Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: canon lens mug = crappy

  1. #41

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post


    my comments were not aimed at you or other advertisers, just my own experience when I bought one for personal use, direct in China

    A couple of factories in China produces 'A' Grade lens mugs too.... I bought the el cheapo version
    no worries
    You're very right, not all factories produce poor quality product. It's really matter who you get the stocks from. All the big companies around the world have their original products made in China too, so it just not right to say all products from China are poor quality, which most of us might think so.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,210

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by MemoriesLink View Post
    I could have just bring them in and just sold as it is, but as a responsible advertiser i did not.

    Instead i requested the manufacturer to resend me another batch. this is the reason why till now my stocks for the 70-200mm has not arrived. Although its late compare to others but i rather wait than to sell stocks which are below expectation.
    It good that you stand by the Quality of the product. It reassuring to hear that if I ever think of buying the mug from you it would be a quality piece and such incident would not happen.

  3. #43

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    hmm. seems like you got a really really lousy copy man.

    i got a much much better one at a fraction of your price

    and it can be mounted somemore!


  4. #44

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    lol. . . i like the reasons you threw them away.

  5. #45

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    1. I am the MO initiator.

    2. I am not doing it for profit. The price I have is what was purchased by my friend + shipping + exchange rate. My “profit” from the start is like a few cents per mug which is going to equate to my taxi fare to cart the rest over for a mass collection.

    3. What you got is as I have disclosed in full transparency since the start of the MO, even posting PICTURES(that my friend sent me) via email as to what it looks like. If you did not like the mug you could have well said so I would have canceled your order BEFORE it was shipped.

    As other bros have rightly pointed out. The vancouver mugs are as such - http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ug-Review.aspx
    He has the original he got from Josh Weisberg from Vancouver, as well as the remainder from Ebay. No difference.

    As to those who do not have the full picture of the situation I urge restraint in adding unnecessary comments to this because it is only going to cause more confusion and discord no?



    Now please decide - I have the remaining 50+ mugs at home? Someone or maybe a moderator tell me if I should “graciously” bear the remaining cost of $3k if all other “committed” buyers pull out. In truth I am extremely disappointed that a FAVOUR i thought i was doing to the CS community ends up like this. Rest assure I will NEVER again do a mass order of any sort. This I sincerely promise.

    Thats the reality of the situation - if you want to continue to flame me for whatever perceived fault I have be my guess. I have nothing else to say in my defence. Sheesh.

  6. #46

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Shane

    I am disappointed with the quality not you. I understand you are doing us a favor by placing the orders with your friend and not making a healthy margin on this. Even if you do i m fine with that. Paying for a service is totally fine with me.

    Never once in this thread i flamed you. I received several PMs asking who the MO initiator is and i ignored those PMs cause i dont see the need to.

    The pictures you (or your friend) provided were obviously the pick of the crop or details like misalignment etc etc not shown

    I did not have a chance to pick out the mugs before it was sent to me so how do i actually know its this kinda quality i gonna receive ? I trust that due diligence was done, perhaps not at your end since you also do not have the luxury of checking the items but at your friend's end at least.

    When you requested to have the balance of the monies (S$88) transferred to your account before collection even tho the mugs were already with you. I promply did so after receiving your email, no questions asked - I preferred COD (at least i can check and reject after looking at the items - at most lose my deposit of S$20 ) but i still went on with the transfer in good faith.

    Should the flaws be pointed out in advance then its up to the buyers if they still wanna continue with the order but i didnt have the chance to dude.

    Anyway, like i mentioned in earlier posts .. losing the S$108 is not a big deal ( money lost can earn back ) but i just wan to raise the awareness amongst the rest.

    Should this product be the original or a replica, i couldnt care less ... its the quality i am after. In all honesty, do you think paying S$58 for mugs with such quality justifiable?

    Perhaps u can take this up with your friend ?

    I joined this forum to widen my circle of friends in this hobby not make enemies or have bad blood .. its afterall a hobby to me, not a profession ... losing S$108 and gaining a friend is better then getting S$108 and gaining a enemy


    Last edited by flightspeed; 13th June 2010 at 10:21 PM.

  7. #47

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by flightspeed View Post
    Shane

    I am disappointed with the quality not you. I understand you are doing us a favor by placing the orders with your friend and not making a healthy margin on this. Even if you do i m fine with that. Paying for a service is totally fine with me.

    Never once in this thread i flamed you. I received several PMs asking who the MO initiator is and i ignored those PMs cause i dont see the need to.

    The pictures you (or your friend) provided were obviously the pick of the crop or details like misalignment etc etc not shown

    I did not have a chance to pick out the mugs before it was sent to me so how do i actually know its this kinda quality i gonna receive ? I trust that due diligence was done, perhaps not at your end since you also do not have the luxury of checking the items but at your friend's end at least.

    When you requested to have the balance of the monies (S$88) transferred to your account before collection even tho the mugs were already with you. I promply did so after receiving your email, no questions asked - I preferred COD (at least i can check and reject after looking at the items - at most lose my deposit of S$20 ) but i still went on with the transfer in good faith.

    Should the flaws be pointed out in advance then its up to the buyers if they still wanna continue with the order but i didnt have the chance to dude.

    Anyway, like i mentioned in earlier posts .. losing the S$108 is not a big deal ( money lost can earn back ) but i just wan to raise the awareness amongst the rest.

    Should this product be the original or a replica, i couldnt care less ... its the quality i am after. In all honesty, do you think paying S$58 for mugs with such quality justifiable?

    Perhaps u can take this up with your friend ?

    I joined this forum to widen my circle of friends in this hobby not make enemies or have bad blood .. its afterall a hobby to me, not a profession ... losing S$108 and gaining a friend is better then getting S$108 and gaining a enemy


    Thats fine, I understand your explanation. I have been liaising with my friend too - He’s shocked too. We’ve gone over and over, this is pretty much what is given out for FREE at Canon Canada with their $200+ offer. Just that the supplier *under the table* sell it - And this checks out. Just look at the photos on the net and the videos. Its the same mug. I’ve fulfilled my end of the bargain - the same mugs.

    The higher cost is cause its shipped from the US. If anyone has shipped from the US you’ll understand.


    My point still stands - After your rather emotional rant on the mugs (understandable, if I was a dissatisfied about something I would be upset too), what exactly do you expect to achieve? People who have committed to the order start pulling out? Pulling out not because they’ve seen the mug themselves or not even if they think its fake (which it’s not) but because you have rather persuasively degraded it.

    Quality aside - I delivered what I promised, and I get flamed for it.

    I’m not angry with you not, nor do I for once consider you an enemy. I’m just asking you to consider the implications of your post. Without making things clear, you have potentially ensured a complete decimation of my savings.

    V
    V
    V

    Excuse the emotional rant. Sorry, I think I’m entitled to be upset.
    Last edited by ShaneKua; 13th June 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  8. #48

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    May be a mod can close this Thread. No sense in leaving more replies to fester more misgivings.

  9. #49

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Shane

    I did so with no unhealthy intentions. I am not a competitor for these mugs nor am i selling these items on the side and look to turn your sales southwards

    My only intention was to rant about the quality and to raise awareness. How much i verbally degraded it was in my own views (off course la, seeing these items like that, as a consumer yourself i m sure u'll be disappointed) I posted pictures as they are seen. The rest are up to the viewers discretion and how they wanna percieve it.

    What do you want me to make clear ? I will definately facilitate

    Perhaps you wanna post better pictures of the items so that the rest of the MO guys will have a better picture ?

    Or perhaps i m the "suay" one and got the defected items ?

    I am glad you made the exchange after hearing my plight on that day itself and perhaps i should be more persistant in exchanging until i got the perfect ones ?

    Like i mentioned earlier

    let me know what u wanted me to clarify, i'd gladly do that ...

  10. #50

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Those who ordered should continue to get their mugs and accept whatever faults they have. I got mine today and am also not happy with what I saw. Because of the quality, I will not risk myself using it though. They did look good in pictures but not when you see them personally.

  11. #51
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    In short, Shane has to bear heavy loss as there might be people pulling out after an order is made. Maybe to the buyer, it is just $87 with a loss of $20 if he pulls out. But if just 5 buyers insist on pulling out after the stock is here, the loss can stack to $435 (it is about the cost of a new lens already). Please bear in mind that the shane is not intending to make profit out of this.
    Perharps what will you do if Shane post this on clubsnap after he gotten his item and you as a non-profit seller got 10 guys pulling out of the order list when their stuffs are here and they are unwilling to pay up no matter what?

  12. #52

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Thanks for the willingness to clarify, flightspeed. I truly appreciate it. If there was a way to change a get ‘better quality’ mugs I would be first to suggest, but there is none. My friend has been calling the distributor but it’s really just this is the mug they are giving out officially.

    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ug-Review.aspx
    http://www.petapixel.com/2010/03/06/...sed-in-canada/



    I understand that perhaps the quality did not match your expectations, but it doesn’t change the fact I did everything without out compromise on my part.

    All I ask is that the people who have already committed to honour their agreement. It’s my $ on the line - I’m not a salesman like MemoriesLink who has vast capital and the means to bring in amazing products, i’m just the average CSer who offered to help - a tough job by itself even before this situation turned ugly.

    It’s also sad that some of the rest on the thread have been rather quick to point fingers without clarifying the situation. I’m speechless that not always did coolheads did not prevail and the whole finger pointing thing started. I want to thank some people here who did attempt to check out the facts online before passing judgement - thank you. Your levelheadedness gives me hope.
    Last edited by ShaneKua; 13th June 2010 at 11:08 PM.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  13. #53
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    I think I saw you (flightspeed) getting off the lift as I am getting on it on the day the email came and I went to collect it @ 8 (small world ). Went to Mac happily to check out on the flask and mug and wasn't really happy with the outer apperance initially. But after a while, I think that it is still acceptable and I got a limited edition flask that after this chance, most likely, people might not be able to get it ever again. Also, I hold in mind the seller having busy with exam have to attend to us which makes me feels grateful enough for getting it.
    Last edited by wootsk; 13th June 2010 at 11:13 PM.

  14. #54

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    All I ask is that the people who have already committed to honour their agreement. Itís my $ on the line - Iím not a salesman like MemoriesLink who has vast capital and the means to bring in amazing products, iím just the average CSer who offered to help - a tough job by itself even before this situation turned ugly.
    Lets give Shane benefit of Adult n honour the sales. Afterall he is doing a favour by securing the order. Lets move on...

  15. #55

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    My copy was not as bad as what TS had shown.. No crooked printings or rubber grips.. So am glad for TS's effort in coordination and sharing this opportunity.
    Canon 7D | 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX HSM | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

  16. #56

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    I think I saw you (flightspeed) getting off the lift as I am getting on it on the day the email came and I went to collect it @ 8 (small world ). Went to Mac happily to check out on the flask and mug and wasn't really happy with the outer apperance initially. But after a while, I think that it is still acceptable and I got a limited edition flask that after this chance, most likely, people might not be able to get it ever again. Also, I hold in mind the seller having busy with exam have to attend to us which makes me feels grateful enough for getting it.
    yip - nice meeting you

    thanks for pointing out Shane's unit

    In all honesty, i am truly disappointed with the quality but again to those who have made Shane go through the hassle of this MO .. pls keep to your words

    Lousy or not, u did place your orders .. man it up and collect your items ... not happy with quality can throw away , happy with it can display or do whatever u please

    he collected $20 deposit for a S$58 dollar item is already a huge risk .. u guys / gals twa him like dat not so nice la ..

    u want to rant ? pls pay first but TWA-ING without paying is another ... so pls ... he's a nice chap like i said in the beginning and till now i still stand by it
    Last edited by flightspeed; 13th June 2010 at 11:44 PM.

  17. #57

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Thank you flightspeed. I truly appreciate that.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  18. #58

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    let's not put shane in a difficult position.. seriously it will not be exactly the same as the lens..

  19. #59

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post

    All I ask is that the people who have already committed to honour their agreement. Itís my $ on the line - Iím not a salesman like MemoriesLink who has vast capital and the means to bring in amazing products, iím just the average CSer who offered to help - a tough job by itself even before this situation turned ugly.
    Bro frankly speaking i brought in much lesser stocks than you. And definitely i don't have vast capital
    I have gone through similar case like you. An order turn out not up to expectation, and i understand your plight but different from you, as i brought in products with the idea of selling them therefore i have to be careful with the quality of product i'm selling. So if there's any order which turn up bad i have to commit to them and consider them as loss rather than sell them.

    In your case you're doing it out of goodwill thus i hope those who committed to the order please honour it.

    I hope the spirit of MO out of goodwill will continue to benefit fellow photographer and friends here.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

    Personally, I felt that the quality of the mugs which Shane brought in for us was as indicated on many webpages and the photos he sent us was similar to the actual product which I recieved today.


    I did not opt to purchase the 24~105 cup as from the photos, the build quality was somewhat lower than the 70~200 thermos since there were some visible seams.


    I believe that regardless of being satisfied of the quality of the mug or not, Shane definitely deserves thanks for going through all the trouble of bringing in the mugs for us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •