Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo improved eneloop

Deregistered

Default Re: Sanyo improved eneloop

Quote Originally Posted by xmysticalzx View Post
    oh thanks. i managed to google em and got their website. can go down to the shop and get right?? but seems like their sanyo eneloop charger + AAs batteries cost $46 which is more costly than ebay which is at $41.
    Yes you can just walk in...

Just a heads up, there's another eBayer selling these batteries now.

You can find his auctions if you search "coloured eneloop"... They start at $32.80, and have a buy it now of $36.80, which is quite competitive to me. Don't think any of the auctions have ended above $36, so it's an alternative for you peeps. I got mine @ $34.40 haha.

Mustafa selling as well but i never notice the price...so i just get the older model HR-3U Ni-MH 2700 with quick charger.

Quote Originally Posted by sganimefan View Post
    Just a heads up, there's another eBayer selling these batteries now.

You can find his auctions if you search "coloured eneloop"... They start at $32.80, and have a buy it now of $36.80, which is quite competitive to me. Don't think any of the auctions have ended above $36, so it's an alternative for you peeps. I got mine @ $34.40 haha.
    WOW!!! quite a steal leh!! discount of like 2 bucks?? haha... i want eneloop wither quick charge preferably. is it recommended with quick charge??

WOW!!! quite a steal leh!! discount of like 2 bucks?? haha... i want eneloop wither quick charge preferably. is it recommended with quick charge??
    Actually.. with eneloop, why need quick charger.. juz a personal opinion.

traditional rechargeable batteries will lose their charge when stored. Hence, pple needs to charge their batteries just before usage. Using a quick charger is kinda more convenient as no need to wait so long for it to charge.

But with technologies like the eneloop, the batteries can hold their charge for long periods (that's why they're sold pre-charged).

This means that, after usage, just throw it on the charger and let it takes its own sweet time for it to charge.

And it'll always be "ready-to-use" when the need arises.

i actually read that quick chargers kills your battery faster...

any charger that promises to charge your batteries within 2 hours is causing damages to your batteries in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i actually read that quick chargers kills your battery faster...

any charger that promises to charge your batteries within 2 hours is causing damages to your batteries in the long run.

Agree. That's why my current eneloop charger is still the old model which requires 10hrs to fully charge 4 X AAs.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Agree. That's why my current eneloop charger is still the old model which requires 10hrs to fully charge 4 X AAs.
    not wise to get the quick charger?? but 10 hours to fully charge x04 AAs??
    WAHHH!!! quite long leh. as compared to quick charger, around 4 hours??
    quick charger also comes in handy esp when u are travelling? on vacation? less time to charge and 2-4 hours, u are good to go!!

I just bought a charger and 4 eneloop batteries which can fully charge at 6 hrs time for $27 from Desmond (techpoint). I did not opt to buy the fast chargers for the fact that they kill the lifespan of your batteries easily. btw the total damage is $50 for both the charger and batteries.
    Last edited by jed091270; 23rd July 2010 at 08:08 AM.
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    I just bought a charger and 4 eneloop batteries which can fully charge at 6 hrs time for $27 from Desmond (techpoint). I did not opt to buy the fast chargers for the fact that they kill the lifespan of your batteries easily. btw the total damage is $50 for both the charger and batteries.
    the charging time for the quick charger is at 2hours, 4 batteries i believe would be 4hrs? how long is the charging time for x04 AAs for the normal charger u bought??

less charging time = less time spent = more time saved = higher cost, ^^$$

quick charger also comes in handy esp when u are travelling? on vacation? less time to charge and 2-4 hours, u are good to go!!
    If that is your main usage pattern and you require the convenient of fast charging, why get a battery with charge retention like the eneloop? it's less capacity and more expensive.

Just buy normal NiMH rechargeable.. like the GP ones for e.g. 2700mAh and cheaper..

the charging time for the quick charger is at 2hours, 4 batteries i believe would be 4hrs? how long is the charging time for x04 AAs for the normal charger u bought??

less charging time = less time spent = more time saved = highyou can adder cost, ^^$$
    ng then charge
    Yeah I agree with you and maybe you can add something like this:

less charging time = less time spent = more time saved = higher cots=less lifespan for the battery.

I drained the battery after buying(went out to test) then charge it and it was fully charged after less than 6 hours.

ng then charge
    Yeah I agree with you and maybe you can add something like this:

less charging time = less time spent = more time saved = higher cots=less lifespan for the battery.

I drained the battery after buying(went out to test) then charge it and it was fully charged after less than 6 hours.
    u meaned the charging time was less than 6 hours for x04 AAs batteries?? hmmm...
    btw, a noob qn, how do u drained your battery?? as in fully drain?

u meaned the charging time was less than 6 hours for x04 AAs batteries?? hmmm...
    btw, a noob qn, how do u drained your battery?? as in fully drain?
    Yeah for 4 batteries. I would not say that it was fully drained but I used it with my flash and after maybe 70 shots then I noticed that syncing time for my flash is already slow so I presumed that It is almost drained already(according to what I read, it is about 80 shots for the battery to function well then it needs to be charged again).
    Hope this helps!!! Im a noob also so sure if this has drained the battery. BTW, I used the battery after buying because its pre charged already

Hope this helps!!! Im a noob also so sure if this has drained the battery. BTW, I used the battery after buying because its pre charged already
    fyi.. it's not pre-charged to 100% capacity..

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    fyi.. it's not pre-charged to 100% capacity..
    yes I know that's why I used it for 70 shots only

maybe its better for me to get the normal one rather than the quick charge one??
    save my cost also then i can use the money to get more batteries?? hor??

I dun believe in quick charging as I do not want to 'kill' my battery too fast. I always charge overnight so no issues with that, even when traveling.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I dun believe in quick charging as I do not want to 'kill' my battery too fast. I always charge overnight so no issues with that, even when traveling.
    all right. so i presumed u used sanyo eneloop also?? the normal one right??

Quote Originally Posted by soundaudio View Post

Left is the old version and right is the improved version of sanyo eneloop battery
    There is another variant. It has the 'recycle' logo but not the dustbin. I got mine delivered by the van recently, was told it is the new version.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast