Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 is OUT!

Default Re: iPhone 4 is OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I'm looking for a phone upgrade and the downloads available at my wimp and fancy ( regardless if I need them ) is a big draw.
    I constantly download stuff off the Android market at a whim too. I don't need 300,000 apps when I'll use at most 20-30.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    Which phone model has all the features you mentioned?
    Most out there actually. Even my old G900 had these features (though since it's an older phone, the screen was small and the processor slow).

Most new smartphones and cellphones have actually *removed* the front-facing camera because nobody has been using it.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Video conferencing on mobile phone has been around for a very long time. The problem was, the telco charge it quite expensive (though is cheaper now, but I think, may has forgotten about it).

Though I don't have the full details of how Apple does this, but I suspect it will be done differently and base on proprietary standard. Since, I doubt Apple wants to face another legal case about patent problem again. Meaning, this will be an Apple to Apple video call, while we have video call function across different handset for years.
    Telcos charge the same for a video call as a normal call. The main problem was that you looked like an idiot if you were on a video call. You had to use the speakerphone (hard to hear) and you walked around holding the phone to your face.

ATM, the apple video calls are apple to apple only, not the already-existing, open standard. This means the telcos can charge you extra $$$ for the apple video calls, while the rest of the world gets the normal rate.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    aiyo, why get so worked up? Really nothing fancy what. The video conferncing function is already available on Sony ericssson phone. Apple found that it is a big thing and call it FaceTime. What a name??

You work for Apple? How much does apple pay you to speak for them?

Ps. I'm using the iPhone to reply this post
    good for you for posting using the iPhone...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I think it's because they claim to be the innovators and pioneers while in fact they're just playing catch-up.
    being an innovator is ok... you take some existing feature/function and improve on it.

as for the pioneer thing... i'm not sure how true this is. but if Apple is just playing catch-up and labelled themselves as pioneers... wouldn't they be sued for delivering false information? i don't think Steve would be that stupid to mention this publicly in the WWDC right?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    being an innovator is ok... you take some existing feature/function and improve on it.

as for the pioneer thing... i'm not sure how true this is. but if Apple is just playing catch-up and labelled themselves as pioneers... wouldn't they be sued for delivering false information? i don't think Steve would be that stupid to mention this publicly in the WWDC right?
    Actually no, he cannot be sued unless he specifically says "we beat company XYZ to this" and the company then goes "oh no you didn't...."

Freedom of speech is a big thing in the USA, especially for the Cult of Jobs.
    Alpha

I think Samsung galaxy S is better than this iPhone 4 in a way.

Still no news of the pricing..

Quote Originally Posted by alwayschampion View Post
    I think Samsung galaxy S is better than this iPhone 4 in a way.
    If Samsung galaxy S is advertising, who is the Korean girl group that they will be using?

Last advertisment was SNSD and After School.

I hope is 2NE1 or Karas.
    Last edited by phoakm; 9th June 2010 at 07:57 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Still no news of the pricing..
    Today ST Digital Life.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Today ST Digital Life.
    which page arh? can't find it in the digital online...
    Licence to shoot.

I constantly download stuff off the Android market at a whim too. I don't need 300,000 apps when I'll use at most 20-30.
    I'm looking at from the angle of selecting 20-30 apps from 300,00 against selecting 20-30 apps from 30,000. Though I agreed that I woun't need all 300,00 apps, but it's there should I want it
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

On the telephone workings themselves, they can't claim anything really but the software, the user interface and the way things work in general are rather big improvements on the way things were working prior to 2007.

I like the company as much as I dislike them. but they can claim quite a bit of experience coming from 1976 onwards in small, computerised devices, including the original PDA between Apple, NeXT, Fingerworks.

I'm looking at from the angle of selecting 20-30 apps from 300,00 against selecting 20-30 apps from 30,000. Though I agreed that I woun't need all 300,00 apps, but it's there should I want it
    yeah well, sounds like mac versus pc, just that now apple has more options for once.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Today ST Digital Life.
    can just summarise, a bit hard to find st digital life here.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...061905/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Apple has unveiled its latest generation of iPhone in the US.

But consumers in Singapore will have to wait a little longer before it hits the stores here.

The three telcos, M1, SingTel and StarHub say they expect to offer iPhone 4 in the coming months.

The device is expected to retail at 199 US dollars when it is launched in the US.

It is not immediately clear how much iPhone 4 would cost in Singapore.

But analysts say it will be priced close to the current iPhone 3GS model, which could cost up to S$658 or S$668, depending on the different subscription plans offered by the three telcos.

Market watchers also believe Apple will offer the new iPhone to all the telcos, steering away from the exclusive-deal business model.

This will help the company achieve higher sales volume to regain market share from Google's Android phones.

Industry reports say that the Android is slowly taking over Apple's position in the smartphone market.

In the first quarter this year, the Android sold five million units in the US compared to Apple's eight million.

Analysts expect the local take-up rate of the iPhone 4 to be healthy.

One in three smartphones taken up in Singapore is an iPhone.

Apple will stagger the release dates of iPhone 4 in July for 18 countries and August for 24 countries.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yeah well, sounds like mac versus pc, just that now apple has more options for once.
    no lar, not Mac Vs PC war lar, just wanting to upgrade and am looking around when the G4 lost phone came out so though I'll wait a while
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Damn!!! it'll be if Singtel and Starhub up the G4 price to try to recover their losses for the world cup and M1 follow suit

no lar, not Mac Vs PC war lar, just wanting to upgrade and am looking around when the G4 lost phone came out so though I'll wait a while
    no la, i was just saying that usually in mac vs pc, pc people will say that we have 8000000 more applications than macs do. especially games.

but now apple iphone has more applications than android platform phones. for once!

Telcos charge the same for a video call as a normal call. The main problem was that you looked like an idiot if you were on a video call. You had to use the speakerphone (hard to hear) and you walked around holding the phone to your face.
    These days, a lot of people is using a headset for phone calls, so I think is more acceptable now.

Though, I remember, when the video call function was 1st out, it was charged higher than normal call. I still remember friends said no interest to pay higher just to see the other person face. The funny thing was, they don't want their gal friends to know they are out pubbing when claimed they are out for meeting.

ATM, the apple video calls are apple to apple only, not the already-existing, open standard. This means the telcos can charge you extra $$$ for the apple video calls, while the rest of the world gets the normal rate.
    I am not surprise...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast