Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading hardware for my DSLR

Default Upgrading hardware for my DSLR

Hey folks, just wandering what type of upgrading should i do for my camera performance... i've heard we can upgrade the hardware. Please don't flame me.. I'm a newbie... Just asking if it's possible.. thanks alot..

Default Re: Upgrading hardware for my DSLR

you can't upgrade your camera parts, to improve IQ w/o changing bodies, buy better lenses =)

is there such thing as upgrade HARDware? Care to share where u heard from?
    I'm just a photographer looking for my world~

Quote Originally Posted by mdfaiz View Post
    Hey folks, just wandering what type of upgrading should i do for my camera performance... i've heard we can upgrade the hardware. Please don't flame me.. I'm a newbie... Just asking if it's possible.. thanks alot..
    I;ve never heard of upgrading the hardware of the camera... upgrading computer yes but cam?

Software update yes. Can go to canon website to download and install new firmware into the camera..

The only way to upgrade the camera is to buy a higher end model!
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

May be a good tripod to hold your camera steady.

hmmm.. ok thanks... but wt about the servicing?? which one is better??

HARDWARE...only thing I can think of is focusing screen

http://www.focusingscreen.com/privacy.php

hmmm.. ok thanks... but wt about the servicing?? which one is better??
    Are you asking which servicing centre is better...ie Canon, Nikon etc.

Why not upgrade yourself? Then equipments come later
    Take the shot!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    one of the few comments from you that is actually wise and makes sense ha ha ha
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

hahaha... very funny guys... im a newbie.. still wanna flame.. im asking for suggestion.. if, im wrong do guide me.. dnt flame... how am i suppose to find answers... if u guys keep flaming... im ok with u flaming me and all.. but some of the comment does not help me at all..

hahaha... very funny guys... im a newbie.. still wanna flame.. im asking for suggestion.. if, im wrong do guide me.. dnt flame... how am i suppose to find answers... if u guys keep flaming... im ok with u flaming me and all.. but some of the comment does not help me at all..
    Which parts of ur camera do u find unsatisfactory? I think that info would be important in helping us decide what to recommend you...btw hardware i think cannot upgrade, must buy either new body or lens.

Cuz right now you ask for upgrades to increase performance, but there are too many variables, ppl need to know what you looking for then can help mah

Nobody's flaming nobody here
    Take the shot!

If you nv mention this, I do wanted to flame..haha..but now I hope to balance the comments.
    You should know the difference between software and hardware right? If you are talking about hardware that can help improve performance, then probably the most direct one would be lenses. A proper lens to use helps alot. But you need "software" like photography knowledge to carry on from there

Body + Kit lens= Competent hardware.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Nobody's flaming nobody here
    I do not see any of the above reply is

Talking about find an answer...if you do not specifically tell more about what 'HARDware' you are talking about...we can only give you answer basic on what we try to understand the 'HARDware' you mean.

upgrade ourselves is a long term investment.

Blog Entries

apologies my friend.... just ribbing you.... the resident flamers here are not in action yet

now.... unlike cars, bicycles , skateboards where specific components can be changed to enhance performance..... cameras come in whole body and whole lens.....

the 'hardware' are usually ADD-ON's to attach to the camera and/or the lens...... eg handgrips, tripods, tripod heads, gaffer-taping, camera straps, filters, memory cards of different speeds and capacities , external flash units, flash diffusers etc etc etc etc....

on body replacements are usually the viewfinder screen .......and maybe the shutter curtain when it wears out and other circuit boards when they have problems

stay cool
    Last edited by ed9119; 9th June 2010 at 10:45 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    apologies my friend.... just ribbing you.... the resident flamers here are not in action yet
    CS has flamers???
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    CS has flamers???
    They are not flamers...more of like advisor with unique style.

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    They are not flamers...more of like advisor with unique style.
    Niiiiiiiice.
    Alpha

If the answer is unsatisfactory then let's review the question ("The answer is .... 42!")
    You have heard ... what exactly have you heard? Who told you? Have you asked what the person(s) exactly mean(s)?
    Search the forum here for "upgrade DSLR" and you will find tons of threads all blabbering about the same thing: replacing the body (usually a lower end model, but also older models) with a new model, just released, shiny marketing, impressing numbers flying around .. you name it. Sometimes you will find also recommendations about lenses. And that's pretty much all you can upgrade in a camera today, apart from minor things like focusing screen.
    But.. in many cases you will also find the question: what is your current system lacking? Not many people have a conclusive answer, most just have itchy fingers.
    From the generic question to more details: what is your situation? Do you have a camera? Is there anything missing or do you have problems achieving what you want? As mentioned by others: upgrading skills is more important and helps in most cases. Last but not least: it's cheaper
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    If the answer is unsatisfactory then let's review the question ("The answer is .... 42!")
    As mentioned by others: upgrading skills is more important and helps in most cases. Last but not least: it's cheaper
    Can be free also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast