Thread: Tripod reccommendations?

Default Tripod reccommendations?

Hi any good tripod reccommendations? I am on a 550D with a tamron 28-75. I am planning to bring this overseas with me for a year.. so a lightweight and a more compact one would be nice. Thanks!

Default Re: Tripod reccommendations?

Alternatively, you can check Manfrotto website where they will calculate the weight of your camera and lens and recommends you the products as you choose.

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/news/...orker1/lang/en

if Manfrotto is too expensive for you, then you check with Jack for Benro products

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641244

I bought my Manfrotto 055XPROB and 496RC2. Quite heavy, but no choice given that my camera set-up weight is about 3 kg
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Default Re: Tripod reccommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by pryer View Post
    Hi any good tripod reccommendations? I am on a 550D with a tamron 28-75. I am planning to bring this overseas with me for a year.. so a lightweight and a more compact one would be nice. Thanks!
    welcome to Clubsnap!
    overseas posting?

Get a travelling type of tripod, if budget permits.
    Perhaps Benro Carbon Travel Angel series...
    Consider the maximum height when deployed, the folded length, and the weight capacity.
    Always have allowance between rated maximum weight and your heaviest setup.
    eg. if your heaviest setup is 1.5kg, it might be good idea to get at least a 4kg or 6kg-rated tripod + head, so that you can still use it when you purchase heavier body or lens Otherwise for current intentions maybe a 3kg rated combo would be sufficient.
    Exploring! :)