrong, you do corrections and learn, practice.

During my June Holidays, Ive spent almost all weekends going to Cleon's outings. On my first outing of Cleon's , I feel that he is a nice chap, one who can chat, joining in conversation, share places where to get accessories. But overall, he didn't get to explain to me about what photography is, which compostion is good, sharing opinions on this. Also, almost all of his outings would visit shops at Peninsula, Funan etc.. I mean what's the point ?

I would seriously hope to see a well organized outing after I completed my O level exams. In fact there are many nice and knowlegeble people like Scoop, Iszan and Alan. Very nice people who can guide us.

In addition I posting in to express my own humble opinion in Cleonbus's outings. And to Cleonbus, not to take it to heart rather than reflect and think about the objectives of the outings, u have a upcoming outing of Maxwell, lau pa sat. Take it as another chance and prove to everyone that you as a organizer can do it.

Don't be scAred and shout " alright guys, let's move off ", else people who attend might feel wierd that Cleonbus is always shy to be a leader in outings.
    Ahem...you are also part of the group.So while we(Me,Scoop,Iszan and the rest of the guides)upgrade ourselves,you must upgrade yourself also hor

As for this Sat's outing.I need more guides leh.Justin and Scoop can't make it.Why don't you come?If there's only 1 guide,i might cut the group to 10 or 15 leh...

Very well said Jerrold. I believe that what we can definitely learn from yesterdays episode is that there is always room for improvement.

Cleon, I salute you for being so willing to go beyond your age to organize gatherings and outings, but like what Jerrold has mentioned and from some of the advice given, much needs to be done such that these outings do not degenerate to the point of just being a meetup where there is no knowledge sharing, and where each person who comes, leaves feeling unfulfilled.

I'm sure there will be improvement going forward and I'm willing to help out whenever necessary. You're still doing s great job and through your outings many good friendships have blossomed. Now let's bring more to these outings where we constantly challenge each other to improve, and share what we learn with many others.

I have to go back to school on Saturdays morning till afternoon. Sadly I can't join.

Scoop, can't wait for my O levels to over, then the 2-3 months will be working as a funeral photographer, help people to shoot funeral and stuffs like that. Hei hei..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Deregistered

I have to go back to school on Saturdays morning till afternoon. Sadly I can't join.

Scoop, can't wait for my O levels to over, then the 2-3 months will be working as a funeral photographer, help people to shoot funeral and stuffs like that. Hei hei..
    Oooo icic.See you after O level period then

Hello everyone I am back...(just come back from oversea)

wow, wow, wow.... seen like its abit HOT here !!!!

Everyone in Beginner Shooter... stay cool............................OK!!!

Comment is just a comment...don't be afraid to take in all the comments...the more you take in, the better you are. We should thanks them for giving us the comments. At least they spend their time to see our pictures and give the comments. (REMEMBER : EVERYBODY START AS A BEGINNER, NO MATTER WHO U ARE.)

Stay cool and be HAPPY...learn our mistakes and improve it. We all want to take great pictures. Be good to yourself and be kind to others. OK.
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    Hello everyone I am back...(just come back from oversea)

wow, wow, wow.... seen like its abit HOT here !!!!

Everyone in Beginner Shooter... stay cool............................OK!!!

Comment is just a comment...don't be afraid to take in all the comments...the more you take in, the better you are. We should thanks them for giving us the comments. At least they spend their time to see our pictures and give the comments. (REMEMBER : EVERYBODY START AS A BEGINNER, NO MATTER WHO U ARE.)

Stay cool and be HAPPY...learn our mistakes and improve it. We all want to take great pictures. Be good to yourself and be kind to others. OK.
    Haha

Welcome back.. well the tide is over at least for now.. the critics will be on this upcoming saturday

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast