Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

  1. #21
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    tks for your reply...

    haiz... now i got no mood to read those TnC...

    very stress whenever i come across such things... this reminds me of manhattan credit card... their tc so easy to read haha...
    bo bian haha. unless can set up one here that suits our needs. but wanna set up also needa pay. then how many willing to pay?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    bo bian haha. unless can set up one here that suits our needs. but wanna set up also needa pay. then how many willing to pay?
    won't be willing to pay, cos i am not a pro.... not getting even 1 cent from my pics...

    i think flickr and devianart are best ....

  3. #23
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    won't be willing to pay, cos i am not a pro.... not getting even 1 cent from my pics...

    i think flickr and devianart are best ....
    for hobbiest also can lar. maybe like ur best works where u really wanna showcase, yet u dun want ppl to just rip off that kind of stuff?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i still say that stealing other photographer's images is BAD and should not be allowed

    Fair Dealing should not cover this
    shall we have a petition?

    anyone good at writing petitions?
    Tell me where to sign!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #25

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    for hobbiest also can lar. maybe like ur best works where u really wanna showcase, yet u dun want ppl to just rip off that kind of stuff?
    some sites use flash etc... disabling right click... it can stop those who don't know much abt computers...

    as long as u can see the pic, u can copy it... so the best way is to watermark it, and do it BIG.... haha...

    some pro like adam burton don't watermark, but the pic he publish is too small to be admired ... so this is another way...

    both way hinders the viewer from fully appreciating your work....


  6. #26

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    thanks ortega,
    this sure is a good thread for every photographers.
    i'm using flickr, and closed down multiply, cause of their T&C, and i post SOME on Facebook page, just to reach out to facebook friends

    flickr still seems one of the better host with good T&Cs

    This should be Stickied!!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Hi all,

    I am offended because another guy on the forums used my image in his buy & sell thread here >> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713288

    He posted my images on his thread without asking for my permission nor at least crediting me. Yes, I sold that same lens to him last month but nonetheless I believe I own the rights to my own photos right?

    Is there any legal action I can take? unfortunately, my images were hosted on photobucket...

    Thanks.
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  8. #28
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    Hi all,

    I am offended because another guy on the forums used my image in his buy & sell thread here >> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713288

    He posted my images on his thread without asking for my permission nor at least crediting me. Yes, I sold that same lens to him last month but nonetheless I believe I own the rights to my own photos right?

    Is there any legal action I can take? unfortunately, my images were hosted on photobucket...

    Thanks.
    nope u have none.

    from tnc at photobucket

    By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content)

  9. #29
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    if he is hotlinking the pictures from your photobucket account then just break his link
    i will issue him an infraction and delete his thread for piracy

    btw did you ask him to not use your photos?
    Last edited by ortega; 17th June 2010 at 05:21 PM.

  10. #30
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if he is hotlinking the pictures from your photobucket account then just break his link
    i will issue him an infraction and delete his thread for piracy
    The T&C of photobucket allow the hotlinking, obviously. The T&C of CS do not forbid the hotlinking and embedding of images from other sites / people (hope I haven't missed this point, just checked). I know it is considered impolite but that is not enough for disciplinary actions, imho.
    EOS

  11. #31
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    see this

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=5

    as photographers ourselves, if we do not care if we use other peoples photos, then what about the non photographers.

    Honor and integrity is what the world is losing
    Last edited by ortega; 17th June 2010 at 06:17 PM.

  12. #32
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Thanks for highlighting, somehow I missed it.
    EOS

  13. #33

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    nope u have none.

    from tnc at photobucket

    By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content)
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if he is hotlinking the pictures from your photobucket account then just break his link
    i will issue him an infraction and delete his thread for piracy

    btw did you ask him to not use your photos?
    Thanks. I have deleted the photos from my photobucket album. I wanted to sms him but paused as I saw this thread to seek advice first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The T&C of photobucket allow the hotlinking, obviously. The T&C of CS do not forbid the hotlinking and embedding of images from other sites / people (hope I haven't missed this point, just checked). I know it is considered impolite but that is not enough for disciplinary actions, imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    see this

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=5

    as photographers ourselves, if we do not care if we use other peoples photos, then what about the non photographers.

    Honor and integrity is what the world is losing
    IMO, whoever wants to use my images should at least ask for my permission or the least credit me. Anything less is not tolerable.. Thanks ortega, appreciate your understanding and help here.
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  14. #34
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    Thanks. I have deleted the photos from my photobucket album. I wanted to sms him but paused as I saw this thread to seek advice first.





    IMO, whoever wants to use my images should at least ask for my permission or the least credit me. Anything less is not tolerable.. Thanks ortega, appreciate your understanding and help here.
    i dnno. somehow i still felt if u had dropped a message to that guy he would had immediately removed without any hesitation somehow an infraction seems quite the penalty.

    nonetheless, a good lesson for all of us i guess copyrights dun play play

  15. #35
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Hey Mr Ortega,

    with regards to the petition, just tell me where to sign!

  16. #36

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    We must watch out for each others, professionals, semi pros and amateurs, and internationally.

    If we don't care for our art, who will?

    I had people emailing me when they saw my product pictures misused on some foreign online trading auctions.

    Likewise I make it a point to alert fellow photographers and image artists whenever I spotted such things.

    Today I just alerted a well known international PJ when I saw a local blogshop misusing his photo, and I feel good doing the right thing.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    We must watch out for each others, professionals, semi pros and amateurs, and internationally.

    If we don't care for our art, who will?

    I had people emailing me when they saw my product pictures misused on some foreign online trading auctions.

    Likewise I make it a point to alert fellow photographers and image artists whenever I spotted such things.

    Today I just alerted a well known international PJ when I saw a local blogshop misusing his photo, and I feel good doing the right thing.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hey Mr Ortega,

    with regards to the petition, just tell me where to sign!
    yeah one more supporter.... tks alot...


  19. #39

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    We must watch out for each others, professionals, semi pros and amateurs, and internationally.

    If we don't care for our art, who will?

    I had people emailing me when they saw my product pictures misused on some foreign online trading auctions.

    Likewise I make it a point to alert fellow photographers and image artists whenever I spotted such things.

    Today I just alerted a well known international PJ when I saw a local blogshop misusing his photo, and I feel good doing the right thing.
    u r absolutely right! we, who r interested in photography, should help one another...

  20. #40
    Member Senifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ah yes. to be honest. being here so long in cs, i never used that gallery

    would highlight u all could offer a paid service.

    current limit is

    image 400kb file size limit.
    Disk space allowed on your account: 20,000kb (20,480,000 bytes)

    perhaps paid service could have

    image: 5mb file size limit
    disk space allowed 1gb

    or something like that. see if admin side wanna invest or not. i wont mind paying for th
    service if i can use it to store impt photographs safely
    sounds Like a good idea. I'm not a professional photographer but I do feel the same way as you guys do. Protecting our photographs are important and infringement is happening everyday! Another one who don't mind paying a small fee to host our photos here safely!
    Nikon D90 | N18-105mm | T90mm | SB-600
    My Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •