Thread: Questions about skin tone

Ha Noi, Vietnam, Vietnam

Default Questions about skin tone

Hi friends . I've been shooting for a short while and went for a model shoot for the first time a while back. I realized that photos by the other photogs, of the same model and under the same natural lighting, had very different (nicer) skin tones than my photos? I know my way around most of the camera's functions but this is pp is pretty new to me. How do you normally make the models' skin looks nicer with regards to the tone? Is it the lighting? Flash? PP? I heard it also has to do with the tone curve also?
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Default Re: Questions about skin tone

This is a joke, do not take it seriously.

My client usually like to place their product next to my photograph and comment...

" How come not the same colour ? " To solve this problem, I will always have the product next to printer and match accordingly.

Maybe can try my method ?

Punggol, Singapore

is the skin tone you are referring is strictly the color of the human skin only ? not referring to the texture of the skin?

accurate skin tone most of the time is not that pleasing, so photographers will fine tune the skill tone to make it more healthier look.

the trick is you have to pay attention on fine details, after see enough good samples of healthy skin tone, you will know how to fine tune it during the post.

hope this help
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot | iStock portfolio

Think a dermatologist would be most qualified to provide the most accurate answer.

Perhaps the late King of Pops has still be searching for his perfect skin tone

Alternatively, those guys working for the SK-II ads might be able to throw in some light on which software they are using.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 16th June 2010 at 02:31 AM.