Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup subscription protest

Default Re: World Cup subscription protest

i see no point in protesting also, if too expensive dont apply. other countries like malaysia, taiwan, hongkong are protesting over political issues and here we are protesting over World Cup. It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Exactly. It's not Starhub/Singtel's fault.
    That's correct ... but our gov have already give a "green light"to show FREE the all live matches in the CC ... the question is ,

NO WC make noise . now got WC also make noise ... what more that they want

Is it really FIFA's fault and not the telco?
    Telco did bid an 8 fig sum for the EPL, if you're FIFA and knew about this, would you not ask for higher that that? This is business for FIFA. Just like photography, if you as the photographer knew that your client paid a 4 fig sum for their last event shoot, would you shoot for peanuts for their next event which is a even bigger event ( both events being equal, commericial and money making event ) bearing in mind that you're running a business?
    So, is it really FIFA's fault?

Did anyone think why other countries can have free screening of all matches but not cash rich SG?

Did the 2 telcos scre* up at the start and waited too long and too late to do a join bid causing them to lost marketing opportunities for advertising $$$ during the screening?

Singtel and Starhub will most likely loss $ for the world cup, I have a feeling that they will recover the losses from "other sources" as they have to keep their shareholders happy. Let's see the respond when that happen.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by dafansu View Post
    i see no point in protesting also, if too expensive dont apply. other countries like malaysia, taiwan, hongkong are protesting over political issues and here we are protesting over World Cup. It's a joke
    if there's local political issues worth protecting ........... I'm sure many will protest but till than, other issues of general interest will get "protest time"
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Telco did bid an 8 fig sum for the EPL, if you're FIFA and knew about this, would you not ask for higher that that? This is business for FIFA. Just like photography, if you as the photographer knew that your client paid a 4 fig sum for their last event shoot, would you shoot for peanuts for their next event which is a even bigger event ( both events being equal, commericial and money making event ) bearing in mind that you're running a business?

Did anyone think why other countries can have free screening of all matches but not cash rich SG?

Did the 2 telcos scre* up at the start and waited too long and too late to do a join bid causing them to lost marketing opportunities for advertising $$$ during the screening?

Singtel and Starhub will most likely loss $ for the world cup, I have a feeling that they will recover the losses from "other sources" as they have to keep their shareholders happy. Let's see the respond when that happen.
    yup... becos of the BPL bidding war which singtel won, greedy FIFA will of course ask for more moolah... cos they know that telco is willing to pay and singapore gahmen will lose face if singapore does not get to see the WC....

Blog Entries

I really must thank the 2 telcos ........ my wife thinks its ridiculous to pay 3 times more vs the last World Cup..... so SHE..... not me....... have refused to pay for the telecast

Therefore, She has given me permission to go out at night to watch the matches Live ..... Yahoo !!!!

I really prefer watching football in a crowd ...... still remember the World Cup when it was in Korea and Japan .......... that was a LOOoooonnnnngggg 1 month party almost every afternoon and evening
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Therefore, She has given me permission to go out at night to watch the matches Live ..... Yahoo !!!!
    I'll be in Paulaner quite often.... You?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    I really prefer watching football in a crowd ...... still remember the World Cup when it was in Korea and Japan .......... that was a LOOoooonnnnngggg 1 month party almost every afternoon and evening
    Anyone still remember watching the 'live' matches being shown on the then giant screen outside Liat Towers at Orchard Rd? Damn memorable sia with the large crowds....remember the England vs Brazil match best.

my point of view too. it all started with the ridiculous bidding war for screening the EPL. so business is business. if i think you can pay so much for something previously, then surely you can pay it now.

how to recover? sell the iPhone 4 at high price too and not allow existing customer to upgrade. if they want to upgrade... pay full price.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    my point of view too. it all started with the ridiculous bidding war for screening the EPL. so business is business. if i think you can pay so much for something previously, then surely you can pay it now.

how to recover? sell the iPhone 4 at high price too and not allow existing customer to upgrade. if they want to upgrade... pay full price.
    No sure but just I'm sure they will think of something and will give reason as raising cost, ............ standard coc* and bull story

really, got meh?

uk not free leh. at least not for private viewing at home.

the only thing that comes close involves buying a set box.... which means it isn't free...
    Last edited by night86mare; 8th June 2010 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Its ridiculous. If you love football so much to make a protest, I can't see why you can't pay $90 to watch it over 5 weeks. Its not going to change anything.
    chicks love dudes with a passion.

it's so hot to see that young guy there waving his placard, etc..

plus hey, YOU'VE GOT A PURPOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    really, got meh?

uk not free leh. at least not for private viewing at home.

the only thing that comes close involves buying a set box.... which means it isn't free...
    some countries are free like someone who posted here that Malaysia is screening it for free

some countries are free like someone who posted here that Malaysia is screening it for free
    is it? which channel? are they screening the games live of delayed?

i also heard that Indonesia is screening free too...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipmonger View Post
    was watching RTM1 (TV1) the other day, and during an ad break, the channel was displaying the schedule of the matches to be shown either on TV1 or TV2. I cant believe that these 2 free to air channels are going to show all the games!!! Initially, i had thought that Astro had secured the rights to telecast the matches.

so, there might be hope for those who have not subscribed to Starhub or Mio, and are contemplating watching the games at CCs, kopitiams and pubs.

the only potential problem i foresee is that the matches might be "censored" by RTM or Starhub/Mio. (for those in Singapore)

i guess we'll only know when the time comes

Posted in end of pg 1 here

*cough* online streaming *cough*

excellent for cc to screen matches live. wait GOV oso got hidden cost, no outside food allowed, must buy from them. best screen in 3D need to rent specs lol.

Now i only like to know how much lost the two telco suffered once everything settles in 1 month time. Like to know they didnt manage to break even! that will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by peterchan777888 View Post
    excellent for cc to screen matches live. wait GOV oso got hidden cost, no outside food allowed, must buy from them. best screen in 3D need to rent specs lol.

Now i only like to know how much lost the two telco suffered once everything settles in 1 month time. Like to know they didnt manage to break even! that will be great!
    If they loss money in world cup they will just "recover" it from other service like the new iPhone 4G They do this even when their annual turnover are making millions and millions but they felt that it is not enough. What to do? we are the ones who end up paying for the mistake of some clown so in this sense, I think this protest is good.

What other hang outs are there for watching WC?

If they loss money in world cup they will just "recover" it from other service like the new iPhone 4G They do this even when their annual turnover are making millions and millions but they felt that it is not enough. What to do? we are the ones who end up paying for the mistake of some clown so in this sense, I think this protest is good.
    They don't make much money from the iPhone 4G I'm sure. Apple can practically charge what they want. I'm sure they lose money from every mobile phone they sell and over the long term earn it back from the subscriptions. But that'll take a while.

Just because they lose money in the world cup doesn't mean they can just make it back from other things. Wouldn't that just mean all customers are paying for the world cup? That's just terrible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast