Thread: Any recommended shipper to replace Vpost Singapore

Default Any recommended shipper to replace Vpost Singapore

Any recommended consolidator that will accept shipping, with respect to Singapore user? Vpost has degraded beyond my acceptable comfort zone and I need to find a replacement provider. Thanks

Just to highlight my recent two encounters over the month.

One which nobody updates the system after payment. Status stuck indefinitely and waited till my neck is long. So package went missing in action until you call them to check.

This round is even worse, after payment, the entire VS record went missing after the weekend, history have all my last package except this one. Package status becomes zero, what a scare. Singpost says Vpost is now under Speedpost but it does not make sense why VPOST record went missing which the Singpost person manning the call doesn't bother. A major integrity issue.

Default Re: Any recommended shipper to replace Vpost Singapore

Used Borderlinx before.. free concierge service with Citibank credit card. Speed and service was ok for me; shipped quite fast once order confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Any recommended consolidator that will accept shipping, with respect to Singapore user? Vpost has degraded beyond my acceptable comfort zone and I need to find a replacement provider. Thanks

Just to highlight my recent two encounters over the month.

One which nobody updates the system after payment. Status stuck indefinitely and waited till my neck is long. So package went missing in action until you call them to check.

This round is even worse, after payment, the entire VS record went missing after the weekend, history have all my last package except this one. Package status becomes zero, what a scare. Singpost says Vpost is now under Speedpost but it does not make sense why VPOST record went missing which the Singpost person manning the call doesn't bother. A major integrity issue.
    I second that, vpost has degraded over the years and l am also looking into a new courier.

There are a few others:
    1) Borderlinx
    2) Comgateway

Any others I left out?
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

borderlinx, but you need to be with citibank, IIRC.

1 week since I bought an item. 3 exact same invoices sent to Vpost for documentation. Package has arrived but invoice not updated. USPS ships item across United States faster than Vpost enters purchase details into the database.

Just signed up for Borderlinx 5mins ago.

Thanks all for the tips!

Thanks for the information. I will try out ComGateway and Borderlinx. Will have more project items to purchases next month.

I use comgateway several times a month, shipping is very quick (well under their stipulated days) even though I always choose the cheap ass non express service. So far no complaints.

Pretty sure more choices will come along, especially in agent buying service. For people who don't like window shopping, courier is becoming important service. They must make buyer feel confident.

I am not picky with service which is why Vpost has been my shipper since beginning but there are things I cannot accept such as disappearing records from database after payment. Such symptom can potentially result in theft or losses if buyer did not keep email record.

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    I second that, vpost has degraded over the years and l am also looking into a new courier.

There are a few others:
    1) Borderlinx
    2) Comgateway

Any others I left out?

To shop from the United States, I've been using a free package forwarding service from www.Viaddress.com for a few months now, and I'm quite satisfied with them... I used them to shop on Amazon.com and Ebay.com and it works great!

The registration is free on www.viaddress.com. They provide you with a personal US address that you can use to shop from any US merchant and have Viaddress forward your packages to your country.

If the US merchant does not accept international credit cards, Viaddress can buy the products for you, with no commission fees, and then forward the packages to you.

Their prices are very competitive; u can log unto their website to see their price comparison chart.

Thanks guys for the useful information.
    I have also encountered terrible experience with vpost recently. All of what you guys have mentioned above (package not traceable after payment made, took ages to deliver) have happened to me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by snappera View Post
    To shop from the United States, I've been using a free package forwarding service from www.Viaddress.com for a few months now, and I'm quite satisfied with them... I used them to shop on Amazon.com and Ebay.com and it works great!

The registration is free on www.viaddress.com. They provide you with a personal US address that you can use to shop from any US merchant and have Viaddress forward your packages to your country.

If the US merchant does not accept international credit cards, Viaddress can buy the products for you, with no commission fees, and then forward the packages to you.

Their prices are very competitive; u can log unto their website to see their price comparison chart.
    Warning, viaddress spammers have been popping up all over sg forums to talk about how good their service is in the last couple of days. The signs are easy to see, new account, high praises, blah blah.