Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Intensive crash course in Photography

Default Re: Intensive crash course in Photography

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Hi Ghaz1,

how come no response from chihuahua, downhere at ClubSnap, we got loads of experienced photographers willing to extend their helping hands, and recently, many new Mods on duty are actual pro in their daily livelihood.
    Well, apparently he received many PMs (including mine) that told him to take his time, read more books, talk to photo enthusiasts and go out and shoot more often. So he decided to do exactly that. Maybe he will consider joining one of the outings that is organised here, which i also invited him to do so.
    Vision is more important than gear

Thanks, and at least you'd get to reply but he seems to disappear after the very first post.

A very shy guy is it ?

Considering the judgemental responses and assumptions made towards his intentions, well who can blame him for keeping mum.

Its a norm isn't it these days. Some replies, be it in CS or other photography forums, would never be complete without a tint of sarcasm and provocation.

To the TS, I hope you'll find yourself a good mentor who'll guide you well. For me, its been 3 years of work that involves photography, yet I truly cannot say I'm any good at it. With the right motivation, I'm sure you'd fare much much better than I have in a much shorter period.

I just hope your big-money offer does not land you a silly money-grubbing opportunist with blind words of photography wisdom and a colourful self-endorsed CV. I believe there are many experienced and skilled photography enthusiasts out there who would charge you a packet of chickadees for their time and guidance. Try to get the right contacts.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Allendryj; 19th June 2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Forgot some words

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaz1 View Post
    Well, apparently he received many PMs (including mine) that told him to take his time, read more books, talk to photo enthusiasts and go out and shoot more often. So he decided to do exactly that. Maybe he will consider joining one of the outings that is organised here, which i also invited him to do so.

thats commendable Ghaz1
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Hi Allendryj,

The overwhelming response and reaction to this thread could be due to the phrase that...He can afford to pay good money, but however, the mentor have got only 2 months to complete this task. ( Seem like a tall order, don't you think so ? )

Another reason is..( may I boldly speaks on behalf.. ) most of the members here are preparing to offer him assistance without resorting to any reward or payment. ( not too sure whether I am correct or wrong, maybe some might want some token payback )

Lastly, there arn't much bootlicker here. That's why people speak direct from their mind.

Admittedly, this place at times do look like a " killing field " or " commando surving camp " where you can see a lot of cross firing from different camps.
    Do be reminded to remove or hide your ego ( temporary ) when enter.

All the above opinion are solely from me and has got nothing to do with ClubSnap.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 20th June 2010 at 02:12 AM.

Cabbyshe,

Lols. Don't take it personally cos I certainly didn't write to mock any particular person did I? I cannot afford any ego cos truly, I'm just a humble newbie in photography.

As a newbie, I regularly look to posts, pics and comments for advise and guidance in CS as well as other photography forums and often, topics on advise and guidance deviate into something else. Its fun when its light-hearted and funny, its not so when flaming and thrashing creeps in. And its hard to read further on any thread filled with such negativity. Maybe that's why TS kept mum, maybe he alrdy had plenty of friendly pms going his way or maybe he alrdy found his guru.

I do not discredit senior photographs here offering their services, be it for meagre returns or otherwise. Its none of my business. Just saying that there are always the dishonest opportunists out there and in my line of work in the past, unfortunately I have had to get involved in the middle. I just hope TS doesn't fall victim to such persons.

Now this thread is not about me, bootlicker or not so I'll stop here and pass the baton back to TS. As Ghaz1 mentioned, you're alrdy getting the help you requested so its all good.

To the rest, any greivances, you can pm bombard me if u feel the need to, let's not deviate and spoil this thread if we have not done so, me included.

Good luck to TS.
    Last edited by Allendryj; 20th June 2010 at 08:20 AM.

Pardon my newbie comments compared to all the seniors in this forums. After reading all the comments I am sure TS won't mind saving the dollar by getting free coaching. To help him with that perhaps you guys can post your portfolio or past works so he can decide which style he wants to learn first?

Jut my 2 cents worth. I really hope to see some great works for inspiration. And perhaps get free coaching too.

Hi Allendryj,

Hey, no problem yo, just releasing my personal feel yo,
    heyman, I'am just an ordinary member here..programe to receive..

Welcome to the ClubSnap photo forum, it's a lovely place, it's a lovely place.

you could check out anytime you want but you can never leave...

Anyone seen this?
    www.thomas-tan.com
    If look for this sifu good idea? I personally find his pics very inspiring and I got aspirations from his works. But I guess talents like this is aplenty here just by how knowledgeable the members are, from their posts.
    Which member should I look for? Any suggestions? Hehe free lessons I love.

Hi hotgdogbun,

we have portrait master here are you not aware of ? am sure you can find your sifu.

Really? Which nick? I go check him out and learn something! Apparently real masters always very humble won't say anything.
    Read some threads but grew tired cause all are words, better if I extract from books cause easier for my understanding

If can pls provide the links too other than nick.
    Thanks!

Hey Allendryj,

The heat generated here is/are considered children's corner, with the marshall prowling around making sure everything are in order.

It's nothing comparing to other forum, or some you can see happening in the parliament, getting physical instead of just words.

As Sion said, here is safer than outside world.

If want to find out who is Sion, go check out the thread on...the 5 funny CSer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogbun View Post
    Really? Which nick? I go check him out and learn something! Apparently real masters always very humble won't say anything.
    Read some threads but grew tired cause all are words, better if I extract from books cause easier for my understanding
    Ya, it's true...about two months ago, few of the members here just obtained their " Master " titleship.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    As Sion said, here is safer than outside world.
    Whoever Sion is, he is so right.
    That is why when people tell me the world on forums, I take with pinch of salt. There are too many who are only good at talking but credits weak, and more than often giving expertise more of an opinion rather than knowledge. Simply because it is because they are using an identity rather than a person, as in form of user nick, and they take little responsibility in this.

Also, if one is keen on something, paying for it is a form of procurement process which commits parties involved. So one won't need to depend on law of accidents just to see how much the other party can and is willing to teach and to what extend. I learnt that FREE stuff also come with it's price tag, which equates to Nothing Is Free

Just curious, TS found what he/she is looking for?
    Last edited by hotdogbun; 21st June 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234