Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CRT or LCD

Quote Originally Posted by hangyong
    not me... I use the 17" for pictures only... dun play games at all..

wife uses the 23" to do color proofing for magazine prints.
    hahha.. expected...

Sorry to go off topic here, but any recommendation for a reasonably cheap colour monitor calibrator?? Most people seem to like to use Colourvision spyder, but the price seem to be a bit steep. How does it really work?? Maybe after some understanding I might not find it too steep... I don't really need my photos to be 100% accurate, but at least close enough to get what you see on the monitor.

I have printed out some photos on my HP printer that appear much darker than what was shown on the monitor. Also I have ordered some photos thru an online photoshop that printed out my photos with a slight bluish tint that is not apparant when viewed from my monitor.

I think going big is the best way to view photos or play games. Thats why I intend to get a 19' or 21" CRT monitor (Currently using a crappy 17" HP monitor). Ever since I have pick up an interest in photography, I have beome more critical in the way I view photos especially mine. I would certainly love to show my photos in the best way possible. And recommendations for a big CRT monitor?? Being an occasional graphic intensive gamer also made me wish to have a huge monitor. If budget allows, I might even get a projector and link it with my computer. Imagine playing some flight simulator or car racing with a 50++" screen

Now I am really going more and more off topic. But would appreciate any advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12