Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

  1. #1
    Member speedfactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Malaysia, mostly at Singapore
    Posts
    352

    Exclamation Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    My company need to buy a camera which can shoot very small item, so Marco is a must. And also need to be able to adjust the focal length. Need to be durable, must have shock proof, hopefully can get water proof also.

    The most important things that is a MUST have is picture taken from that camera had to be very clear, and Marco is also a must, and hopefully can get focal length adjustable.

    If possible, please include the price, make, and model of the camera.

    Your help is greatly appreciated by me and my company. Thank you so much.

    (Please note that our buget is below S$800, and it's for office use. Therefore it must be user friendly.)
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

  2. #2

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    You're probably looking at a Point & Shoot camera for that price limit.

    I'm not sure what other manufacturers have come up with recently, but the Stylus Tough series by Olympus comes to mind immediately.

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1483

    Check and see if there are any attractive package offers at consumer and IT fairs.

    All the best in your search.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    How about the Pentax W90? It's about $700, I think.

    Brief review

    Video reviewandPics + video samples
    Last edited by Baracus; 10th June 2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    S200exr fujifilm

  5. #5

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    My company need to buy a camera which can shoot very small item, so Marco is a must. And also need to be able to adjust the focal length. Need to be durable, must have shock proof, hopefully can get water proof also.

    The most important things that is a MUST have is picture taken from that camera had to be very clear, and Marco is also a must, and hopefully can get focal length adjustable.

    If possible, please include the price, make, and model of the camera.

    Your help is greatly appreciated by me and my company. Thank you so much.

    (Please note that our buget is below S$800, and it's for office use. Therefore it must be user friendly.)
    Have you done any research on your own in terms of compact cameras that meet your specifications? Hint: They all support Macro shots (note the spelling, it has nothing to do with Marco Polo) but all you need to do is 10 minutes of your own research, narrow it down to a select few, then get their prices.

    Please do some research on your own instead of expecting everyone to do it for you.
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Member speedfactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Malaysia, mostly at Singapore
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    thanks guys. really like all of you comment, but now headaced cos don know which to chose liao haha
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

  7. #7
    Member speedfactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Malaysia, mostly at Singapore
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Have you done any research on your own in terms of compact cameras that meet your specifications? Hint: They all support Macro shots (note the spelling, it has nothing to do with Marco Polo) but all you need to do is 10 minutes of your own research, narrow it down to a select few, then get their prices.

    Please do some research on your own instead of expecting everyone to do it for you.
    ok will do that now i'm try to make all the spec into one for my boss to review and see what he want.
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

  8. #8

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    ok will do that now i'm try to make all the spec into one for my boss to review and see what he want.
    Yup. If you look on DPreview, you can see all the recent compact cameras by brand. There are not that many rugged ones (Olympus has some, Sony has the TX5, etc), so the shortlisting is easy.
    Alpha

  9. #9
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    thanks guys. really like all of you comment, but now headaced cos don know which to chose liao haha
    If you are a more camera guy than your boss, then you should choose for him, isn't it? And since you know about photography, it would comparably simpler for you to choose and eliminate...don't really need to ask ppl here I guess....

    I support Fuji, get the S200exr fujifilm, but end of the day, you are still competent enough to know what is suitable for your company...you are photographer yourself, aren't you?
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Most of the PnS with the 'flower' sign for macro should be able to do the job.
    If your boss is a layman, he will just choose based on budget or brand that he knows.

  11. #11
    Member Radiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Fujifilm HS10
    30x optical zoom (24-720mm equivalent)
    sure Wow your boss.
    Under $800
    Canon User

  12. #12
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    Fujifilm HS10
    30x optical zoom (24-720mm equivalent)
    sure Wow your boss.
    Under $800

    Hey I saw it for $799.95 incl GST. It also come with 3 years warranty. I wanted to buy but didn't have enough cash. So how???
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  13. #13
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    thanks guys. really like all of you comment, but now headaced cos don know which to chose liao haha
    jeezzzz..... what have u been doing here in CS over the last 190+ posts ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  14. #14
    Member Radiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Errmmmm......it's really 24-720mm optical zoom leh.
    Parissilk selling $699
    Got Full HD movie @ 30fps some more.
    ISO till 6400
    Macro focus distance 1cm

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ifilm_hs10.asp
    Last edited by Radiant; 10th June 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Canon User

  15. #15
    Member speedfactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Malaysia, mostly at Singapore
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    If you are a more camera guy than your boss, then you should choose for him, isn't it? And since you know about photography, it would comparably simpler for you to choose and eliminate...don't really need to ask ppl here I guess....

    I support Fuji, get the S200exr fujifilm, but end of the day, you are still competent enough to know what is suitable for your company...you are photographer yourself, aren't you?
    one thing to let you know, it's my boss who taught me photography...... anyway thanks for your reply.
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

  16. #16
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Urgent Help: Buying Camera under S$800

    Quote Originally Posted by speedfactory View Post
    one thing to let you know, it's my boss who taught me photography...... anyway thanks for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    jeezzzz..... what have u been doing here in CS over the last 190+ posts ?
    Hope you make your decision soon..
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •