Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Smile Hello!

    Hi Clubsnap! I'm a newbie here. Wish to learn more from everyone. I'm a Primary 5/11 year old student using a Canon EOS DSLR. I have taken some pictures and posted it up on both clubsnap and my blog. Some of you have already read the thread. But will need more advice and help to better my photography skills I have also learnt how to use Photoshop CS4 Extended since Primary 4 and you can say I'm pretty good at it. So I will need all the guidance I can get. I found this forum by chance and I think clubsnap is great!! Thank you! Btw, please visit and tag on my tagboard at my website: http://tintedpassion.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 14th June 2010 at 06:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Member papajanggo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    rustic but charming hougang
    Posts
    898

    Default Re: Hello!

    welcome to the club. nice blog you have there for a 11 yr old. keep on shooting and enjoy your stay
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

  3. #3
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Hello!

    show your profile "Camera Type
    Canon EOS 7D/EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM/EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM"

    70-200mm f/4l lens is heavy.. and you are at 11 years old only..
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  4. #4
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Smile Re: Hello!

    @ Voxies09
    I carry my EOS 7D complete with battery grip, the two lenses, my backpack and my water bottle. I do this almost every weekend. So it is no problem for me to mount my 7D with my 70mm-200mm lens

  5. #5
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by papajanggo33 View Post
    welcome to the club. nice blog you have there for a 11 yr old. keep on shooting and enjoy your stay
    Thanks for viewing my blog

  6. #6
    Member Senifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Hello!

    omg. this is scary. anyway, welcome to CS.
    Nikon D90 | N18-105mm | T90mm | SB-600
    My Flickr

  7. #7
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senifer View Post
    omg. this is scary. anyway, welcome to CS.
    what's scary?

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hi Clubsnap! I'm a newbie here. Wish to learn more from everyone. I'm a Primary 5/11 year old student using a Canon EOS DSLR. I have taken some pictures and posted it up on both clubsnap and my blog. Some of you have already read the thread. But will need more advice and help to better my photography skills I have also learnt how to use Photoshop CS4 Extended since Primary 4 and you can say I'm pretty good at it. So I will need all the guidance I can get. I found this forum by chance and I think clubsnap is great!! Thank you! Btw, please visit and tag on my tagboard at my website: http://tintedpassion.blogspot.com/
    Welcome!

    Lots of information online for you to learn. Read more, learn more, shoot more. If you have any questions, just ask in the relevant subforums here and I am sure the more experienced kor kor and jie jie will help you out.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Smile Re: Hello!

    @ Voxies09
    I carry my EOS 7D complete with battery grip, the two lenses, my backpack and my water bottle. I do this almost every weekend. So it is no problem for me to mount my 7D with my 70mm-200mm lens

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    what's scary?
    Probably he is referring to how young you are starting out, and with such good gear.

    Never hurts to start young.

  11. #11
    Member Senifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Probably he is referring to how young you are starting out, and with such good gear.

    Never hurts to start young.
    precisely. really lucky to be able to start young. and the way you handle your equipments every week, i can tell you're serious about this passion.
    Nikon D90 | N18-105mm | T90mm | SB-600
    My Flickr

  12. #12
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    @ Voxies09
    I carry my EOS 7D complete with battery grip, the two lenses, my backpack and my water bottle. I do this almost every weekend. So it is no problem for me to mount my 7D with my 70mm-200mm lens
    wow man.. that's heavy gear .. you should show your portrait too.. I wont allow my son to carry that heavy and expensive gear walk around Singapore...
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  13. #13

    Default Re: Hello!

    welcum to CS

    now everyone in this forums i bet wanna be in your shoes when they were 11yrs old... i know i am..

    good pics in your blog and awesome gears u have there...

    U GO GRRRRLLLLLLL........

  14. #14
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,311

    Smile Re: Hello!

    THANK YOU TO ALL KOR KOR(S) AND JIE JIE(S) ! But I would like to meet more Jie(s) to learn more Yes, my gear is heavy but I have no problem carrying it because my dad makes me carry all these every weekend. So-NO PAIN NO GAIN! I guess this is how you have to learn.

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hi Clubsnap! I'm a newbie here. Wish to learn more from everyone. I'm a Primary 5/11 year old student using a Canon EOS DSLR. I have taken some pictures and posted it up on both clubsnap and my blog. Some of you have already read the thread. But will need more advice and help to better my photography skills I have also learnt how to use Photoshop CS4 Extended since Primary 4 and you can say I'm pretty good at it. So I will need all the guidance I can get. I found this forum by chance and I think clubsnap is great!! Thank you! Btw, please visit and tag on my tagboard at my website: http://tintedpassion.blogspot.com/
    Welcome to CS

    I think you are the youngest CS member here

  16. #16
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    THANK YOU TO ALL KOR KOR(S) AND JIE JIE(S) ! But I would like to meet more Jie(s) to learn more Yes, my gear is heavy but I have no problem carrying it because my dad makes me carry all these every weekend. So-NO PAIN NO GAIN! I guess this is how you have to learn.
    Wow amazing. Keep up the good work, and have adequate rest. And of course, welcome to CS!
    The best things in life are free.

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hello!

    Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    wow man.. that's heavy gear .. you should show your portrait too.. I wont allow my son to carry that heavy and expensive gear walk around Singapore...
    I will. I just won't allow him to carry MY heavy and expensive gear. He can carry other people or his own heavy and expensive gear.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Hello!

    Welcome

  19. #19
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: Hello!

    Young girl, keep up with the good spirit and you will be going places in no time. Only wish my 12 yo daughter will follow suit but she's still struggling with her P&S
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Hello!

    hi bro,,nice to meet you at CS, welcome to the club...
    D300 + D60 + 18-55mmVR + 18-105mmVR + 50mm f/1.8, RAYNOX DCR-250, DCR-150, SB 700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •