Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading hardware for my DSLR

Default Re: Upgrading hardware for my DSLR

In the good old days, I use to upgrade my camera before I even use 50% of the it's capabilities.

Nowadays I enjoy pushing the camera to the limit before I even think of upgrading.

Save plenty of $$$$$

To the TS:

A lot of people have answered the question you have asked several times over in the past, and in different guises.

What is usually important, if you just bought your camera < 6 months, upgrade your skills and lens first.

As I see you are a student, using a Canon EOS 1000D, and just joined us for < 6 months, we can't tell you what is missing in your arsenal or even in your skills unless we look at your sample shots. Maybe from there, we can at least guide you as to what you can 'upgrade'.

But if you wanna 'upgrade' from 1000D, I'd recommend something like a 7D or even a 5D, if you can afford it.

HTH.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by mdfaiz View Post
    Hey folks, just wandering what type of upgrading should i do for my camera performance... i've heard we can upgrade the hardware. Please don't flame me.. I'm a newbie... Just asking if it's possible.. thanks alot..
    Camera performance cannot be upgraded. Its not like a computer where you can add more ram, etc. The only way to upgrade the camera's performance is to directly upgrade to a more superior model.

Personally I feel a camera body is the last thing you need to upgrade. Look at others like lenses, tripod or flash unit which is more important than the body IMHO. Other things you can look to upgrade includes software (invest in good photo editing software and learning to use it well), and of cuz to upgrade yourself in photography. Shoot more, ask more, learn more

hmmm.. ok thanks... but wt about the servicing?? which one is better??
    Servicing? What do you mean by that? Need service bring to canon service centre for canon or nikon service for nikon la? Got which is better meh? Or you can bring to fatigue.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

hmmm.. ok thanks... but wt about the servicing?? which one is better??
    Sony is good... You can drop off and pick up at any Sonystyle, very convenient!
    Alpha

Hey folks, just wandering what type of upgrading should i do for my camera performance... i've heard we can upgrade the hardware. Please don't flame me.. I'm a newbie... Just asking if it's possible.. thanks alot..
    Upgrading you can really consider is to join us for photoshoot tour around Singapore. We have newbies and Pros in the group. One of the most active is "cleonbus" which is organising an outing on 19th June. His thread here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703971

After that, post your shots, whether good or bad and our senior Brothers here will help to give you tips to improve further. You are never too old to learn. I am already 80 and still learning.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    You are never too old to learn. I am already 80 and still learning.
    Way to go dude!
    Take the shot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12