Thread: How often do you charge your batteries?

Default How often do you charge your batteries?

Hi,

i'm sure the people in CS have lots of batteries for their DSLRs, video camcorders, nimh AA batteries for flash / digicam, etc etc...

How do you people keep up with charging all of your batteries?

Of course for those devices that are used daily, you charge them daily. E.g. Handphone... But what about for those devices that you use only once a while? How often would you remember to charge them?

Especially for those nimh batteries, you could have so many sets of 4. How to ensure all/most your batteries are charged?

ummm... well... like the manual said... once u finish charging them and if u dun use them for long time, leave te batteries out... that way minimum loss of power... it works... at least for me i guess...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Eh, my batteries die off within a week.. i think it's the ions in the air around my place..

i guess better put in dry cabinet or something... dunno y leh... but probably because bkk air dryer than s'pore so maybe might affect... dunno... well, kfeng, i can probably say that when the battery is out of juice just charge it... that's the prob with dslr...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

I'll do a fresh charge when I need them. ALso, I generally keep batteries in cases.

is it better to keep their ends in contact with some metal or is it better to leave them ions stagnent? i forgot my physics..

btw, do u think its because of humidity? my batteries seem to run for lesser time on full charge when on normal use in s'pore than in thailand...

i have a feeling it's humidity.. because humidity means high level of water droplets in the air.. meaning ions will be more susceptible to being "carried away" ? I can't rem my physics.. dang.. should have been more serious with my studies.. hahahaha

haha... well... i do think so too... can't explain it either... well... maybe if we just keep snapping and let the battery lose its juice it wouldn't really be a waste of electricity bills... would it?

i got a set that's being used an a set that's emptied and put in the charger.

after i've used the freshly charged set for a few days i'll start to charge the set in the charger. if the current set still holds, i'll bring the charged set around as backup once the current one empties if i'm out.

that way ie i'll be on a fresh set or partially used set + freshly charged set in reserve.

once the partially used set empties. restart the cycle