Thread: Caterpillars

Default Caterpillars

Nope, not the usual tiny creatures. The following are 3 Caterpillar models i've collected. Mainly the Caterpillar D5G Bulldozer(scale unknown. It was given to me by my friend), 1:64 Caterpillar 385BL Excavator, 1:50 Caterpillar 725 Articulated Dumptruck. Pardon me if the pictures suck, im still learning with my D5000. Comments are welcomed! =)

Caterpillar D5G Track Type Tractor (Bulldozer) No flash used.

Caterpillar 385BL Excavator. Shot with no flash.

Flash is being used. Bordered by my buddy

Caterpillar 725 Articulated Dumptruck

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by BikerPh0t0z; 14th June 2010 at 03:08 AM.
    Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Default Re: Caterpillars

wow...like the shots..

but abit dusty ur figures... :P
    A550 (Sony 50mm F1.8 / Tamron 17-50mm f2.8)

Quote Originally Posted by nitevortex View Post
    wow...like the shots..

but abit dusty ur figures... :P
    Kekekekeke! Owned!

Dust is the primarly enemy of the scale replicas. Get a good broad sable brush - you can find one at Diaso for well..what else? $2! Pretty handy for diecasts!

Be careful of dark backgrounds - they absorb light and make the subject darker.

Haha! Thanks guys! Yeah. The models lay open in the shelf uncleaned for at least a year alr. Only when i wanted to shoot photos of them i used the air bladder used to blow lens and blow some dust off. But still some remained One day will clean them up
    Nikon D7100 | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED