Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography and Dental Health Issues

Default Re: Photography and Dental Health Issues

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    tell me the name of this clinic please !!!!!
    You want to shoot or to pull tooth?

slightly OT

since we are talking about photoshoot and XMM, anyone know kow much PP is done before post of those XMM in a paid shoot? All the posted images look so flawless
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Not a Dentist or QC for XMM, but just a photographer? You?
    Good for u to have a set of close to perfect teeths. Me? I'm a non-perfect human who just like to enjoy the hobby of photography. PS: Im not a photographer nor GWC

Wah piang, since when did I say I got issues with yellow teeth or smokers? And since when did I criticises other's outlook?

Good teeth habits are self discipline. Not gifted nor born.

I thot my england's bad, some other people are worse in their comprehension...

Do I also have to baby sit you on yr inferiority complex too? Try getting a bigger camera. That may help?!
    I apologise if I have offended you. It's just my way of correcting you that both yellowish teeth and jagged teeth have nothing to do with oral hygience, in most cases it just natural, most of of the time genetic. The only way to solve it is to spend lots of money to implant braces or go for dental bleaching.

Yes you are right, my "England" is bad, I should have written in a much direct manner.

And thanks for your offer to help out on my so called inferiority complex. I don't need it.
    Find me beauty, find me kindness, find me truth...

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    slightly OT

since we are talking about photoshoot and XMM, anyone know kow much PP is done before post of those XMM in a paid shoot? All the posted images look so flawless
    it depends on what xmm you use...

i've seen some of the people riotvan works with, makeup also plays a very important role i think. it is generally a mixed bag.

i think most of the portraits in P&P are really overdone though. there is a difference between having good skin and turning into a wax figurine.

Quote Originally Posted by Inflames View Post
    I apologise if I have offended you. It's just my way of correcting you that both yellowish teeth and jagged teeth have nothing to do with oral hygience, in most cases it just natural, most of of the time genetic. The only way to solve it is to spend lots of money to implant braces or go for dental bleaching.

Yes you are right, my "England" is bad, I should have written in a much direct manner.

And thanks for your offer to help out on my so called inferiority complex. I don't need it.

Hi Man, i have to apologise if my reply was a bit too harsh. I posted the article without the intention to offend anyone . I was just pointing out that we seem to have alot of models with jagged teeth. Be it bitting from young or poor oral hygience, it is a cause for concern.

I know a few dentist who take photographs regularly and are on CS. But this is just meant to be a casual topic.

If i had offended anyone, i just mean to say, it wasnt intentional.

Thanks for reading.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Hi Man, i have to apologise if my reply was a bit too harsh. I posted the article without the intention to offend anyone . I was just pointing out that we seem to have alot of models with jagged teeth. Be it bitting from young or poor oral hygience, it is a cause for concern.
    i'm not a model, but my uneven teeth are a result of a few factors, large teeth and an unwillingness during childhood to pull out the loose tooth. so the teeth had no room to grow, they grew out messily.

these factors have little to do with oral hygiene, i think. i do occasionally have gum problems, but that's in part due to the crowded teeth; 0 cavities up till today.

anyways, with more and more girls willing to splurge on braces today, it is not really a problem i think, since you can choose your model, right?
    Last edited by night86mare; 15th June 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i'm not a model, but my uneven teeth are a result of a few factors, large teeth and an unwillingness during childhood to pull out the loose tooth. so the teeth had no room to grow, they grew out messily.

these factors have little to do with oral hygiene, i think. i do occasionally have gum problems, but that's in part due to the crowded teeth; 0 cavities up till today.

anyways, with more and more girls willing to splurge on braces today, it is not really a problem i think, since you can choose your model, right?
    Then also got problem, all the xmm now got braces

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    wait for them to be done with the braces lor...

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Now, which one is easier: pp the imperfect teeth, or pp the braces?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    both are very hard.

i rather shoot rocks, no problems with teeth.

cats also, crooked teeth no one will care, maybe even say the cat cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Just ask the model close mouth la, so ma fan. dunnid worry about PP

I know a few dentist who take photographs regularly and are on CS. But this is just meant to be a casual topic.

If i had offended anyone, i just mean to say, it wasnt intentional.

Thanks for reading.
    Hi JacePhoto, no worries, it's kopi session here. Texts always seems harsher than words from mouth because we can't see each other's expression. There's a reason why languages are invented before words.

And btw, I'm no dentist, I wish I am, then I won't be having sleepless nights thinking of when I can afford a M9.
    Find me beauty, find me kindness, find me truth...

I have the same problem.

Both sides of my teeth are longer and pointed than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    slightly OT

About 10 mins bah. Unless its really that bad. Then a visit to the dentist is a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Inflames View Post
    Hi JacePhoto, no worries, it's kopi session here. Texts always seems harsher than words from mouth because we can't see each other's expression. There's a reason why languages are invented before words.

And btw, I'm no dentist, I wish I am, then I won't be having sleepless nights thinking of when I can afford a M9.
    Thanks for the reply... Yeah, haha...

i think most of the portraits in P&P are really overdone though. there is a difference between having good skin and turning into a wax figurine.
    P&P shoot at the Madame Tussauds wax museum anyone?

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

it depends on what xmm you use...

i've seen some of the people riotvan works with, makeup also plays a very important role i think. it is generally a mixed bag.

yeah, agreed that the PP in P&P seems overdone but while I woun't say it's wax fig. the PP is to the extend of being impossibily flawless which sets me thinking, do the photographers know how much PP will be needed when they first sign up?

About 10 mins bah. Unless its really that bad. Then a visit to the dentist is a better idea.
    10 mins just for the teeths that's bad
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I have the same problem.

Both sides of my teeth are longer and pointed than the rest.

Er ...... your sensor dirty or maybe you got something stuck between your 2 front teeths from your "last meal" ?

TS, the only solution is to shoot with the mouth close..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12