Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water went in my camera

Default water went in my camera

Hi all, some water went in my canon 1000d and tamron 17-50 during a water event. Now my viewfinder has some fog. My lens has also water vapour and some water residue.. I dare not on the camera.. And try to air them under the sun..

On my filter there is some residue seen after the water evaporated.. I dunno wad will happen to my lens n body..

I am currently in m,sia and may only return to sg in 3 days time. Wad should i do...
    I love Tamron.

Default Re: water went in my camera

since you are in malaysia, i presume you are staying in hotel.

take your camera open the body cap (exposing the lens mount), place the camera on the table with the camera pointing downwards.
    try to put some object below the camera handgrip area without covering the lens mount area. in this way it will enable some air to flow in to dry the internal of the camera that is wet.
    best leave the camera overnight in aircon room, it should dry the internal of your camera the next morning.

once dry, you can test to on the camera, use blower to clean the internal part of the camera, do not attempt to use cloth to clean the internal part.

if water vapour is still there, sent for cleaning in CSC when you reach Singapore.
    Last edited by takengo2003; 13th June 2010 at 05:07 PM.

try to air it, then clean the parts that you can with a microfibre cloth. remove the battery as well, and don't put it back on until back at the service center.

bring it back to the service centers when you are back here. hope nothing is seriously wrong.

for residues on filters/lens, can try cleaning with a Lenspen.

all the best!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Or put camera in plastic bag with silica Gel or Thirty Hippo.

as in all electrical items....avoid switching power on, might cause internal electrical damge....
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Or put camera in plastic bag with silica Gel or Thirty Hippo.

The cam wasn't submerged was it? Just splashed with water, then you off it?
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

My camera was in a friend's bag which was supposed to be waterproof, but somehow water went inside the bag bcos it was placed on a a raftboat and water did get on it... I dunno is it considered submerged in this case. But sure it was wet when i took it out...

I do not have a dry box or silica.. I am following the advice of putting in the hotel room to dry now.. i dunno wad else can i do
    I love Tamron.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    My camera was in a friend's bag which was supposed to be waterproof, but somehow water went inside the bag bcos it was placed on a a raftboat and water did get on it... I dunno is it considered submerged in this case. But sure it was wet when i took it out...

I do not have a dry box or silica.. I am following the advice of putting in the hotel room to dry now.. i dunno wad else can i do
    Better go to supermarket quickly to get a box of Thirty Hippo and put camera and Hippo in plastic bag to reduce the damage.

The Thirty Hippo will suck up all the moisture.

ok thanks i do that right away
    I love Tamron.

Still, nothing beats a check by CSC. They're open tmr!

All the best with your cam bro!

Hi all, some water went in my canon 1000d and tamron 17-50 during a water event. Now my viewfinder has some fog. My lens has also water vapour and some water residue.. I dare not on the camera.. And try to air them under the sun..

On my filter there is some residue seen after the water evaporated.. I dunno wad will happen to my lens n body..

I am currently in m,sia and may only return to sg in 3 days time. Wad should i do...
    air it first, and then place it with a dehumidifier for a few days, before trying to operate it.

Uncooked rice grains are rather hygroscopic and you can use it to dry out your soaked electronic equipments overnight in case of an emergency.

The Washing Post, A wired-in guy getting set for a big date.
    Article dated 11th of June 2007 By Ernesto Londoņo, The Washing Post staff writer
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 14th June 2010 at 01:50 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I also wish got csc now, but i still in m,sia...

I like to ask do i tell csc ppl exactly wad happen? I still have my warranty. Will thy charge me for the repair/servicing.
    I love Tamron.

I like to ask do i tell csc ppl exactly wad happen? I still have my warranty. Will thy charge me for the repair/servicing.
    it is because of your own fault.

my advice is to be honest, because that is what a man should do, take responsibility for his mistakes. i don't see a point in lying about your own negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

my advice is to be honest, because that is what a man should do, take responsibility for his mistakes. i don't see a point in lying about your own negligence.
    Even if you dun tell the truth they will charge you...they will know is due to human. Not cover under warranty. Telling then what happen will allow them to have better understanding and know what they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    Even if you dun tell the truth they will charge you...they will know is due to human. Not cover under warranty. Telling then what happen will allow them to have better understanding and know what they should do.
    Yeah, not that it matters anyway. In terms of water, it's not possible to say "manufacturing fault" anyway

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yeah, not that it matters anyway. In terms of water, it's not possible to say "manufacturing fault" anyway
    ya i think so too. warranty does not cover this accident?
    I love Tamron.

If it still works, cleaning isn't that costly. Just tell the truth ba. Mostly, the person service you will try to ask for your case to be covered under warrenty as long as you don't act like they own you a living when they attend to you. I work with lots of IT equipment and when it break down by accident or act of god, the serviceman will try to help me request it under warrenty. Dishonestly will result in irritation and untrust and thus it might cause negative effect. BTW remember to remove the battery as there might be small current running inside the camera maintaining time and other settings. You can call CSC and ask about your case before going down.

Blog Entries

ya i think so too. warranty does not cover this accident?
    Warranty covers manufacturing defects.
    Insurance covers accidents.

Which one do you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast