Thread: How to create border for photo?

Default How to create border for photo?

Hi all

how to add a thin white line border around the whole photo? Currently, i have only managed to add the black border, but I want it to be outlined in white. And also, a white outline between the photo and the black border. Any advice on how to do in Photoshop elements?

Current pic:

[/URL]

Default Re: How to create border for photo?

Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Hi all

how to add a thin white line border around the whole photo? Currently, i have only managed to add the black border, but I want it to be outlined in white. And also, a white outline between the photo and the black border. Any advice on how to do in Photoshop elements?

Current pic:

[/URL]
    create a outline with rectangle tool, "edit" "storke" with width set to 1px, color "white"

google faststone

if u want to do it on the fly in batches.

Hi all

dunno what version you using, but you can google - adding border in photoshop elements:

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1073009
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=819813
    http://www.betterphoto.com/article.asp?id=120
    http://www.digiretus.com/tippek/cikkiro.php?SORSZAM=92

Use Faststone Photo Resizer

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kutten View Post
    create a outline with rectangle tool, "edit" "storke" with width set to 1px, color "white"
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    google faststone

if u want to do it on the fly in batches.
    thanks, i will try these!!

Hi all

Current pic:

[/url]
    set you doc b/g color to black
    expend canvas 9 pixel
    set you doc b/g color to white
    expend canvas 2 pixel
    set you doc b/g color to black again
    expend canvas 9 pixel

so now you have a 20 pixel black borders with 2 pixel thin white line in it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    set you doc b/g color to black
    expend canvas 9 pixel
    set you doc b/g color to white
    expend canvas 2 pixel
    set you doc b/g color to black again
    expend canvas 9 pixel

so now you have a 20 pixel black borders with 2 pixel thin white line in it.
    I think this works best for 800x600 resolution, if resolution higher than this, you may need to increase the canvas size accordingly ?

With Photoshop you can add borders with little difficulties, once you learn how to do it. Follow these steps to make your image stand out from the rest of the page with a cool Photoshop border.

1.Start Photoshop and open the image that you want to add a border to.

2. To create a border around the entire picture, open the Select menu and choose Select All. To create a border around a certain section, use the Selection tool in the toolbar and select the area you want.

3.From the Select menu, choose Modify and then Border. In the dialog box, choose the pixel size of your border.

4. Locate the color palette on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the top square and select a border color from the palette. Click OK.

5.Select Fill from the Edit menu. In the dialog box, choose the options to apply to the border.

6.Click OK to view the border. If the results aren't what you want, select Undo from the Edit menu to remove the fill, then try again.

7.Use the Save As command in the File menu to save the new picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Web Design Birmingham
    Website Design Birmingham

White border -

Black border -

There you have it -

Quote Originally Posted by sshayndell12 View Post
    With Photoshop you can add borders with little difficulties, once you learn how to do it. Follow these steps to make your image stand out from the rest of the page with a cool Photoshop border.

1.Start Photoshop and open the image that you want to add a border to.

2. To create a border around the entire picture, open the Select menu and choose Select All. To create a border around a certain section, use the Selection tool in the toolbar and select the area you want.

3.From the Select menu, choose Modify and then Border. In the dialog box, choose the pixel size of your border.

4. Locate the color palette on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the top square and select a border color from the palette. Click OK.

5.Select Fill from the Edit menu. In the dialog box, choose the options to apply to the border.

6.Click OK to view the border. If the results aren't what you want, select Undo from the Edit menu to remove the fill, then try again.

7.Use the Save As command in the File menu to save the new picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Web Design Birmingham
    Website Design Birmingham
    thanks! worked well for me