Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: digital cross processing

  1. #1
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default digital cross processing




    1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    digital techniques of processing image, along with unusual framing.

    2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    i was out under the rain doing event coverage when i noticed a very nicely folded plastic bag. felt that it was quite sad that it was just left out in the rain, so wanted to attempt a still life shot of something that we usually wont bother looking at. yet taking a second glance + some post processing, could possibly invoke some feelings.

    3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    raining prior to photo, abt afternoon i think? taken on a concrete floor, using my 55-250mm

    4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    personally i'm quite surprised at the image. it was better than i expected as i was handholding the camera while lying flat on the ground. attracted some stares from my juniors in sch as i was doing event coverage. i like the edited version as it kinda has an emoish feel to it, cause its rain + something not moving and very isolated object.

  2. #2
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    here is the unedited version for u all to compare! cnc pls

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    You did a lomo-ish processing, which I think it's fine; otherwise the original lacks the punch.
    Family | Health | Happy-ness. . . my Flickr here

  4. #4
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInMacro View Post
    You did a lomo-ish processing, which I think it's fine; otherwise the original lacks the punch.
    yep thats my intention. i wanted to draw out the colours via digi cross processing (:

  5. #5
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    just a comment since you have the unedited photos uploaded... I think the contrast for red channel too much and lost too much shadow detail, and too much blown. How about a lessen S-curve for the red channel?
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  6. #6
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    just a comment since you have the unedited photos uploaded... I think the contrast for red channel too much and lost too much shadow detail, and too much blown. How about a lessen S-curve for the red channel?
    hmm. shall try i'll upload a newly edited copy here. btw i just did this through trial and error, so i cant exactly remember the steps i did

  7. #7
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    and here it is


    i tried my best to preserve the details on the bag as much as i could, while trying to draw out the strong colors

    yet somehow it always blows out the whites
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 17th June 2010 at 10:58 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hmm. shall try i'll upload a newly edited copy here. btw i just did this through trial and error, so i cant exactly remember the steps i did
    haha..I thought it's always trial and error..haha..every curves sure deviate a little for every photos you edit I guess unless you have save it in action etc..anyway, not always the same rgb curve can use for all..btw, the green is emo enough...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  9. #9
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    haha..I thought it's always trial and error..haha..every curves sure deviate a little for every photos you edit I guess unless you have save it in action etc..anyway, not always the same rgb curve can use for all..btw, the green is emo enough...
    yep. tried to get the same feel. perhaps i over did the colours in pic 1. pic 3 seems less bloody to me

  10. #10
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    and here it is


    i tried my best to preserve the details on the bag as much as i could, while trying to draw out the strong colors

    yet somehow it always blows out the whites
    Actually you can try shifting the bottom of the curve to bring out shadow..top of curve to preserve highlight etc. play with it and see if you are able to get something closer to what you want.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  11. #11
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Actually you can try shifting the bottom of the curve to bring out shadow..top of curve to preserve highlight etc. play with it and see if you are able to get something closer to what you want.
    okkies. will play with it more on the next photo i take

  12. #12
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    just realised there is a strawberry texture on the bag o.o

  13. #13

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Sorry, at first sight, thought it was some kind of " nonya-kuay ".

    No comment on other stuff. It's experimental.

  14. #14

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    hey ts, what lens did u use ?

  15. #15
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Sorry, at first sight, thought it was some kind of " nonya-kuay ".

    No comment on other stuff. It's experimental.
    i like that a lot of ppl reply the same thing when i was asking around for comments

    shall attempt to make a edit so it looks like a kuey

    and here is ur kuey

    Last edited by allenleonhart; 18th June 2010 at 12:52 PM.

  16. #16
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by bbbddd View Post
    hey ts, what lens did u use ?
    55-250mm canon f4-5.6

  17. #17

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Actually it looks quite appetizing.

  18. #18
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Actually it looks quite appetizing.
    a kueh with a strawberry texture on it? dangerous

  19. #19

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    lol at first i look at the green "kueh" it looked delicious, for about 0.5sec, before my brain started to switch and think it's plastic. then a "eww, plastic = poison" disgusted that appetite.

  20. #20
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: digital cross processing

    Quote Originally Posted by jerots View Post
    lol at first i look at the green "kueh" it looked delicious, for about 0.5sec, before my brain started to switch and think it's plastic. then a "eww, plastic = poison" disgusted that appetite.
    thank you for ur cmoment

    i'm surprised! i'll personally be freaked if my kueh was leaking water like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •