Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: freewares for amateur photographers

Default Re: freewares for amateur photographers

Quote Originally Posted by gaidinX View Post
    anybody know if there are freeware photo presentation software?
    picasa?

my fren use it to present images at wedding dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-sama View Post
    Linux users should just stick to GIMP: it is pre-compiled and bundled into just about every single desktop Linux distro available, along with UFRaw.

Not to mention that CinePaint is a very old fork of GIMP which has its own set of dependencies that may not be satisfied in every distro out there without acquiring some additional software libraries from the distro server.

And by the way, I use Linux. Fedora 10, to be precise.
    Linux/GNU, *BSD rules!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Linux/GNU, *BSD rules!!!!!!
    Yah right...
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Any review from you and what are its strength? Thanks
    Nope. Got other better reviewers on-line. How many photo editors are portable?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Nope. Got other better reviewers on-line. How many photo editors are portable?
    I don't use all the software listed here. I only consolidate them for references and need to rely on others to tell us which are usable.

The portable editors are listed on the first page.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 12th November 2011 at 07:03 PM.

While I have very good results with Hugin for pano stitching. I do not seem to have the same level of results for HDR with Picturenaut and Luminance HDR. I have not been able to have a very natural looking blend with high dynamic range. Do you guys have the same result or I am not doing something right? I am now using Photomatix but the HDR effect is too pronounced. Any HDR expert here can advise how to make natural looking HDR?

Before editing anything: Monitor calibration. An Open Source hardware and software project: Hughski - ColorHug
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Before editing anything: Monitor calibration. An Open Source hardware and software project: Hughski - ColorHug
    not free right? It says GBP60 in the comparison chart and only supports Linux.

Who says Open Source = FOC? Who says Open Source must support all platforms?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Who says Open Source = FOC? Who says Open Source must support all platforms?
    This thread is about freeware.

This thread is about freeware.
    You only pay for the hardware if you don't buy it on your own. Software download is free and linked on the website.
    EOS

Let me contribute one free panorama editor which I have used successfully. Unfortunately it doesn't work on RAW files, but it does support 16-bit TIFF.

Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 | M.ZD 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 ED EZ | PL DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

Quote Originally Posted by rhema83 View Post
    Let me contribute one free panorama editor which I have used successfully. Unfortunately it doesn't work on RAW files, but it does support 16-bit TIFF.

Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)
    Added.

hi

you should also consider listing linux free software if someone contribute them. But for this one, I am not sure, because I'm not sure if one can benefit from the software without paying for the hardware.

linux is not that difficult to use, even little girls are using it. try ubuntu.com , the installation is so easy, and lots of GUI..

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi

you should also consider listing linux free software if someone contribute them. But for this one, I am not sure, because I'm not sure if one can benefit from the software without paying for the hardware.

linux is not that difficult to use, even little girls are using it. try ubuntu.com , the installation is so easy, and lots of GUI..

I am aware of Linux. At this point, it does not look they will go mainstream. People are more interested in the free stuff on Android and iOS. Let's just keep this to the Windows users for now. Plus I am sure those gurus who are dabbling in Linux will know what they are doing. This thread is more for the everyday people like me.

Post Re: freewares for amateur photographers

Pocket Light Meter :

Is a good tool for iPhone owners who need a quick reflected light meter while photographing wth SLR/DSLR. it Measures reflected light, and allows reciprocity calculations.

http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/pocket-light-meter/id381698089?mt=8
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Forgot your bubble level and have an iPhone ?

Clinometer HD - bubble level and slope finder:

With this tool, the slope can be measured by all edges of the device in every direction. When the device is put flat on the table a bubble view will fade in.

and it tells you which direction to move. I found it awesome so sharing. Not sure how long it will be free though.

Post Re: freewares for amateur photographers

DOF calculator for IOS devices : Brought to you by Nikonians.org

Description

Depth of Field (DOF) and Hyperfocal Distance are two very important items when it comes down to getting the right amount of blur or sharpness depth in your shot. But how can you calculate these easily?

We Nikonians have had a great article written by J. Ramon Palacios (jrp), the “Depth of the Field(DOF) and Hyperfocal Distance” also containing a Depth of Field and Hyperfocal Distance calculator.

Using this app one can easily calculate all these important figures and effectively improve the photography results.

App Store - Nikonians Depth of Field Calculator

I wud like to stack 3 pics left/right or up/down evenly. And can add simple stars, cute objects, dialogue box..etc... Any recommendation?

Is there any updates to this thread ? wonder what is the new starter s/w for newbies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast