Thread: Anyone orders knife from Dealextreme?

Red face Anyone orders knife from Dealextreme?

Hi All,

The knives in dealextreme are extremely drooling... I am beginning for a knife collection. May I ask whether anyone has successfully had his knife or swiss knife shipped successfully from dealextreme to Singapore??

http://www.dealextreme.com/products....ory.813~page.5

Default Re: Anyone orders knife from Dealextreme?

Anyone can help to advise? or any sites I should be reading about the legality?

Customs is the stop-check authority, and enforcement/permits would be under the SG Police Force (SPF). Check on their websites about importing knives and restricted items into Singapore.

TS, you might wanna pay sheares technology at selegie road a visit but the price is not like what you see at dealextreme site.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot View Post
    Anyone can help to advise? or any sites I should be reading about the legality?
    Its best to ask the SPF Arms & Explosives Div. But the usual restrictions do apply, eg. no autos, no double bladed knives like daggers, no balisongs, no gravity knives etc...

Edit:Be warned, as with all hobbies, sooner or later one may just spend $xxxx on these items lol
    Last edited by hmjt; 19th June 2010 at 11:33 PM.

yes i ordered a ceramic kitchen knife from DX before. it was 6 inches in length. i remember reading somewhre that you can import a knife 6 inches or less without a permit.

anyway, i got a letter saying that the parcel was held at the customs office in singpost HQ at paya lebar, and i have to go there to open it so it can be inspected.

a little troublesome, but no big fuss. i paid about 80% less than what i would have paid in the stores.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Ok.... real life example.

I've ordered a together of 5 pocket folding knife and 1 ceramic kitchen knife from DX since the beginning of the year. The folded knife range from 8-24cm.... but all have no problem coming in... the only one I had problem is with the ceramic kitchen knife.... which on the SingPost X-ray, must have looked really dangerous....

I got a letter from Custom and was told to go to SingPost HQ to collect my knife (and explain myself). If I don't collect my knife within 2 weeks from the letter.... SingPost would sent the package back to HK.

I when to SingPost HQ with my letter.... saw the custom officer, he open the package infornt of me and when the ceramic kitchen knife popped out, he asked me to explained, which I did.... and he just issue me a letter for collection, but also told than CID would get a copy of the letter also. I walk out without further issue.... and no, CID didn't ask me to drink coffee .

Btw.... on the letter of collection, it is stated that as long as the knife is kept inside your house and not brought out into any public place.... ordering knives BY POST from overseas is ok.... but you might have to go explain & collect at SingPost HQ every once in awhile....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Used to collect in the past. From what I can remember, tactical folder less than 7in. And no tanto edge. Correct me if im wrong.

Thanks everyone for his reply! It has been helpful.. I just ordered some stuffs from dealextreme.. hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot View Post
    Thanks everyone for his reply! It has been helpful.. I just ordered some stuffs from dealextreme.. hehe..

Hi, may i ask if e free shipping is worldwide?? we just pay listed price n is there anythingelse we need to pay??

Quote Originally Posted by badtzdiana View Post
    Hi, may i ask if e free shipping is worldwide?? we just pay listed price n is there anythingelse we need to pay??

Free shipping worldwide..... they put down shipping as $0.01

Btw... price is all in USD

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Free shipping worldwide..... they put down shipping as $0.01

Btw... price is all in USD
    wow tats really great!! Haha will order some barangs later..
    Thks so much fren!!!!! Hahas

Yeah, free shipping world wide.. Just got my knife sometimes back.. very nice looking