Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow! You have a good camera

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    just curious... to anyone owning a great camera...

does it give u;

a) performance anxiety
    b) peace of mind
    c) a natural high

If I own a great camera system.......now I know the real reason why I don't get great pics

No more excuses on the camera. It lies within me.

"wow! u have a good camera! can i borrow?"

end of friendship
    not true but you are OT-ing..

Quote Originally Posted by w.s
    it's never ending... besides great equipment, u get something like tht...

"...nice photos...u've got some fantastic photoshop skills..."
    tis one still not too bad, photoshop require patience and skill also.

Think I will only get annoyed when the person said it this way
    " Wah Great photos! It MUST be your camera."

"WOW great shot! Which side up?"

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    not true but you are OT-ing..
    oooopz! just following minoxman's lead mah!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    tis one still not too bad, photoshop require patience and skill also.

Think I will only get annoyed when the person said it this way
    " Wah Great photos! It MUST be your camera."
    conversely, the reverse-compliment is;

"what? u got great pics with THAT cheapo camera?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    "WOW great shot! Which side up?"
    LOL. If really get this type of remark, the angle must be very unique.

"WOW! Your camera nice very! Your good pictures must be?"

How about this one?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=71271

Dunno what to make of it

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    How about this one?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=71271

Dunno what to make of it
    Joking la. Why so serious? Nice pic.

" wow ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Joking la. Why so serious? Nice pic.
    Not serious la, just didn't know what just happened.

Well, that is a funny example of pple thinking of equipment being the most deciding factor in good photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Not serious la, just didn't know what just happened.

Well, that is a funny example of pple thinking of equipment being the most deciding factor in good photo.
    brandon, that was so so funny.....

The equipment is of course important. Just that we don't need spending days and nights discussing about which one to get all the time you see here. The camera is only as good as the pictures you're going to get. It can never surpass the later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    If I own a great camera system.......now I know the real reason why I don't get great pics

No more excuses on the camera. It lies within me.
    hmm... u never know... one day cameras will become so advanced and so intelligent that they can really take good photos on their own. for example, having a huge database of great photos and a nifty inference engine to distil the elements of a great photo to what it sees b4 it. all this may take a while though.... mebbe 20 years?

hmm... u never know... one day cameras will become so advanced and so intelligent that they can really take good photos on their own. for example, having a huge database of great photos and a nifty inference engine to distil the elements of a great photo to what it sees b4 it. all this may take a while though.... mebbe 20 years?
    Noneed lar..
    all the technology needed already here...
    Just need a good programmer to do it..

Well discussed.... Isn't such comment comes very often? Just let it be.. You only feel insulted when u are not certain about the outputs u going to get. We must also agreed that some would get a great pic with a high end camera..hengheng lah. Right time right place and right angle. I had a friend who dunno anything abt photography but he was rich to invest in a Nikon F90x then. With some recommendations from retailers, he bought with a AF 28-85 F3.5/4.5 and started to shoot when he went Nepal. Came back with a great pic (after cropping at a later stage) and won a prize in one of the Photo competitions. The photograph was subsequently converted into black and white by a great darkroom expert, again won another award in another competition.....

What are u guys going to say? Great Photographer? Great composition? Great Camera or Great technology?

With today's DSLR and PS, we can probably be more creative after shooting. but we should encourage people to take the photo right from the moment u press the shutter, crop and expose it correctly....

Want to know what happened to my friend who won 2 competitions' award now? His camera subsequently ended up in other photog's dry box. Did anyone share the same experience here?

If u ask for comments, prepare to receive them from layppl to pro... Mostly the ARPS RPS holders would say "Great timing and composition", "well exposed and good work",(Postive works) and "try more with other exposure modes or angles, u would find something interesting", "let see what can we do in the dark room" (negative aspect) . Simply, a Pro would like to encourage newbies to move on coz photography is really a chinnnnnnnnnnp subject......

Just want to share that by commenting others' photographs would also reflect one's knowledge in photography, u can always reply with a smile when u receive comments such like "You must have a great camera!" I seemed many Pros making use of the P modes in recording their shots, are u going to say that they rely on their equipments to make them a Pro?

The forum is for ppl to exchange experience and learn from others, if u find nothing from certain comments, just ignore and dun take it too hard coz it would affect u in ur bright future of unlimited creation... Whatever camera in the future would never able to decide for u in capturing a good moment to tell a thousand words.......

Ben

PS Great Driver still can't drive without a car....
    Last edited by benchuatl; 21st April 2004 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benchuatl
    Well discussed.... Isn't such comment comes very often? Just let it be.. You only feel insulted when u are not certain about the outputs u going to get. We must also agreed that some would get a great pic with a high end camera..hengheng lah. Right time right place and right angle. I had a friend who dunno anything abt photography but he was rich to invest in a Nikon F90x then. With some recommendations from retailers, he bought with a AF 28-85 F3.5/4.5 and started to shoot when he went Nepal. Came back with a great pic (after cropping at a later stage) and won a prize in one of the Photo competitions. The photograph was subsequently converted into black and white by a great darkroom expert, again won another award in another competition.....

What are u guys going to say? Great Photographer? Great composition? Great Camera or Great technology?

With today's DSLR and PS, we can probably be more creative after shooting. but we should encourage people to take the photo right from the moment u press the shutter, crop and expose it correctly....

Want to know what happened to my friend who won 2 competitions' award now? His camera subsequently ended up in other photog's dry box. Did anyone share the same experience here?

If u ask for comments, prepare to receive them from layppl to pro... Mostly the ARPS RPS holders would say "Great timing and composition", "well exposed and good work",(Postive works) and "try more with other exposure modes or angles, u would find something interesting", "let see what can we do in the dark room" (negative aspect) . Simply, a Pro would like to encourage newbies to move on coz photography is really a chinnnnnnnnnnp subject......

Just want to share that by commenting others' photographs would also reflect one's knowledge in photography, u can always reply with a smile when u receive comments such like "You must have a great camera!" I seemed many Pros making use of the P modes in recording their shots, are u going to say that they rely on their equipments to make them a Pro?

The forum is for ppl to exchange experience and learn from others, if u find nothing from certain comments, just ignore and dun take it too hard coz it would affect u in ur bright future of unlimited creation... Whatever camera in the future would never able to decide for u in capturing a good moment to tell a thousand words.......

Ben

PS Great Driver still can't drive without a car....

well said

nice avatar btw

Hmmm. Interesting how this post have evolved into a skills vs equipment debate.

Hmm, but i wonder what consitutes of a "good camera"? I mean if you give me a 1Ds, i would proberbly produce worse photos then i do now. If i get a digital back, lagi worse photo. This I mainly attribute to many factors like weight, size, lack of life lcd, lack of newbie functions and etc. This being said, i have also noticed many of my friends taking better photos with their p&s cameras, then when they borrowed mine.

So is that tiny pocket camera better then the highend DSLRs? I think to many people, that would be true.

where can i buy this phone camera? *drool drool drool*
    STEP 1 : Buy mobile phone.
    STEP 2 : Buy camera (digital or Film... up to u)
    STEP 3 : use rubberband to tie phone to camera or can tape them together.
    There you have it --> the most advance camera phone (or phone camera?) money can buy...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast