Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

hi there all.. i'm also looking for a DSLR to replace my current fujifilm f31d..

looking at D90 KIT 18-105mm VR.. mainly to take photos of my coming newborn son..and bring ard for travelling trips..

any comments/advice?

Quote Originally Posted by iandao View Post
    hi there all.. i'm also looking for a DSLR to replace my current fujifilm f31d..

looking at D90 KIT 18-105mm VR.. mainly to take photos of my coming newborn son..and bring ard for travelling trips..

any comments/advice?
    start a new thread. or rather, search this forum first, and then start a thread that would answer your specific needs.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Can you just do a SEARCH??????

This question is asked 10000000000000000 times weekly
    Coming to this question. As someone who is looking to purchase a dslr in the near future and someone who has done so much research that I sound like a seasoned photographer whenever I talk and compare between different cameras' feature. Yet, I still cannot make up my mind.

For one very reason, if you are not yet shooting, it is very easy to get lost among the specs and what it actually will mean to you. It is not so direct to just go online, read up, get the best review and buy. even reviews from different sites will vary. Also, this being the first camera, will always be special. Just like your first car, first PC or first condo.

People will ask this question again and again in the forum for one very reason, they are searching for the very ONE reason that tells them "This is IT" and the fact that they are excited about it.

Not taking any sides here. Just trying to be the wannabe-philosopher that I am. =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigBogey View Post
    Coming to this question. As someone who is looking to purchase a dslr in the near future and someone who has done so much research that I sound like a seasoned photographer whenever I talk and compare between different cameras' feature. Yet, I still cannot make up my mind.

For one very reason, if you are not yet shooting, it is very easy to get lost among the specs and what it actually will mean to you. It is not so direct to just go online, read up, get the best review and buy. even reviews from different sites will vary. Also, this being the first camera, will always be special. Just like your first car, first PC or first condo.

People will ask this question again and again in the forum for one very reason, they are searching for the very ONE reason that tells them "This is IT" and the fact that they are excited about it.

Not taking any sides here. Just trying to be the wannabe-philosopher that I am. =)
    The funny thing is, similar to how review sites can vary without much real reason, responses here will vary even more due to many factors that can be unreasonable (e.g. fanboyism). So the feedback you gather here will be as much a crap shot as the reviews you read anyway. And will be more questionable here since there are no quoted sources, and a large part of the community here are not as technical as the professional reviewers, and viewpoints are formed from personal feeling rather than controlled tests.

So you are a lot less likely to find that ONE reason to tell you "This is IT". Usually the best way to find that reason, is to personally go down to the stores, try out the cameras. Usually at that point, you will find your ONE reason somehow. If not, you can always wait and search some more.

Not taking any sides here. Just trying to state the obvious.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th June 2010 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNiHao View Post
    oh.. then for your info lah, you could have saved some bucks if you bought the A330 instead. it's just more megapixels for A380. and how do you find the grip, might not be of a huge difference as compared to 550D though.

Other brands have such lenses too.
    you mean it's because that sony alpha 330 is fitted with those "moving" lens? meaning i can also buy one such kind and attached to a nikon or canon and get similar "moving" action when i focus?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop View Post
    you mean it's because that sony alpha 330 is fitted with those "moving" lens? meaning i can also buy one such kind and attached to a nikon or canon and get similar "moving" action when i focus?
    Moving lens??!! I want one too...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Moving lens??!! I want one too...
    Later while shooting it move out of ur camera body and out into the sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Later while shooting it move out of ur camera body and out into the sky
    It's cool, as long as it knows how to come back..

Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop View Post
    Are you talking about panning? That's a technique to learn rather than buy. Anyway, different lens brand have diff mounts to fit their own bodies, not able to share in this way.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456