Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Default Re: Beginner Shooters part 1 -TCSS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Iszan N Cleon I feel kinda of guilty about the photos that I posted invited quite a no. of "not so nice comment" Actually I could photoshop it to make it a lot more suitable for posting but I think I really need to learn what went wrong. So I posted what actually came out from the camera. I rather learn the skill of shooting than the skill of photoshop it.
    Don't be discouraged. Take all advice positively and work on improving. The most important attitude is humility and the willingness to learn

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Ok folks,

I have officially created our group in Facebook already.Group name is Beginner Shooters Official Group Page.Here's details on how to join:

1)Go to FB and request to join the group.
    2)Come back to CS and send me a PM with your FB name and a description of your profile picture(E.g Spongebob).
    3)I'll add you within 24hrs.
    4)You are part of the FB group already

As for the flickr group,i'll leave it to 'die' lo

Alternatively,you can also click on the link in my signature to FB(Of course you need to login lah)

Cheers!
    To add on more...future outing discussions can be done there in the respective threads.I will also provide details on upcoming outings in FB(Whenever i think of a new place)

Link to our group can be found in my signature
    Regarding the above...

A few people have requested to join and they are:

1)Glenn Loh
    2)Aloysius Ong
    3)Glenn Tan

Sorry but i don't know who the **** are you.Please PM me your FB name and profile picture so that i know who you are

For those who feel that their pictures aren't good and received bad comments from the tiong bahru thread, please don't feel discourage. I myself feel that the place aren't as easy to take good pictures. I did receive bad comments too from seniors, I would say they are straight forward, tells you what wrong u did. The only thing u do is not to argue, rather than to reflect on your pictures.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

wow..nice 1 ler
    i want join? when can start for hunting? text me ya..
    see u

I've notice that this particularly outing "Beginners Outing(Part 14)-Chinatown/Club St/Maxwell Rd/Lau Pa Sat on the 17 July" is kind of ambitious.
    3 hours to cover 11 places of interests.
    In each place, you still need to take some time to walk around to find the right angle and composition for a good shot. You will be lucky to find the "right" angles and compositions when you are rushing.
    Last edited by coolthought; 12th July 2010 at 06:30 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jemmylee View Post
    wow..nice 1 ler
    i want join? when can start for hunting? text me ya..
    see u
    1)Nice what?

2)Join what?

3)Start hunting for what?

4)I don't have your HP number.How to text you?

5)See you?You didn't even sign up for my outings...
    Last edited by cleonbus; 12th July 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I've notice that this particularly outing "Beginners Outing(Part 14)-Chinatown/Club St/Maxwell Rd/Lau Pa Sat on the 17 July" is kind of ambitious.
    3 hours to cover 11 places of interests.
    In each place, you still need to take some time to walk around to find the right angle and composition for a good shot. You will be lucky to find the "right" angles and compositions when you are rushing.
    We're actually not covering all 11 places.Just walking around that area and snap snap only...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    For those who feel that their pictures aren't good and received bad comments from the tiong bahru thread, please don't feel discourage. I myself feel that the place aren't as easy to take good pictures. I did receive bad comments too from seniors, I would say they are straight forward, tells you what wrong u did. The only thing u do is not to argue, rather than to reflect on your pictures.

We're actually not covering all 11 places.Just walking around that area and snap snap only...
    Hence the root of the problem i feel. For the previous outing i was helping to guide, Dingaroo's photoshoot to Kampung Glam, he actually arranged for an earlier meeting time so that we could discuss the fundamentals of photography such as aperture, shutter speed and focal length and their relationship. Then i spoke a bit about street photography and equipment before we set off. Immediately after the shoot itself, we had a venue kindly set up by ZerocoolAstra to review everyone's pictures on a flat screen TV for critique and comments. With ideas to improve the shots by post-processing, the participants went home and did their PP on the pictures which the others had liked. These were then posted up. Bottom line is that with such a structure and mentoring, the newbies would have benefitted a lot.
    Last edited by Ghaz1; 12th July 2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Great attitude bro. That's the humility I'm talking about. The thing we should all take note of is that photography is a never-ending learning process. We can never be good enough.

There's also no point arguing as really, everyone's opinion is different. A good friend of mine commented before that, "it is the viewer that completes the picture", and though we can't aim to please everyone, our purpose as photographers is to instill our thought process into our work, in the hope that our 'message' will be interpreted the way we hope it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Hence the root of the problem i feel. For the previous outing i was helping to guide, Dingaroo's photoshoot to Kampung Glam, he actually arranged for an earlier meeting time so that we could discuss the fundamentals of photography such as aperture, shutter speed and focal length and their relationship. Then i spoke a bit about street photography and equipment before we set off. Immediately after the shoot itself, we had a venue kindly set up by ZerocoolAstra to review everyone's pictures on a flat screen TV for critique and comments. With ideas to improve the shots by post-processing, the participants went home and did their PP on the pictures which the others had liked. These were then posted up. Bottom line is that with such a structure and mentoring, the newbies would have benefitted a lot.
    Ghaz, your attitude is very very commendable.
    But sometimes if advice falls on deaf ears, take a step back and chill.

as the scriptures say, "...God helps those who help themselves..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    should i bring my thick file of photography notes when i took my photography lesson some time back? and slowly teach the beginners for free?
    Moments

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    should i bring my thick file of photography notes when i took my photography lesson some time back? and slowly teach the beginners for free?
    Bring lah.Teach me too

Bring lah.Teach me too
    lol its a really big file, i am just trying to be sarcastic about reviewing what pictures, giving talks -.-
    what a big shot!
    still need say till give talk somemore LOL!
    Moments

Deregistered

lol its a really big file, i am just trying to be sarcastic about reviewing what pictures, giving talks -.-
    what a big shot!
    still need say till give talk somemore LOL!
    Haha then dun bring lo...

Back to outings...i think i posted Beginners Outing(Part 19) in FB right?Anyone interested?

aiya..
    continue from the landscape thread..
    if not people say i OT there.

cleon, i am very relax already LOL!
    just that see some people ownself also not very good, but talk like damn big and good like that,
    si bei BTH sia.

i dont mind they comment of the pictures, but the way they sound is like "I AM VERY GOOD"
    haha
    JOKE MAN!
    Moments

Deregistered

aiya..
    continue from the landscape thread..
    if not people say i OT there.

cleon, i am very relax already LOL!
    just that see some people ownself also not very good, but talk like damn big and good like that,
    si bei BTH sia.

i dont mind they comment of the pictures, but the way they sound is like "I AM VERY GOOD"
    haha
    JOKE MAN!
    My advice to you:

Ignore their comments.That's what i do

My advice to you:

Ignore their comments.That's what i do
    trying to..
    but i just cant stand it.
    its like some mountain tortoise trying to tell someone they had seen the world LOL!
    Moments

Deregistered

trying to..
    but i just cant stand it.
    its like some mountain tortoise trying to tell someone they had seen the world LOL!
    Then try harder

Then try harder
    one thing i hate about CS like what someone had told me..
    is people always think that they are damn good.
    unlike photography forums for the US and even the rangefinder community, they are good but they wont think that they are good, respect to them.
    Moments

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast