Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Drip..... Splash!

  1. #1

    Default Drip..... Splash!

    After a few attempts at trying out different methods, (and after purchasing an off shoe flash trigger), I finally have some water droplet shots that I'm satisfied with!
    Happy viewing!!

    #1


    #2


    #3


    #4


    #5

  2. #2

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    #6


    #7


    #8


    #9


    #10

  3. #3
    Member ChengB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    When i came in, my jaw just dropped.
    Stunning.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    OMG! This is awesome!!

    Like #10 the most.. Seems so surreal!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Nice series!
    Take the shot!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    fantastic!!
    a580|T17502.8|T10243.5-4.5|S501.8|HVL58AM

  7. #7
    Member blurdez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Marvelous shots...
    I agree with Profezeur #10 is the best

  8. #8

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    whoa! amazing!
    can sell as stock images ardy. superb.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChengB View Post
    When i came in, my jaw just dropped.
    Stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Profezeur View Post
    OMG! This is awesome!!

    Like #10 the most.. Seems so surreal!!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Nice series!
    Quote Originally Posted by starlens View Post
    fantastic!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurdez View Post
    Marvelous shots...
    I agree with Profezeur #10 is the best
    Thanks for the compliments! Glad that you guys like them

    In fact, #1-#9 was from my latest attempt. And #10 was from my very first attempt, when I still have not gotten my off shoe.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    nice !

  11. #11

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Hmmm, it has been 3 years since I last did this. I suddenly felt inspired to try again, but with an increased level of difficulty. After a few trials and errors, I finally figured out the set up that I wanted and got a few successful shots out of hundreds of shots. In my next attempt (probably next month), I would be adding some colours to it.

    #11


    #12


    #13


    #14

  12. #12

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    #14 is really cool, unique splash. It looks like a disk of energy

  13. #13

    Default

    Very nice droplets,especially the latest series.
    How did u make the water droplets looks like "spider web"? Very cool indeed

  14. #14

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    Very nice droplets,especially the latest series.
    How did u make the water droplets looks like "spider web"? Very cool indeed
    Thanks! It happens when the first droplet bounces back up and collides with the second droplet that is coming down.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Quote Originally Posted by hakhak View Post
    Thanks! It happens when the first droplet bounces back up and collides with the second droplet that is coming down.
    OMG,this seems like a rare chance.
    How many FPS did u fire off?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post

    OMG,this seems like a rare chance.
    How many FPS did u fire off?
    I tried many times, and kept changing my set ups. For this final set up which produced these photos, I think I took around 500 shots in total? It is one shot fired per squeeze of drips (usually 2-3 drips in a row) from the dropper. Success rate was really really low, but it's really satisfying to see a successful shot.
    Last edited by hakhak; 20th May 2013 at 12:07 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Quote Originally Posted by hakhak View Post
    I tried many times, and kept changing my set ups. For this final set up which produced these photos, I think I took around 500 shots in total? It is one shot fired per squeeze of drips (usually 2-3 drips in a row) from the dropper. Success rate was really really low, but it's really satisfying to see a successful shot.

    congrats for such satisfying shot.
    #11 & 13 is fantastic shot with great timing of the water rather still that can see the underneath of the droplets from the water reflection clearly.
    keep it up
    Last edited by Turbonetics; 20th May 2013 at 09:26 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Drip..... Splash!

    Saw the exif, mostly taken with 1/200 f16. Always though such shots need fast shutter to freeze the motion. I tried before but not too successful. Nice shots!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Saw the exif, mostly taken with 1/200 f16. Always though such shots need fast shutter to freeze the motion. I tried before but not too successful. Nice shots!
    1/200 is definitely not fast enough to freeze the droplets. U need the power of flash to do so.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Saw the exif, mostly taken with 1/200 f16. Always though such shots need fast shutter to freeze the motion. I tried before but not too successful. Nice shots!
    cos 1/200 is probably his cameras max sync speed. its not a choice, try it again with off cam flash it'll freeze the movement

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •