Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eos S300 or Nikon F75?

100 is fast liao...enuff to get CHUNKs of water...the slower the dreamier like justarius said...juz remember to compensate..

Default Eos S300 or Nikon F75??

Has anyone of u guys taken any basic photography course before? Thinking of joining one so its easier for me to get the hang of it.

no point...so hav u got ya slr yet??? at least get a basic concept of ya SLR first...read and ask questions lor...otherwise totally dunno anything go for course also pointless....
    Last edited by Witness; 27th April 2004 at 04:40 PM.

your mileage may vary, but I just picked everything up from books and the internet and a bit of practica experimentation. Get a good grip on the basic trinity of exposure first: shutter speed, aperture and film speed. Your first stop to acquiring this knowledge should be the library..

Default Eos 300 or Nikon F75??

Yup got my slr. So any books u pple would recommend for a start?

Quote Originally Posted by cs_sim
    Yup got my slr. So any books u pple would recommend for a start?
    What SLR did you get at the end huh?

I didn't actually learn from a book, but learn from a stack of magazines that I'd bought 2nd hand from another CSnapper... Maybe you should nip around the library and see what's available? Most books give the basics more or less!

if u want specific stuff in depth..go for mags....in libraries....like star trails setttings and equipments etc etc...if u lookin for basic stuff try the complete idiot's guide to photography like a pro....easy to understand...and loads of information....made readin it for me interestin.....

Eventually i went for e canon one coz Cathay was having a promotion that was too gd to turn down.

Try a book called "learning to see creatively". not much technical details. But points on how to improve your thinking and composition skills.

Also thinking of testing my cam out so far been to Fullerton area, where else is gd to get diff exposure to building, nature, beaches n maybe sun sets?

beaches quite obvious rite....singapore is an island lo..... i tink timing is important....like early mornings or sunsets at changi etc etc...join us for our shoots....

When n where to?

Actually it's easy for one to take pictures at scenic places, and it's a challenge for you to make your everyday surrounding look different.

For me, I go around anywhere convenient whenever I wanted to test my camera, be it near my workplace, or along the way to work... ... There's really no need to say go out of your way to a particular place just to test your camera. Outings are good too, so that people who are more experienced could impart invaluable knowledge to you for free!

Quote Originally Posted by cs_sim
    When n where to?
    For outings, you may want to join Azure's outing. Think he'd one planned on this Saturday. There's also one organised by Peterpan to the zoo this sunday. If not, you can always think of places to go, start a new thread in the photoshoot forums, and see who's willing to accompany you.

try the thread to aftermath of little india....i started it...haha...
    its an outing next sat....we shooting scenes and ppl....basically i prefer to take action shots....ppl doing stuff or juz sitting ard and not doin stuff haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123