Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: canon lens mug = crappy

Default Re: canon lens mug = crappy

maybe those with e lousy copy can verify with canon. if its fake then let canon take action against the distributor.

At least it's printed "Made In Japan".....

Quote Originally Posted by flightspeed View Post
    more !!!!

I m guessing the "factory" is chinese and i was glad they spelled Canon correctly - below after this review i got so disappointed seeing these crap again i have to throw them away to not further remind me of how i threw away a perfect S$108
    Last edited by Limsgp; 12th June 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks bro Flightspeed for bringing this up. I was sure that I wanted to purchase both the mugs days ago and I contacted the seller however the seller keep pressing for early full payment despite the fact that I only want to collect them 2 weeks later coz I am currently not in Spore.
    That piss me of abit and I did not buy it eventually, now I feel so relief. Now I gonna top up some $$$ and get myself a Nikon 50mm f1.8 instead. Feel sori for bro Flightspeed.

sorry guys , who the mass seller u talking ?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    maybe those with e lousy copy can verify with canon. if its fake then let canon take action against the distributor.
    Ain't all of these cups and travel mugs counterfeits or imitations since IIRC it was clearly mentioned in some MO threads by the advertisers that the official Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM was only distributed during the XXI Olympic Winter Games at Vancouver.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 12th June 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by xployd View Post
    are they sharp kopis? (ok sorry, i'll get out of this thread right now)
    hahaha... good one!
    When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

Did my first MO here and i must say i m utterly disappointed for a total price of S$108. The quality is the worst then what u'll expect from a tumbler bought at a local toy store found in the HDB estates for S$4.50

10th June - was informed that " the day has finally arrived " excited, I went to collect my mug. Battled my fear of heights and went up all 25 floors of the HDB apt to collect the mug ... in my head the words " the day has finally arrived" kept repeating itself

Was greeted by the organizer ( a nice chap ) and he promptly handed the mugs over to my wolfing hands. It was abt 8pm

Took another frightful trip down 25 floors - in the lift BTH opened the box and took a look at the items ..

70 - 200 mm -

First look - wah color is like greyish/dirty white .... yucks ... stickers misaligned ...oh well

24 - 105 mm

Wah piang !! worst .. printing has faded ... "ding 1st storey"

was contemplating if i should call organizer to inform about the defects ? made the call anyways .. he was ok with an exchange .. sigh another 25 floors up, bo pian .. went up and did the exchange. Seems like all the mugs are the same

Morning next day, during bright lights i took another look at the mugs thinking the night nights might cause an optical illusion and made the lens look bad

WAH ... worst !!

70 - 200 mm

Package - dont expect the covers etc etc all that hoo haa -

inside - slanted stickers and rubber grip

was told this is the original mug from the Olympic games or whatever due to the imprints below - "SERIES 1 Collectible"

24 - 105 mm - This one takes the crap

Package

not even a mug cover !!! just the box and the plastic cup - must have saved on ink as well .. printing also half f*&k

Which organizer or seller you got it from?
    Last edited by megardstorm; 12th June 2010 at 11:27 PM.

I gotten my mug, 70-200, and also quite disappointed with the built quality. My old Nike mug is much presentable and better and CHEAPER. I dunno how long my 70-200 mug cover can last if everyday I take out and put back. The rubber lining dun look like it can last, IMO.
    Probably that's the price u pay for if u are a canon freak. And no no, I am not gonna throw away my mug, have to use it for as long as it can last to make my $60 worth. : )
    Canon 500D | 18-200 | 28 f1.8 | Di866 | 270ex

Thanks for sharing. I was planning to buy the other mugs, luckily I was so busy to place the order.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Ain't all of these cups and travel mugs counterfeits or imitations since IIRC it was clearly mentioned in some MO threads by the advertisers that the official Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM was only distributed during the XXI Olympic Winter Games at Vancouver.
    if so i am wondering why are they allowed to be sold here at clubsnap? are we allowed to sell pirated stuff here? coz the registered trademark "canon" has been used.

all victims of this MO should report to canon so that they can take action against the seller or distributor.

Blog Entries

Oops.... sorry..... I posted this in the Nikon section a few days ago on THEIR MO discussion thread for the Nikon version ... Nikon Lens Mug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Personal Advise and you have been warned : DO NOT BUY to use as a drinking container

i bought a 70-200 replica mug from Shenzhen recently about 5 weeks back.... cost me about 100rmb (S$20)

lets just say that little areas and tiny bits of paint and colors are chipping/fading off slowly .........

just tossed it out into the rubbish bin...... wife was worried that I could have swallowed something toxic (paint chemicals) absorbed into the coffee ..... the rim of the mug was starting to show off-color

p/s I would buy another one ..... but use it strictly as a throw-around toy or display novelty ....... I like to see the look of horror on my friends' faces when I 'accidentally' trip one over a table top or hurl it against the wall !!!

There might and most likely will be MUCH better quality and safer lens mugs on the market ...... am quite sure that more than a few factories in China are churning these mugs with various levels of quality .......so above is STRICTLY my personal experience with the one mug I bought
    Last edited by ed9119; 12th June 2010 at 11:32 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Hi Guys,

I'm a advertiser at Mass Order thread selling these Canon Mugs too.

I have to clarify some issues mention here. Firstly i'm not the seller who sold the mugs to thread starter. Secondly, i would like to caution to all keen buyer to be careful of who you getting the mugs from.

There're many supplier on the market/ebay and CS/HWZ etc all selling the same stuffs.
    However as many of you have said, the quality varies. It all goes to which supplier they get the stocks from.

Some of seller just want to earn some quick bucks and brought in rejected stocks.

Frankly speaking, i have some delays with my 70-200mm version as i rejected the first batch due to some QC issues which is unacceptable to myself not to mention my customer.

I could have just bring them in and just sold as it is, but as a responsible advertiser i did not.
    Instead i requested the manufacturer to resend me another batch. this is the reason why till now my stocks for the 70-200mm has not arrived. Although its late compare to others but i rather wait than to sell stocks which are below expectation.

To moderator: I'm not trying to advertise here, just want to make things clear as i was not the seller Thread Starter was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by MemoriesLink View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm a advertiser at Mass Order thread selling these Canon Mugs too.

I have to clarify some issues mention here. Firstly i'm not the seller who sold the mugs to thread starter. Secondly, i would like to caution to all keen buyer to be careful of who you getting the mugs from.

There're many supplier on the market/ebay and CS/HWZ etc all selling the same stuffs.
    However as many of you have said, the quality varies. It all goes to which supplier they get the stocks from.

Some of seller just want to earn some quick bucks and brought in rejected stocks.

Frankly speaking, i have some delays with my 70-200mm version as i rejected the first batch due to some QC issues which is unacceptable to myself not to mention my customer.

I could have just bring them in and just sold as it is, but as a responsible advertiser i did not.
    Instead i requested the manufacturer to resend me another batch. this is the reason why till now my stocks for the 70-200mm has not arrived. Although its late compare to others but i rather wait than to sell stocks which are below expectation.

To moderator: I'm not trying to advertise here, just want to make things clear as i was not the seller Thread Starter was referring to.

Are the ones you selling official Canon merchandise? Im thinking of getting the 70-200mm.

Hi All

My apologies if i caused too much hoo haa here .. i just wanted raise public awareness should you decide to buy these "Canon" lens mug

Firstly - These aint cheap at S$58 or there abouts per mug. I could bloody well get Zojirushis for this amount but then again these are " collectibles "

Well the minimum i'd expect is to have some QC but unfortunately these items just aint QC the way i expected them to be.

Why i threw away ?

1. They are too ugly to display
    2. Looking at the quality, i doubt its safety - would u dare risk your life drinking HOT coffee from this piece of crap ? Worth your life ?
    3. Looking at it makes me feel dumb spending S$108 for these

I did not order from MemoriesLink tho i must admit his looks better packaged then mine.

I guess my MO organizer should have rejected his items too but failed to do so, i dont know why

I think naming the MO organizer is of no use here - not to me anyway and i personally do not blame him . I take what he said to be the truth (he's also a victim)

What i m emphasizing on is the quality. Just incase you are like me, decide to buy on impulse coz it looks "chio" and its a "collectible"

Make sure u HANDPICK and QC with your own eyes before you decide

S$108 is small amount ... however S$108 is huge when it comes to plastic mugs - make sure u spend it wisely

For me, i moved on ... tonight the KTV girls will have S$108 lesser to earn from me
    Last edited by flightspeed; 13th June 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MemoriesLink View Post

my comments were not aimed at you or other advertisers, just my own experience when I bought one for personal use, direct in China

A couple of factories in China produces 'A' Grade lens mugs too.... I bought the el cheapo version
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by betta01 View Post
    Thanks bro Flightspeed for bringing this up. I was sure that I wanted to purchase both the mugs days ago and I contacted the seller however the seller keep pressing for early full payment despite the fact that I only want to collect them 2 weeks later coz I am currently not in Spore.
    That piss me of abit and I did not buy it eventually, now I feel so relief. Now I gonna top up some $$$ and get myself a Nikon 50mm f1.8 instead. Feel sori for bro Flightspeed.
    Go for the 50mm 1.8

it'll make u happy for months to come ...

this one will make u join my club -

S$ 108 poorer club

Hi All

My apologies if i caused too much hoo haa here .. i just wanted raise public awareness should you decide to buy these "Canon" lens mug

Firstly - These aint cheap at S$58 or there abouts per mug. I could bloody well get Zojirushis for this amount but then again these are " collectibles "

Well the minimum i'd expect is to have some QC but unfortunately these items just aint QC the way i expected them to be.

Why i threw away ?

2. Looking at the quality, i doubt its safety - would u dare risk your life drinking HOT coffee from this piece of crap ? Worth your life ?

I did not order from MemoriesLink tho i must admit his looks better packaged then mine.

I guess my MO organizer should have rejected his items too but failed to do so, i dont know why

I think naming the MO organizer is of no use here - not to me anyway and i personally do not blame him . I take what he said to be the truth (he's also a victim)

What i m emphasizing on is the quality. Just incase you are like me, decide to buy on impulse coz it looks "chio" and its a "collectible"

S$108 is small amount ... however S$108 is huge when it comes to plastic mugs - make sure u spend it wisely

For me, i moved on ... tonight the KTV girls will have S$108 lesser to earn from me
    oooh no. u shld have given e mug to.e girls instead as a memory of u.

i bought 70-200 same from TS, for a start, the 24-105 from pic already look terrible, so i didnt order, but the 70-200 wasnt too bad, so when it reached my hand, i am actually quite happy about it, i believed it is still safe to drink from it as it has a thermo staff, unlike the 24-105, that really not worth the $.

pls dont feel too bad, you know is not a real one.
    Canon/24-105mm f4L IS/70-200 f2.8L IS/100 f2.8 Macro L IS/430ExII

Hi All

Why i threw away ?

I think its good that you share your experience here to caution those interested buyer.
    Thanks for sharing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast