Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Some food shots from Swensen

  1. #1
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Some food shots from Swensen

    Didn't really like to eat Western food but find the colors pleasing so just eat to take pics.
    #1


    #2


    #3


    Which composition is better?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    The food looks nice indeed.. but i do not like the background, kinda distracting.. Perhaps taking from a higher angle, using the table as the background might be better..

  3. #3
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    The food looks nice indeed.. but i do not like the background, kinda distracting.. Perhaps taking from a higher angle, using the table as the background might be better..
    Thanks for the comments.
    Usually I like to take at a low angle to reveal shallow dof but have to agree with you this place (Chinatown branch) don't have good bokeh background

    #4 another pic from a higher angle.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    hi. which camera and lens combi did you use for these shots?

  5. #5
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by tansm View Post
    hi. which camera and lens combi did you use for these shots?
    Pentax K-X + Tamron 17-50 F2.8

  6. #6

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    definitely not #1. u need to go above it more.

    was it possible to arrange the prawns in a more systematic way? right now the plate looks very messy.

  7. #7
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    definitely not #1. u need to go above it more.

    was it possible to arrange the prawns in a more systematic way? right now the plate looks very messy.
    Will take note of the arrangement of food items next time. Thanks.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Will take note of the arrangement of food items next time. Thanks.
    They are making me hungry for sure. Thanks for sharing....

  9. #9
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    Thanks for the comments.
    Usually I like to take at a low angle to reveal shallow dof but have to agree with you this place (Chinatown branch) don't have good bokeh background

    #4 another pic from a higher angle.
    This one is a lot better, but can probably lose 1/20 at the top. The rest the backgrounds are just too messy, with too many hot spots that are distracting.

  10. #10
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    This one is a lot better, but can probably lose 1/20 at the top. The rest the backgrounds are just too messy, with too many hot spots that are distracting.
    Thanks for the comments.
    You are right, cropping 1/20 of the top will be better.

  11. #11
    Senior Member kengoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Some food shots from Swensen

    Another day at Swensen






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •