Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics here

Smile [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics here

Hi Folks,

On behalf of bro ZAC, started a thread here as he had suggested. Thanks to u Bro for organizing~!!

Totally noob in Food Photography.. Attempting some shots after 2 hrs of crash course on Food Photography last night through incessant web surfing..

Great Outing, Great Get Together, Great food, Great hospitality~! (P.s. would love to hear more of DD123 bro "story telling & sharing of his wonderful life experiences" again ).

GG on hibernate mode soon, after watching a less than entertaining 2nd half Ivory Coast vs Portugal game.. Batteries level dipping.. doozing off soon.. just one pic for today and will proceed and post with the rest tml..

Equipment used:

- D700 with 105VRf2.8 on tripod
    - 1 X SB900 with softbox on light stand right filled
    - 1 X SB600 on tripod with Gary Fong diffuser backfilled (credits to DD123)
    - 1 X SB-R200 diffused left filled.
    - Manjong paper (credits to Coolthought)

1. The 1st dish of the evening - Fish Head Curry

All CnC are most welcome.

And pls share your pics as well~!!!
    Last edited by Numnumball; 28th October 2010 at 09:16 AM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

Actually i am noobies for food photography. Here what i think.

Maybe you should wipe off the gravy on the edge of the claypot.

The dish look very tasty to me. Make me feel hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Hi Folks,

On behalf of bro ZAC, started a thread here as he had suggested. Thanks to u Bro for organizing~!!

Totally noob in Food Photography.. Attempting some shots after 2 hrs of crash course on Food Photography last night through incessant web surfing..

Great Outing, Great Get Together, Great food, Great hospitality~! (P.s. would love to hear more of DD123 bro "story telling & sharing of his wonderful life experiences" again ).

GG on hibernate mode soon, after watching a less than entertaining 2nd half Ivory Coast vs Portugal game.. Batteries level dipping.. doozing off soon.. just one pic for today and will proceed and post with the rest tml..

Equipment used:

- D700 with 105VRf2.8 on tripod
    - 1 X SB900 with softbox on light stand right filled
    - 1 X SB600 on tripod with Gary Fong diffuser backfilled (credits to DD123)
    - 1 X SB-R200 diffused left filled.
    - Manjong paper (credits to Coolthought)

Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues) - Show ur pics

shiok and nice!

Ooops. Didnt see this thread and went to post my own. >< Anw heres my contribution to the thread. Pai Gu Wang(pork ribs) from Hong Kong Strt @ Marine Parade! Im still a newbie, so pardon me if my shot isnt nice. Comments are welcome as TS said! Btw hope TS dont mind me posting, altho i didnt attend the outing. Was hoping for all newbies in food photography to learn. ><

Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post

hahahaha the dishes were coming fast n furious
    very kan chiong...!

Those who came for the outing were not food photography pros, so I hope it was a chance to try it out!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball

Looks good to my noob eyes bro!
    Credits must go to DD123 for his arrangement skills.

Still got a few hotspots but I was thinking: If totally none, it also wouldn't look 'glistening'... ~shrug~ Probably the importance is to have the shiny bits appear at the 'right' spots? hahahaha ok I'm blabbering...

Quote Originally Posted by BikerPh0t0z View Post
    Ooops. Didnt see this thread and went to post my own. >< Anw heres my contribution to the thread. Pai Gu Wang(pork ribs) from Hong Kong Strt @ Marine Parade! Im still a newbie, so pardon me if my shot isnt nice. Comments are welcome as TS said! Btw hope TS dont mind me posting, altho i didnt attend the outing. Was hoping for all newbies in food photography to learn. ><

Looks very yummy!
    Actually this thread was intended for photos from last night, but... no need to be so exclusive ya?
    My only nitpick is that the front piece of meat caught the 'catchlight' from your external flash.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahahaha the dishes were coming fast n furious
    very kan chiong...!

Those who came for the outing were not food photography pros, so I hope it was a chance to try it out!
    Wanted to join in the fun yesterday but working until 1am this night.

Hope all of you had fun.? Hope i can join in the next one.
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

Quote Originally Posted by BikerPh0t0z View Post

Arh~! Never get to shoot this.. Ohh..and eat this also.. ohh... It's nt from yest outing.. Haa.. Btw it looks yummy..
    Last edited by Numnumball; 16th June 2010 at 10:03 AM.
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post

Yup Agreed on the gravy at the edge, Oui Assistant. never do ur work~!! haha.. *jokin jokin*

Presentable is crucial
    My Flickr|My Son

More more more..

2. Another - full view of Fish Head Curry

My Flickr|My Son

3 - Claypot fishead

Last edited by Numnumball; 16th June 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    My Flickr|My Son

4. Chilli Prawns

My Flickr|My Son

5. Kanggong

My Flickr|My Son

6. Hot Plate Beef

My Flickr|My Son

7. Yam Seafood or sth

My Flickr|My Son

8. Hot Plate Tofu

Thats all for me~ As mentioned to Bro ZCA, i only managed to take 7 dishes with the last 4 in a rush.. *Actually i understand where ZCA coming from , Food getting cold mah and worried we guys hungry also*

I have some more shots of each dishes from different angle, will post if i have the time..
    Bros, do comment on the WB, exposure, presentation and such..

I took JPEG + RAW.. So anything can be easily corrected. Cheers
    My Flickr|My Son

Thanks for organizing the outing. Met a few new friends and had good time sharing life experiences (sorry cant really remember all the names and nick, paisei )

Credits to those who contributed the flashes (angdaonee, hlyeoh), manjong paper and effort for holding chopsticks

Didnt get the whole series, here are some of the shots. Comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

I noticed how the color of the paper background affects the WB of the shoot.

NNB, sorry bro, I discovered I am better at eating, not food arranging. I tried my best though Also bro, #3 is claypot fishhead. I only realized it after eating it. Yes, the fishhead is totally submerged. But we were meant to eat the dishes. If really want to do a shoot proper, must do it so it looks good only, but not taste good (very little gravy only). Bro, I hope you got full plate views versions of the pics. I think bro ZCA will need those...

ZCA, I think some glistening is good. What we don't want is major chunks of hotspots. I think NNB did good.

ahkok, I really liked your idea of chopsticks holding the food. Swee.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th June 2010 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries

As bro ZCA mentioned, we will be keeping people shots to a minimum. So to record the outing, I am just going to post 2 shots. To give viewers an idea of the setup as well as some of the people and equipment involved.

#DD-01 - The commotion, and how we terrorized the neighbors in the kopitiam.

#DD-02 - Bro Numnumball attacking the food. (replaced with PPed version to reduce bro's eyebags.)
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th June 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast