Thread: Canon PowerShot S90 Vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Vs Samsung EX1

Smile Canon PowerShot S90 Vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Vs Samsung EX1

Having seen the specs and review of the 3 Compact Digi Cams, which one do you prefer among them?

Default Re: Canon PowerShot S90 Vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Vs Samsung EX1

Hi, I prefer EX1 as it a pocketable camera with swiveling amolet 614K. IS dual, lens f1.8 schneider, ISO 3200. compared with LX3 which is an old model.

IMHO, the S90 is more of a high-performance consumer compact (i.e. people who probably don't know much about photography, don't want to fiddle with settings, but still demand high-quality output out of camera). The slim, unclutter design tells me so.

My other opinions:
    The EX-1 is still largely unproven (I don't see as many online reviews) and probably a bit buggy at the moment. Tried my friend's EX-1. Zooming in caused the camera to hang and a hard reset was needed.

The LX-3 is indeed considered old technology, but it is proven technology and it still stands up to the very best amongst the current crop of small-sensor compacts. So much so that if you do happen to already own an LX-3, I don't think it's worth ditching it for an EX-1, despite the latter having a few more nifty features like the swivel screen.

The LX-4(?) is rumoured to be looming over the horizon, so when that comes out, probably that would give a clearer picture (pun!) on the comparison.

Having said all that, buying cameras is like buying computers these days: There's always a new model coming out. If you need one now, then just get it now.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

see dpreview, EX1 review is up.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsungtl500/
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.