Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone read about this news?

Default Re: Has anyone read about this news?

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    If u read the news. He was in Kuala Terranganu which is an opposition ward with over 88% Malays. The ruling party, BN (Barisan Nasional) which Umno has largest share lost many seats over the years especially recently & they're trying to re-install NEP which favours the Bumiputra.
    It is very common for the politicians there to hammer us everytime an election comes up, stirring emotions & winning votes from the local Malays or simply showing "patriotism" but it has toned down a lot lately.
    Our govt. usually keeps quiet about it.
    Pretty sure Kuala Terengganu (my birth place!) is under BN.

On May 13th incident:
    1. The official estimates are definitely too low to be true, but then again the stories I hear of thousands being killed is also a bit too exaggerated IMHO. I think its closer to a few hundred, and mostly confined to parts of KL.
    2. Dr M himself is said to have a hand in orchestrating the incident. He was one of many "ultras" stirring up unrest, and help plot the downfall of Tunku Abdul Rahman, a moderate. After the riots Tunku took full responsibility and retired for good. It is well known that Tunku and Dr M never liked each other.

What Dr. M says is not entirely wrong on how you look at it......there are departments and positions in Singapore with invinsible glass which does not takes in Malay.

Looking at job classifed and some advertisers merely looking for "Chinese candidates only" which I feel bad as a Singaporean.

I think in Singapore, we have our own "race barrier" to be solved and more problems might arise especially with more nationality coming in and becoming Singaporean.

On a whole Singapore will be much better place if we learn to see ourselves as a Singaporean first than a race.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
    What Dr. M says is not entirely wrong on how you look at it......there are departments and positions in Singapore with invinsible glass which does not takes in Malay.

in singapore, it is so called "invisible glass". but in msia, it's a concrete wall to keep out others..how's that?
    anyway, just ignore that senile old man who is too free and got nothing else to do with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by kokfann View Post

in singapore, it is so called "invisible glass". but in msia, it's a concrete wall to keep out others..how's that?
    anyway, just ignore that senile old man who is too free and got nothing else to do with his life.
    yaya concrete wall, just like last time in Malaysia (FYI i'm a Malaysian), while i was driving and stopped in the traffic light a motorcycle come and bang into me. then we go police station, then police say i wrong ask me pay money. Then my father came down talk with the policeman, give him RM300 then everything become the motorcycle fault liao lor......

See i think in Malaysia the ranking is like this:
    number 1: Money (you have money you KING)
    number 2: Malay people
    Last: All other races

So i think Malaysia also quite racial harmony mah, if you got the money to harmony lah......
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

[Moderator's note]

No racial and/or political related posting please. Please refer to CS' ToS. Thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123