Thread: Newbie here

Default Newbie here

Hi to all, i'm a newbie here, just bought a 500D with 50mm, Canon 75-300mm USM III and -55mm lens.

If there's any outing for photoshoot near bugis, be sure to count me in as i'm interested to learn all sort of skills from you guys.

Just started to take pics today. Please comment and critic

When i take the pic, the car suddenly just zoom pass and thus, it became like this...

Default Re: Newbie here

firstly, welcome to clubsnap!

secondly, the Newbies Corner is not the appropriate section of the forum to post pictures for comment and critique.

My main comment is that the photos look pretty much like snapshots. There really isn't much composition to comment on.
    Also the colours look flat. Probably the lighting was not suitable.

In the 2nd photo, the shutter speed was 1/60, so if the car drove by pretty quick and caused a gust of wind to 'whoosh' at the leaves, they'd be moving about a lot, hence blur.
    Exploring! :)

Welcome to CS
    Congrats on your new toy. 1st thing 1st, go read your camera's manual. The pictures you took looks like just a test shot to me. So, not comenting.
    Look up the section where the gatherings & outings are. Go join them & you'll learn more from such outings
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
    When i take the pic, the car suddenly just zoom pass and thus, it became like this...
    In addition to what was said already: this kind of excuse doesn't work If the conditions are not good then either wait and come back another day or work around the problems. Ever seen an exhibition with an "Excuse" tagged to a pic?
    But main question: what exactly did you want to show / capture? I have an idea, looking back at some of my first pics and remembering what I thought ... but you might want to ponder again about the subject. Google about 'photography and composition', plenty of good guides there.
    EOS

Hi welcome to CS!
    Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!
    Happy shooting!
    Canon EOS 7D| EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM| EF-S 15-85mm IS|580EX II

Deregistered

Welcome to CS

Welcome