Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Far Far Away Kingdom

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Far Far Away Kingdom

    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    all aspect in technical stuff eg: composition, light, colour
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I want emphasize beautiful light in Universal Studio at night
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    taken the photo using long shutter on available crate, didn't bring the tripod.
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think quite nice composition but feel not enough space for the sky

    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

  2. #2
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    Not sure if a 1/3 rule for your subject (presumably beautiful light applies predominantly to the castle area?) would work better. Else a more zoomed in picture could be better for a centred picture. Somehow my feel that putting your subject smack in the middle of a wide angled shot does not work as well.

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    reflection is nice but is not the main subject,
    tho the headroom is too tight, but if you crop away one third of the bottom, and 3cm from the right side, the image will be more acceptable.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,677

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    I'm quite uncomfortable with that fact that its an architectural photograph that does not capture the details of the buildings. Instead, its just a collection of bunches of lights(some over exposed ones) and really, they are far from being attractive.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Not sure if a 1/3 rule for your subject (presumably beautiful light applies predominantly to the castle area?) would work better. Else a more zoomed in picture could be better for a centred picture. Somehow my feel that putting your subject smack in the middle of a wide angled shot does not work as well.
    Thx for the comment wildcat, since my lens on 17-40 so 40 is the maximum range that I can get, maybe i just crop it
    Last edited by kurniled; 10th June 2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    reflection is nice but is not the main subject,
    tho the headroom is too tight, but if you crop away one third of the bottom, and 3cm from the right side, the image will be more acceptable.
    yeah, i agree with you that the headroom is too tight, because I didn't use tripod so this is the highest position I can get. I'll try to cropped it like your suggested later. because now still in the office
    Last edited by kurniled; 10th June 2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I'm quite uncomfortable with that fact that its an architectural photograph that does not capture the details of the buildings. Instead, its just a collection of bunches of lights(some over exposed ones) and really, they are far from being attractive.
    thx for your comment kit, any suggestion what should I improve?

    I just realized until i replied for the third times, why I didn't use multi quote sorry for that
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Far Far Away Kingdom

    I just cropped it, is this what you mean catchlights?

    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •