Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiwan - Taipei - Yilan - Hualien - Kenting

Blog Entries

Default Re: Taiwan - Taipei - Yilan - Hualien - Kenting

Quote Originally Posted by pckee View Post
    Some information to share on Taiwan weather

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/taipei.htm

Personnally i prefer March and Nov.

Do watchout, Taiwan got typhoon season, from July to Sept time.
    same here. i feel march and november will be the better times

thanks! i will go next year nov then.

I just came back from Taiwan... spend 9 days 8 nights there also.

Also been to Heng CHun, Kending, Taipei, Hua Lian, Tai Zhong, Gao Xiong..

U can do whale watchin in hua lian also.. but i understand now not the season...
    Kending is juz a very small town in Heng Chun. but hotel i stayed offer a day tour round the whole place... let me know if u wan details of the hotel.. the hotel is a in a great location facin the mountains and the sea from ur balcony.

Dun bother spendin too many days in Taipei.. unless u're ready to travel to the outskirts where the attractions are..

Can go Leo Foo at Xin Zhu which is quite near taipei..

If u wanna go many places, be prepared to spend quite a bit on transport.. the high speed rail and day tour taxis are not cheap.. but they really give u lots of time to play and tour..

hmm... i still have good contacts of the minsu that i stay in there. do PM me if u need more details! =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaofighter View Post
    I just came back from Taiwan... spend 9 days 8 nights there also.

Also been to Heng CHun, Kending, Taipei, Hua Lian, Tai Zhong, Gao Xiong..

U can do whale watchin in hua lian also.. but i understand now not the season...
    Kending is juz a very small town in Heng Chun. but hotel i stayed offer a day tour round the whole place... let me know if u wan details of the hotel.. the hotel is a in a great location facin the mountains and the sea from ur balcony.

Dun bother spendin too many days in Taipei.. unless u're ready to travel to the outskirts where the attractions are..

Can go Leo Foo at Xin Zhu which is quite near taipei..

If u wanna go many places, be prepared to spend quite a bit on transport.. the high speed rail and day tour taxis are not cheap.. but they really give u lots of time to play and tour..

hmm... i still have good contacts of the minsu that i stay in there. do PM me if u need more details! =)
    ahh. if u wanna go theme parks, there are always little window in china around kaoshiung i think? leefu village near tp. etc etc. if ts dun mind meeting up, i can lend him a copy of all my tw tourist guidebooks and maps. hoarded 10 years worth of stuff

Frankly i suggest skipping hualian although b/c the tai-ru-ge is really kinda boring with lots of rocks. That's all. Accordingly to the locals, there's some really nice spots but only the locals can bring you there..

I do like the offbeaten taiwan. I went there for my grad trip and in tai-ru-ge itself we came across a taiwan family who recommend us to go to Lu Dao ( blue island) and that's perhaps the highlight of our trip. Google on how to get there but i do really like that charming little place...where u can ride a motorbike without a helmet ( and even if you dun have a valid license). There's also a fantastic hot spring there on the beach itself where u can enjoy the sunrise. Night time can eat steamboat buffet by the sea.

You can try Ali-shan as well. Lol, for my case, we really went off the track there. We hitch a ride with a small individual operator up Ali-shan and share the small bus with 4 other taiwan student on grad trip as well. Upon finding we dun have accomodation yet, we decided to stay with them in Ali-shan's POLICE STATION chalet where there's a karaoke room and it's one hellva nite belting out classics. Haha. Those were the days

So seriously, taiwaness pple are really friendly and if you young, i suggest u just go there with an open mind during May period where it's vacation time and u can make lots of frens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12