Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107

Thread: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics here

  1. #21
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by ahkok View Post



    These two shots are great!! You can print it out and sell it to the towkay liao
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  2. #22
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    I noticed how the color of the paper background affects the WB of the shoot.

    NNB, sorry bro, I discovered I am better at eating, not food arranging. I tried my best though Also bro, #3 is claypot fishhead. I only realized it after eating it. Yes, the fishhead is totally submerged. But we were meant to eat the dishes. If really want to do a shoot proper, must do it so it looks good only, but not taste good (very little gravy only). Bro, I hope you got full plate views versions of the pics. I think bro ZCA will need those...

    ZCA, I think some glistening is good. What we don't want is major chunks of hotspots. I think NNB did good.

    ahkok, I really liked your idea of chopsticks holding the food. Swee.

    The idea wasn't to get the photos until professional-standard la...
    I think we achieved all the 3 goals (socialising, makan, photograph food)!!
    I like the crop as is. Don't think I'll need the full plate versions... well, I don't really know what I need or don't need... hahaha!


    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball
    I have some more shots of each dishes from different angle, will post if i have the time..
    Bros, do comment on the WB, exposure, presentation and such..

    I took JPEG + RAW.. So anything can be easily corrected. Cheers
    Looking at ahkok's photos, I think holding the food with the chopsticks was a brilliant idea...! Salute!
    Also it looks like slightly cooler WB does the trick.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    TLooking at ahkok's photos, I think holding the food with the chopsticks was a brilliant idea...! Salute!
    Also it looks like slightly cooler WB does the trick.
    The holding food style will be good for menus, but not good for signboard.

  4. #24
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The idea wasn't to get the photos until professional-standard la...
    I think we achieved all the 3 goals (socialising, makan, photograph food)!!
    I like the crop as is. Don't think I'll need the full plate versions... well, I don't really know what I need or don't need... hahaha!
    Well, up to you la. Most signboards makers will say full plate photos better. But u know la, everything can be worked around.

    I thought bro NNB did very well. The diffused light is very shiok... That light stand and soft box is calling out to me since last night... buy me buy me buy me... alas I have to get a SB900 to match them...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th June 2010 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The idea wasn't to get the photos until professional-standard la...
    I think we achieved all the 3 goals (socialising, makan, photograph food)!!
    I like the crop as is. Don't think I'll need the full plate versions... well, I don't really know what I need or don't need... hahaha!
    Yeah, my first thought also is that if it's a pro-shoot, then the plates should not be cropped - coz it looks funny. But for my own personal keepsakes, I tend to take with the plates and even food cropped off.

    Looks very yummy, err... never save any for me right?

  6. #26
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yeah, my first thought also is that if it's a pro-shoot, then the plates should not be cropped - coz it looks funny. But for my own personal keepsakes, I tend to take with the plates and even food cropped off.

    Looks very yummy, err... never save any for me right?
    If save for you, will go bad already...

  7. #27

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    [QUOTE=ahkok;6210258]Thanks for organizing the outing. Met a few new friends and had good time sharing life experiences (sorry cant really remember all the names and nick, paisei )

    Credits to those who contributed the flashes (angdaonee, hlyeoh), manjong paper and effort for holding chopsticks

    Didnt get the whole series, here are some of the shots. Comments are welcome.

    Thanks.

    No problem for the flashes ahkok......but the guys here are fast in getting the shots online, i just went home bath and sleep liao haha. Not yet review it yet. Screw up for me, brought along my radio triggers but did not bring the hotshoe adapter for pocket wizards. Anyway it was a good experience to meet up with others and first time testing remote trigger from camera directly.

  8. #28

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    I think i was the one holding the chopsticks haha

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    These two shots are great!! You can print it out and sell it to the towkay liao

  9. #29
    Member/Tangshooter iszan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Farrer Park
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    credit to all the shots.. they're great n lovely.. makes me wanna have lunch now...
    whaha

    i havent process any of mine yet.. if there is a take will post them here.. till then credit to ZCA for this organise outing.. it was a good time out tgt
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

  10. #30
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I noticed how the color of the paper background affects the WB of the shoot.

    NNB, sorry bro, I discovered I am better at eating, not food arranging. I tried my best though Also bro, #3 is claypot fishhead. I only realized it after eating it. Yes, the fishhead is totally submerged. But we were meant to eat the dishes. If really want to do a shoot proper, must do it so it looks good only, but not taste good (very little gravy only). Bro, I hope you got full plate views versions of the pics. I think bro ZCA will need those...

    ZCA, I think some glistening is good. What we don't want is major chunks of hotspots. I think NNB did good.

    ahkok, I really liked your idea of chopsticks holding the food. Swee.
    Haa..So tats claypot fishead...okok.. corrected in title.. Tks for Id'in bro..

    Yup i have full plate versions of most.. will send to him separately.
    Shots posted here are slighly cropped to improve composition.
    i also like the idea of chopsticks into the play, we Nikonians are so engrossed with our lighting that we forget about our creativity~!!
    Last edited by Numnumball; 16th June 2010 at 01:04 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  11. #31
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    As bro ZCA mentioned, we will be keeping people shots to a minimum. So to record the outing, I am just going to post 2 shots. To give viewers an idea of the setup as well as some of the people and equipment involved.

    #DD-01 - The commotion, and how we terrorized the neighbors in the kopitiam.


    #DD-02 - Bro Numnumball attacking the food.
    i knew u will snap candids of me in action.. wah kaoz.. pic #2 never lighten those eye bags
    Last edited by Numnumball; 16th June 2010 at 12:57 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  12. #32
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The holding food style will be good for menus, but not good for signboard.
    +2 on that
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    i knew u will snap candids of me in action.. wah kaoz.. pic #2 never lighten those eye bags
    Ok bro, I will do some DI and repost. I make you swee swee like XMM in paid photoshoots...

  14. #34
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Well, up to you la. Most signboards makers will say full plate photos better. But u know la, everything can be worked around.

    I thought bro NNB did very well. The diffused light is very shiok... That light stand and soft box is calling out to me since last night... buy me buy me buy me... alas I have to get a SB900 to match them...
    Haa... bro.. mai tu liao.. just imagine outdoor portraits with ur wife with ur 85 f2 and 50 f1.2 AIS with all those wonderful diffused light falling on ur wife..more 3D and professional output.. She will love u the more.. *no more virtual eyebays*
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #35
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Haa... bro.. mai tu liao.. just imagine outdoor portraits with ur wife with ur 85 f2 and 50 f1.2 AIS with all those wonderful diffused light falling on ur wife..more 3D and professional output.. She will love u the more.. *no more virtual eyebays*
    Tio poison liao...

  16. #36
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yeah, my first thought also is that if it's a pro-shoot, then the plates should not be cropped - coz it looks funny. But for my own personal keepsakes, I tend to take with the plates and even food cropped off.
    Agreed on that bro.. dun worry i have full plates versions for ZCA bro to do his own editing..

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Looks very yummy, err... never save any for me right?
    In (my stomach) and "Out" (this morning... ) one u want not?
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  17. #37

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Wow. Very nice set of pictures and food. Yummy! Btw, my picture wasnt using flash at all. All from the lighting above. =X
    Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

  18. #38
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Ok bro, I will do some DI and repost. I make you swee swee like XMM in paid photoshoots...
    Bro, I've replaced that pic with a processed one to make you more yandao than you already are. Hope you like this one better...

  19. #39
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, I've replaced that pic with a processed one to make you more yandao than you already are. Hope you like this one better...


    swee..but wait i ask my colleagues qc abit.. hmm.. ok... hmm..err.. mm.. ok

    pass.. muahhahaha..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #40
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The holding food style will be good for menus, but not good for signboard.
    no signboard no signboard!!!
    eh... isn't that....?

    menu only bro... menu only...
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •