Thread: Sydney Photos!

Default Sydney Photos!

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Any area: colour, exposure, composition?
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Portray the beauty of the sydney opera house...
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    night, tripod used.
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    its nice eh? but im looking forward to improving.

Default Re: Sydney Photos!

nice but can i ask why you left so much room for the sky since there is nothing special about the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    nice but can i ask why you left so much room for the sky since there is nothing special about the sky?
    Good point! I think the reflection on the water will look better than the plain dark sky.
    Last edited by neon2; 8th June 2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Correction to sentence intention
    Aaron Neo | flickr

Quote Originally Posted by neon2 View Post
    Good point! I think the reflection on the water will look better than the plain dark sky.
    I thought from where he stand, if he shoot more of the below, may end up reveal more of the pavement, blocking the reflection.

I like the sharpness of the picture.
    Nikon D90 w/ tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | http://www.xianglineyes.shutterfly.com

I don't know whether it was intended but some colours are missing in the photo. Could be a unique style though.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Yeah maybe if you could show more of the water reflection, it will be a nicer shot...provided you can find a good spot that don't show the pavement.

Not sure if its my screen, but I find the bottom part of the Opera house too bright as there's alot of lights there. Perhaps can try reducing the shutter exposure a little & see the effect.

there is def a spot to catch more of the reflection.
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

I love the angle that you took in this shot.

You could consider including more of the water next time considering the lights would cast a beautiful reflection off it rather than the dull skies.

I love the placement of your watermark as well. Sort of balances the whole composition of the photo.