Thread: How do I resize my photo to fit the requirements for avatars in Clubsnap?

Default How do I resize my photo to fit the requirements for avatars in Clubsnap?

Can someone pls help me with the workflow for resizing of my photo so that i can meet the requirement of maximum size of 100 by 100 pixels or 14.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

Whenever I try to reduce the filesize my photo becomes so unclear that I can't see what it's supposed to be.. But if it's clear, the filesize is too big to be accepted as an avatar..

Pls help me..

pummkin
    Guests

If you have Photoshop, open the file, then select Image Size & key in the values accordingly (100x100). Click Save As & save as JPEG file. This way, the program will do the proper resizing for you. Make sure you "lock the aspect ratio" so that the picture resizes but doesn't distort.

Hope this helps.

Try to save as GIF format. Filesize is smaller and probably maintain detail better than JPEG at low res.

or you can "SAVE FOR WEB" in PS

Quote Originally Posted by pummkin
    If you have Photoshop, open the file, then select Image Size & key in the values accordingly (100x100). Click Save As & save as JPEG file. This way, the program will do the proper resizing for you. Make sure you "lock the aspect ratio" so that the picture resizes but doesn't distort.

Hope this helps.
    if i do it this way the filesize is still above the 15KB limit leh..

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    or you can "SAVE FOR WEB" in PS
    think this is the best way to do it liao..

realised it's saved as a GIF file..

any difference in saving as a .gif as compared to a .jpg other than the filesize?

GIF -> good for block-colour diagrams with simple lines and shapes.
    JPEG -> good for pictures with high photographic details.

My advice: crop to the required size, then apply USM to it. After that "Save as Web" and save as "JPEG Medium" or "JPEG Low".