Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 157

Thread: Rain

  1. #1
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Rain





    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th June 2010 at 08:58 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rain

    The rain was damn heavy this morning.
    Driving visibility was damn bad.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rain

    What is the forecast of weather during 14~26 August 2010 ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Rain

    i thot this rain...


  5. #5

    Default Re: Rain

    wow, u live up to your name...er, nick!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rain

    Looking from the map, geographically, Singapore island fits well to the main land of Malaysia. Any info on when Singapore island get detached from the peninsula ? curious.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Looking from the map, geographically, Singapore island fits well to the main land of Malaysia. Any info on when Singapore island get detached from the peninsula ? curious.
    Geographically, I don't know. But historically and politically, it happens on 9th August 1965
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  8. #8
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    What is the forecast of weather during 14~26 August 2010 ?
    I doubt anyone can give you an exact weather forecast that far into the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Looking from the map, geographically, Singapore island fits well to the main land of Malaysia. Any info on when Singapore island get detached from the peninsula ? curious.
    Good observation though geographically speaking the landmass of Singapore is not detached from Peninsular Malaysia as you might have believed.

    Back during the ice ages when sea level was much lower, Singapore was just a rather large and insignificant hill approximately in the middle of a continental shelf known as the Sundaland.




    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th June 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #9
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    What is the forecast of weather during 14~26 August 2010 ?
    I can tell you 14 Aug 2010, it will rain.

    There's a 50-50 percent chance that I will be right.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Rain

    Thanks for the illustrated information, so we are safe to be on a large landmass, rumours of too many development will sink Singapore will be unfound. On the other hand, if sea level rises we are anticipating some problem, am I correct to say that ?

    Was told that the construction / progress of the Marina Bay Sands was hampered it's due to the piling / structural works had hit the detached mole buried during land reclamation.

    Reason for asking weather info of Aug 14th as it's the period of Youth Olympic Games.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Rain

    LOL Singapore weather super standard one . Everyone can predict the weather for next 100years .

    Weather Forecast by ZY
    North , South , East , West , Central --> Hot , Humid , Rain .
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    LOL Singapore weather super standard one . Everyone can predict the weather for next 100years .

    Weather Forecast by ZY
    North , South , East , West , Central --> Hot , Humid , Rain .
    Traffic also, the radio DJs everyday announce also announce until same, always the same few expressways kena jam. I think they should record down the standard roads that will kena jam, then if got accident somewhere then get the DJ to say.

    Liddat the DJs got more time to eat breakfast

  13. #13
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Thanks for the illustrated information, so we are safe to be on a large landmass, rumours of too many development will sink Singapore will be unfound.
    That's suppose to be joke I believed, the continental crust alone is approximately 30 km deep on our side of the globe and the deepest humans have ever drilled was the Kola SG-3 Superdeep Borehole reaching a mere depth of 12.26 km akin to the thickness of a layer of nail polish if the index finger was a structure of the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    On the other hand, if sea level rises we are anticipating some problem, am I correct to say that ?
    Well, it takes decades or even centuries before any significant effects of climate change begin to be noticeable such as the rise in sea level, more than enough time for us to be prepared. Already some countries such as the Netherlands have a significant portion of its land area below sea level.

    As what someone had said "While other species perish, humans beings thrive in the face of global adversity and destruction".
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Was told that the construction / progress of the Marina Bay Sands was hampered it's due to the piling / structural works had hit the detached mole buried during land reclamation.
    A mole as in a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM)?

    I doubt they use those in land reclamation, probably some rumour.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 15th June 2010 at 11:55 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  14. #14
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Rain

    The rain continues this morning.

  15. #15
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The rain continues this morning.
    Yup, rather heavy precipitations in some areas.




    Shiok for BMT recruits, Cat 1 at Pulau Tekong.


    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 16th June 2010 at 09:46 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Rain

    It's like saying the chances of striking 4D is 50%. Strike or don't strike.....

    It doesn't work that way lah..


    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I can tell you 14 Aug 2010, it will rain.

    There's a 50-50 percent chance that I will be right.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Rain

    even heavier rain today. can't see Suntec buildings from suntec!

  18. #18
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    even heavier rain today. can't see Suntec buildings from suntec!



    Heavy thunderstorm at Central Business District (CBD) and Downtown Core.

    Magenta radar returns of over 65 dBZ indicate a rainfall of approximately around 150mm per hour.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 16th June 2010 at 10:38 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  19. #19
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Rain

    So heavy was today's rain (Wednesday) that the junction outside ION orchard got flooded!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Rain

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post



    Heavy thunderstorm at Central Business District (CBD) and Downtown Core.

    Magenta radar returns of over 65 dBZ indicate a rainfall of approximately around 150mm per hour.
    Wow! Look at the colours at the heart of Singapore.

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •