Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109

Thread: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

  1. #21

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Nothing to do with internet superiority la. People just trying to boost post count la.
    That said, I'm quite surprised this thread haven't have a "welcome to CS" standard template reply...

    Anyway, I also think a Pentax Kx is one of the best entry level DSLRs out there...D5000 was good when it first came out, but it's rather outdated now, and other entry levels now have features that make it look like a toy. Of course it has some nice features like 3D tracking, but I think you'd be better off with a Sony a500 or Pentax Kx or Canon 550D
    Last edited by brapodam; 7th June 2010 at 08:23 AM.

  2. #22
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    That said, I'm quite surprised this thread haven't have a "welcome to CS" standard template reply...
    Thats because its now 8am+,people still going to work.When at work then on computer surf CS

  3. #23

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Given your budget there are several DSLR to choose from, each camera brand has its pros and cons, but should perform well enough to capture your shots reliably. You will find that DSLRs are more ready to shoot as compared to Point and shoots which can take up to 2 seconds between shots

    NIKON D5000 :
    Good camera, lightweight, has a very nice AF system. Lots of after market accesories. Nikon has been described as a Toyota, meaning their cameras are robust and reliable, has the most after market accesories available

    Canon 550
    One of the latest, although I have no expereince on this cam, the specs look very good, and I think it is one of the newest DSLRs among the lot. You get a lot of accesories as well, one of the only brands that still make their cams in Japan?? Like Nikon, Canon wil also have the most after market accesories available

    Pentax KX
    lightweight and compact, very nice price for the package offered, has alot of nice in camera processing programs and art filters, and if you look at the pics, pentax takes pictures where the colors are vivid. Built in, internal stabalizer, hence cheaper lenses. And the only DSLR where you can choose 4 colors for your DSLR (4 in Singapore a few hundred colors from Japan)

    Olympus ?
    Olympus has some DSLRs, has very nice art filters and in cam processing features, lightweight due to the 4/3 lens system, prices are also low and the lenses do not cost as much as the cam has a built in stabilizer. Can find alot of olympus PNS, plenty of olympus Pens but find it very hard to locate shops selling Olympus DSLR, maybe being phased out or new models coming out???

    Sony Alpha DSLR
    as someone else has said, there are too many models, so I can't recommend a specific. Seems like they make the CMOS sensors in the heart of most Nikons. For Sony you have the most models to choose from in your price range. Although you will have few after market accesories, one thing I can say about Sony is that they will give you the full range of support for your accesories, like if you want to go diving sometime in the future, Sony has already made the underwater housing unit for you to fit your DSLR in plus the underwater flash system. If you want prime lenses, they have the kits, primes (I think their 35 mm promo is a bargain) until high quality german carl zeiss ones.

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ammonite View Post
    Pentax KX
    lightweight and compact, very nice price for the package offered, has alot of nice in camera processing programs and art filters, and if you look at the pics, pentax takes pictures where the colors are vivid. Built in, internal stabalizer, hence cheaper lenses. And the only DSLR where you can choose 4 colors for your DSLR (4 in Singapore a few hundred colors from Japan)
    Got a shock when i saw a few hundredJapan only has 100 colours

  5. #25
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    If you will be using live view (composing your shots using the big LCD screen instead of peeping through the optical view finder, the fast AutoFocus of the Sony would be useful. If you are getting the Sony DSLRs, consider the A500 or A550. The A230/330/380 are basic entry level cameras and the grip may not be comfortable to you.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  6. #26

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Got a shock when i saw a few hundredJapan only has 100 colours
    lol...for all you know, the customer could factory custom order the colour of the camera like red and black...when that happens, you could get a few hundred colours.

    to TS: go and try out the cameras that are within your budget. This is the most important part.
    Photography is not learned in a day's time. Camera:Fujifilm Prosumer Camera S2500HD

  7. #27
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ammonite View Post
    Given your budget there are several DSLR to choose from, each camera brand has its pros and cons, but should perform well enough to capture your shots reliably. You will find that DSLRs are more ready to shoot as compared to Point and shoots which can take up to 2 seconds between shots

    NIKON D5000 :
    ...

    Canon 550
    ...

    Pentax KX
    ...

    Olympus ?
    ...

    Sony Alpha DSLR
    ...
    In defense and to add on:

    D5000 has very good ergonomics. It is NOT outdated. Still a good camera. Only thing to watch out for is the lack of focus motor, which means only manual focus for AFD lenses.

    Canon 550D is a solid new entrant. Canon has a very very wide range of lenses. Some are very expensive though (L). Watch out for the weaker kit lens that typically comes with Canon's entry level cams.

    Pentax Kx offers one of the best high ISO noise performance in cropped (non FF) cameras now, and it costs so little. The kit lens is also one of the most exceptional offered in the industry. Thing to watch out for is the lack of visible AF points. Higher end models of Pentax has very very strong weather sealing (think, rinsing the camera under running tap is ok). Pentax cameras are also all compatible with older Pentax film SLR lenses.

    Olympus 4/3 system is not bad. Crop factor is x2 instead of the usual x1.5 or x1.6. Meaning smaller lenses and cameras, and more portable. Problem is Olympus has been lagging in new model releases. Rumor has it a couple of models are soon to be released, and hopefully a replacement for the excellent E-3 (very strong weather sealing too - rinsing the camera under running tap is ok)

    Sony Alpha cameras are compatible with older Minolta lenses (good and cheap). Sony is actually the manufacturer of Sensors for brands like Nikon and Pentax. So the sensor in the Sony A500, Nikon's D90 D5000 D300, and Pentax's K-x are all the same sensor made by Sony. Sony's strength is in Liveview, where the AF is blazing fast. Sony also uses a different approach to liveview. LV is actually achieved using another sensor inside the viewfinder. So the actual photographic sensor is not used for Liveview.

    There are also alternatives to DLSR which will give you good image quality. Consider the EVIL cameras (Electronic Viewfinder, Interchangeable Lens). Panasonic Lumix GF-1, G-1, G-2, Olympus EP1, EP2, EPL1, Samsung NX10 and the coming Sony NEX-5. These cameras gives you smaller form factor and smaller lenses, but still very good image quality.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th June 2010 at 10:23 AM.

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    That said, I'm quite surprised this thread haven't have a "welcome to CS" standard template reply...

    Anyway, I also think a Pentax Kx is one of the best entry level DSLRs out there...D5000 was good when it first came out, but it's rather outdated now, and other entry levels now have features that make it look like a toy. Of course it has some nice features like 3D tracking, but I think you'd be better off with a Sony a500 or Pentax Kx or Canon 550D
    Outdated? Toy?

    Pentax Kx and Sony A500, and D90, D300s, all uses the same sensor as the one in your D5000. So you still think it is outdated?

    I still see people shooting professional images using D70, which is by your standards, super duper outdated and a lousy old toy.

    IMHO, most of us will not push the barrier on our current cams. We will be already very good if we are able to push our cameras to 95% of its potential. Stop having gear envy, pixel peeping and go out and shoot.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by flyygalicious View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I'm thinking of getting a DSLR camera for my husband this Fathers' Day, and figured this would be the best place to seek recommendations.

    just want a simple one though, nothing of the professional sort.
    something that can take quality pictures, and something that's user-friendly.

    I have a budget of $1300, and actually personally like the Canon 550D but all the specs are lost on me!

    So if anyone has any other recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance!
    you are a good wife! Envious! heez..
    anyway, I know ppl who expressed interest for DSLR, bought it then got lost when they found out photography requires alot of technical understanding
    How about getting your husband a prosumer like Nikon P100 or Fuji HS10 kind. long focal length for more flexibility
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That said, let me try to give you a 2 minute summary of what you need to look out for:

    1) DSLR is a big step forward. So think wisely when you spend on your budget. Things you will need for starters when getting a DSLR
    - DSLR camera with a lens. (suggest you get a kit that comes with a lens)
    - Dry cabinate (runs around 108 for a 30L one)
    - Protective/UV filter for your lens
    - Camera bag
    - Blower and lenspen (cleaning kit)
    - A stable tripod (free ones usually cannot cut it)

    2) Think careful of the brand of DSLR. You will be buying into the entire system, not just the camera itself.
    - Nikon and Canon are the 2 big brands. Generally more expensive but tons of lenses and fellow users. Good entry level models: Nikon D5000 (I suggest stepping up to D90), Canon 550D.
    - Pentax has been making cameras for a long time, good lens collection, especially the ultra flat and ultra small but very good quality Limited pancake lenses. The Pentax K-x is currently the best bang for the buck. Cheap, but performs exceptionally well (winning the best entry level camera of the year), even better than some higher end cameras. Pentax offers image stabilization in the camera body.
    - Sony Alpha is up and coming as well. Formerly named Konica-Minolta, the division is sold to Sony and became Alpha. Sony offers image stabilization in the camera body also. Price point is between Pentax and the big N&C. Very good cameras to consider are A500 and A550

    3) For all these cameras, you can get 3rd party lenses from Tokina, Sigma and Tamron which are pretty good as well. Just read the reviews online to determine if the specific lens is good and/or popular.

    Note: Nikon has a few kinds of lenses available for sale now. The 2 main ones are AF-D and AF-S. D5000 will not be able to focus with AF-D lenses. Many lenses now are AF-S now, but some of the very good lenses are still on AF-D. So if you do decide to go Nikon, I suggest you step up to a D90 instead, so it will be able to use both AF-D and AF-S lenses.

    If you ask me what would I buy now if I am starting new? I will get the Pentax Kx. btw, I am currently a nikon user, if you are interested to know.
    Think this is very good advise but to add on the portion on getting the things you need to get with a DSLR. Please do a check on the very useful price guide in this forum.

    Do not be like me compared across many shops for the camera and lens but missed out on the filter and tripod. Because some sales people will "eat" you on the smaller items after giving you discount on the big items. Or sell you something that will degrade your photos after you have spend 1000++ getting better tools

    An example from personal experience. I was sold a vitacon filter for $12 with my kit lens and camera. But I have tested and verified that using a $30 Hoya UV[0] filter makes a difference.

    In summary. When buying smaller items try to stick to the know brands and refer to the price guide in CS. Hope it is useful
    Canon 1000D | efs 18 - 55 IS | efs 55 - 250 IS | ef 35 f2.0 | ef 85 f1.8 | nissin di622

  11. #31

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Outdated? Toy?

    Pentax Kx and Sony A500, and D90, D300s, all uses the same sensor as the one in your D5000. So you still think it is outdated?

    I still see people shooting professional images using D70, which is by your standards, super duper outdated and a lousy old toy.

    IMHO, most of us will not push the barrier on our current cams. We will be already very good if we are able to push our cameras to 95% of its potential. Stop having gear envy, pixel peeping and go out and shoot.
    Same sensor, but there are other things that are different. It's outdated in terms of movie, sorry didn't make that clear...

    And I didn't say toys can't produce nice photos...Just that I don't like not having an AF motor because AF-S lenses are more expensive.

  12. #32
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    In defense and to add on:

    D5000 has very good ergonomics. It is NOT outdated. Still a good camera. Only thing to watch out for is the lack of focus motor, which means only manual focus for AFD lenses.

    Canon 550D is a solid new entrant. Canon has a very very wide range of lenses. Some are very expensive though (L). Watch out for the weaker kit lens that typically comes with Canon's entry level cams.

    Pentax Kx offers one of the best high ISO noise performance in cropped (non FF) cameras now, and it costs so little. The kit lens is also one of the most exceptional offered in the industry. Thing to watch out for is the lack of visible AF points. Higher end models of Pentax has very very strong weather sealing (think, rinsing the camera under running tap is ok). Pentax cameras are also all compatible with older Pentax film SLR lenses.

    Sony Alpha cameras are compatible with older Minolta lenses (good and cheap). Sony is actually the manufacturer of Sensors for brands like Nikon and Pentax. So the sensor in the Sony A500, Nikon's D90 D5000 D300, and Pentax's K-x are all the same sensor made by Sony. Sony's strength is in Liveview, where the AF is blazing fast. Sony also uses a different approach to liveview. LV is actually achieved using another sensor inside the viewfinder. So the actual photographic sensor is not used for Liveview.
    Support these models, except that KX having no AF indication is really the biggest problem on this otherwise wonderful many features in 1 small yet cheap DSLR. I tried the KX and the lack of AF indication really not very fun
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Same sensor, but there are other things that are different. It's outdated in terms of movie, sorry didn't make that clear...

    And I didn't say toys can't produce nice photos...Just that I don't like not having an AF motor because AF-S lenses are more expensive.
    In terms of a lacking AF motor, it is a lacking feature. Nothing to do with outdated. You bought the model targeted at a different segment of the market. You got better and now feel restricted. Well, not the camera's fault. You did not plan/research well enough.

    The movie mode was not as good due to horizontal scanning (jello effect). But I would hesitate to call it being outdated. It is just not a good execution of the movie feature.

    And about the term "toy", ask any older professional still shooting with D70, if they think their D70 are toys. They are making some serious cash using that tool. The same camera in a professional's hands becomes a tool. And in some people's hands becomes a toy. Tells you a lot about the person holding the cam right? Your inability to do the same with your more advanced D5000 doesn't make the camera a toy. It just makes you less capable than those guys. You want to see a toy, go look at the plastic lomo cams.

    BTW, D70 has no movie mode... *gasp*
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th June 2010 at 11:06 AM.

  14. #34
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Support these models, except that KX having no AF indication is really the biggest problem on this otherwise wonderful many features in 1 small yet cheap DSLR. I tried the KX and the lack of AF indication really not very fun
    Yes, quite a pity with the lack of AF points. It is one thing I need a lot.

    But I never had to make that decision. Never did had a real choice, since my family has committed to Nikon system since the 70s. So it makes sense for me to follow, and save some serious dough on lenses.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th June 2010 at 11:07 AM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    In terms of a lacking AF motor, it is a lacking feature. Nothing to do with outdated.

    The movie mode was not as good due to horizontal scanning (jello effect). But I would hesitate to call it being outdated. It is just not a good execution of the movie feature.

    And about the term "toy", ask any older professional still shooting with D70, if they think their D70 are toys. They are making some serious cash using that tool. The same camera in a professional's hands becomes a tool. And in some people's hands becomes a toy. Tells you a lot about the person holding the cam right? Your inability to do the same with your more advanced D5000 doesn't make the camera a toy. It just makes you less capable than those guys. You want to see a toy, go look at the plastic lomo cams.

    BTW, D70 has no movie mode... *gasp*

    yup...even newer entry levels by nikon to be announced wud most likely be without AF screw I suspect...it's to handicap...not to diminish the dslr as toys and target buyers only from age 3-12 years. If you haven't seen some nice photos taken using D5K, you can take a look: http://www.bryanjeanphotography.com/todaybryan.pdf
    Think Bryan F kit is on CS also...
    (definitely better than some lousy pg using the DX king D300S)

    Lomo cams are toys, really...haha...I take videos using my compact/handphone..haha..not a video guy...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Not to forget the Panasonic G1. It is an SLR, and I saw it for sale at Mustafa for only $864. It is smaller, and uses the 4/3rds lens. This is a cheap and easy way to start getting used to shooting in an "SLR" (albeit smaller) format. The 12megapixels are more than enough for you to print 8x10 blowups.

    I's say check this one out first. And with the rest of the $447, go buy another lens (like the 45-150mm) which only costs around $300 or so on the net.

    As a piece of advise, go try holding the camera, and see for yourself. No need to be Kiasu and choose Brand X vs Brand Y. At the end of the day, it's the photographer who makes the images. Not the camera.

    I can give you the TOP-of-the-line Mamiya RZ 36Megapixel medium Format beast, but would it improve your image taking any one bit? Higher resolutions only make your mistakes easier to see. Go back to basics. Start with a small, and cheap kit. Then move up, when your Kiasu instincts "bite you in the butt"...

    Just my two Baht

  17. #37
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes, quite a pity with the lack of AF points. It is one thing I need a lot.
    new user might be able to get used to this though, but not ppl like you and I
    feels insecure not to know which af bracket is selected...

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    But I never had to make that decision. Never did had a real choice, since my family has committed to Nikon system since the 70s. So it makes sense for me to follow, and save some serious dough on lenses.
    I really think this is the way to do business in photography..haha..Nikon really gives confidence in pg to invest in their glass... it would be bad if the auto focus lens you buy today would be obsoletted by different mounts after 15-20 years.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    How about Sony NEX? It has a sensor as big as these DSLRs but it is very compact.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    In terms of a lacking AF motor, it is a lacking feature. Nothing to do with outdated. You bought the model targeted at a different segment of the market. You got better and now feel restricted. Well, not the camera's fault. You did not plan/research well enough.

    The movie mode was not as good due to horizontal scanning (jello effect). But I would hesitate to call it being outdated. It is just not a good execution of the movie feature.

    And about the term "toy", ask any older professional still shooting with D70, if they think their D70 are toys. They are making some serious cash using that tool. The same camera in a professional's hands becomes a tool. And in some people's hands becomes a toy. Tells you a lot about the person holding the cam right? Your inability to do the same with your more advanced D5000 doesn't make the camera a toy. It just makes you less capable than those guys. You want to see a toy, go look at the plastic lomo cams.

    BTW, D70 has no movie mode... *gasp*
    I think we are missing the point here. The TS is not a professional photographer. Giving advice to a photographer is different from giving advice to a typical consumer. A typical consumer looks for more features in a camera than anything else. They will naturally want something with the latest technology and at the cheapest price.

    Saying that a D70 is good is true for photographers, but typical consumers prefer to play around with their cameras rather than concentrate on producing stunning photos to sell. You can tell them a D40 can produce very nice photos (which I know it can, since I used one before), but they will get frustrated soon over the 3 AF points, the lack of movie mode etc, even if they don't need anything more.

    Thus having more features would be one of the main selling points when targeting consumers. Having a decent video mode like the one GH1 or 550D has is definitely fun and can make a difference if they decide to do a little video, of say the kids playing, running around etc. I'm not saying the D5000 can't do that, but when you compare it to more capable cameras in the same price range, it pales in comparison.

    So, since consumers demand more features over functionality, I think it is reasonable to say that the D5000 is slightly outdated and lacking in features, especially in terms of video mode. If the TS really wanted a camera that can produce good photos, even a D40 or a 350D can do it.

    Having said that, the D5000 doesn't suck that much. It's easy for beginners to use, especially when shooting kids, where 3D tracking comes in very handy when one is new to AI Servo/AF-C or whatever the other brands call it. The visible AF point is also a nice feature (you can see very clearly which AF point is selected - something my friend using Canon is always jealous about ).

  20. #40
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Need recommendation for a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I think we are missing the point here. The TS is not a professional photographer. Giving advice to a photographer is different from giving advice to a typical consumer. A typical consumer looks for more features in a camera than anything else. They will naturally want something with the latest technology and at the cheapest price.

    Saying that a D70 is good is true for photographers, but typical consumers prefer to play around with their cameras rather than concentrate on producing stunning photos to sell. You can tell them a D40 can produce very nice photos (which I know it can, since I used one before), but they will get frustrated soon over the 3 AF points, the lack of movie mode etc, even if they don't need anything more.

    Thus having more features would be one of the main selling points when targeting consumers. Having a decent video mode like the one GH1 or 550D has is definitely fun and can make a difference if they decide to do a little video, of say the kids playing, running around etc. I'm not saying the D5000 can't do that, but when you compare it to more capable cameras in the same price range, it pales in comparison.

    So, since consumers demand more features over functionality, I think it is reasonable to say that the D5000 is slightly outdated and lacking in features, especially in terms of video mode. If the TS really wanted a camera that can produce good photos, even a D40 or a 350D can do it.

    Having said that, the D5000 doesn't suck that much. It's easy for beginners to use, especially when shooting kids, where 3D tracking comes in very handy when one is new to AI Servo/AF-C or whatever the other brands call it. The visible AF point is also a nice feature (you can see very clearly which AF point is selected - something my friend using Canon is always jealous about ).
    I agree with most of your points here. But I believe you are the one missing my point, that the D5k is not a toy. It is capable of producing professional level photographs that can sell for money. I would never call it a toy like you did.

    I am not a professional as well. And I consider myself a consumer. I also like to play with my cameras but the focus of my hobby is to create stunning photographs. I am not sure about you personally, but I think many people would like to produce stunning photographs as well, especially if the hobby is called "photography".

    Your case about calling outdated is in all about perception. It might appear outdated to the noobie buyer, but in the right hands, the camera can be better than sliced bread.

    Like I said, 3 AF points, 51 AF points, movie mode. These are all feature offerings. It has nothing to do with being outdated. At the point when you buy your D5000, you know very well that it has no in-body AF motor. And at that time D90 has it. But you consciously went ahead and got the D5000. Has it anything to do with being outdated? No. You chose a camera with a smaller feature set. 2nd point. At the point ou bought the D5000, was it a toy? No, it was, and still is, capable of capturing professional images. So since D5k has less AF points and no inbody AF motor, is it more outdated, or more of a toy than the D80? Well, D80 has no movie mode. So which is more outdated? What happens when you compare the D5k to the D90? D90 is rumored to be replaced soon. No news on D5k now. So which is more outdated?

    I know TS is not a professional. But neither do you understand TS's needs totally. Can you read minds? It might be the case that the TS might be looking for the best video recording performance on a DSLR, but there is an equal chance that TS might only care about still pictures. In the end it is about needs. And different camera models from different brands all have a niche to fulfill a certain set of needs. Calling a specific model a toy is just simply taking it too far.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th June 2010 at 12:10 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •