Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

  1. #21
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    Canon mount. Re-read what I posted again. Wireless can only trigger by another flash, not any other method.
    duh.. then triggered by signals from satellite? I know la... optical triggering.
    I was told that would work, but Shane seems to suggest otherwise (for the Canon mounts), hence the confusion.
    Exploring! :)

  2. #22

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    duh.. then triggered by signals from satellite? I know la... optical triggering.
    I was told that would work, but Shane seems to suggest otherwise (for the Canon mounts), hence the confusion.
    Haha Sorry for the confusion, but it really is that way. Canon Mounts only trigger via optically - as long as the flash did not go into Standby.

    Only the Nikon mount ones can be triggered using radio triggers, like Pocket Wizards, Cactus, Phottis. - This is enabled via a firmware update.

    I almost bought the Nikon Mount one just to use as an off camera flash. Until I discovered the great value of the YongNuo 460 II
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  3. #23

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Haha Sorry for the confusion, but it really is that way. Canon Mounts only trigger via optically - as long as the flash did not go into Standby.

    Only the Nikon mount ones can be triggered using radio triggers, like Pocket Wizards, Cactus, Phottis. - This is enabled via a firmware update.

    I almost bought the Nikon Mount one just to use as an off camera flash. Until I discovered the great value of the YongNuo 460 II
    Shane, can the YongNuo 460 II be use at off- camera flash ??
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Shane, can the YongNuo 460 II be use at off- camera flash ??
    Can...you want me to demo it for you tmr?I'll bring along my wireless trigger

  5. #25

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Can...you want me to demo it for you tmr?I'll bring along my wireless trigger
    Yeap, that would be great, bring your trigger tomorrow.

    P.S, don't mind help me chop a seat tmr..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  6. #26
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Yeap, that would be great, bring your trigger tomorrow.

    P.S, don't mind help me chop a seat tmr..
    Too bad but tmr at AW will be 1st come 1st serve.That AW is damn small leh....who suggest one ar?

    P.S Now we have a thread for TCSS in CS KPT,don need to TCSS here alr

  7. #27

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    ya i heard about it. nissin 622 cannot be trigger by wireless triggers.. i was a bit surprised though as i tot as long u buy a set of wireless triggers with transmitter and receiver, everything will be okie.

  8. #28
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Need help on Canon Nissin Di622 Flash

    have to wait for the firmware update.. they updated the Nikon Nissin Di622.. but not for Canon yet
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •