Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

Default Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

Hi, just wondering, how many fellow CSer do actually wear spectacle? Will it affect you when it comes to photography?

For me, I am wearing spectacle and it's hindering me when I look into the viewfinder cos I cant keep my eyes as close to the viewfinder as possible. Was thinking of putting contact. Feel free to share your experience or thoughts

Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

Lasik for the hardcore photographer

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Lasik for the hardcore photographer
    wah...till that extend..that's really hardcore.

Blog Entries

Sometimes i wear my specs when i dun feel like wearing contacts but i never felt like its a hinderance to me

I am wearing specs during my shoots.
    I think i get used to it liao... Guess its 习惯就好. When thing are happening fast around me i don have time to think about my specs...

Only thing is tat i have to do is to clean the Lens on my specs whenever i have a break from the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Sometimes i wear my specs when i dun feel like wearing contacts but i never felt like its a hinderance to me
    Haha that's nice to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfoo View Post
    I am wearing specs during my shoots.
    I think i get used to it liao... Guess its 习惯就好. When thing are happening fast around me i don have time to think about my specs...

Only thing is tat i have to do is to clean the Lens on my specs whenever i have a break from the shoot.

True true. Agreed with you, 习惯就好.

it will become a hindrance if you keep thinking that you are hindered because you are wearing specs and cos of it you cannot take good photos. Else, its nothing.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

spectacle is still ok ...

i think cok-eyes or colour blind is more of a hindrance
    always the Light, .... always.

no, since when

I don't wear glasses when I shoot.

The other day I lost a new pair of glasses because of that. I think it must have dropped out of my pocket.

I think Nikon used to produce a high eye point camera for those who wear glasses.

Once I saw a pro with glasses covering the side of his camera when he focused. The video light from the side must have bothered him as there was a gap between the eye, the glasses and the viewfinder.

I would say definitely it is a bother to me.

Not much of a bother.. helps to prevent my face from coming into contact with the camera as well, so it wont be coated with perspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapForPassion View Post
    Hi, just wondering, how many fellow CSer do actually wear spectacle? Will it affect you when it comes to photography?

For me, I am wearing spectacle and it's hindering me when I look into the viewfinder cos I cant keep my eyes as close to the viewfinder as possible. Was thinking of putting contact. Feel free to share your experience or thoughts
    Maybe using live view would help?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe using live view would help?
    burns battery like free. shooting 3 hours on liveview is like 1 battery gone. my 1 batt can last more than a week if nto liveview

Quote Originally Posted by ChengB View Post
    Not much of a bother.. helps to prevent my face from coming into contact with the camera as well, so it wont be coated with perspiration.
    For some who wear glasses looking at the edges and corners of the photo inside the viewfinder may be more difficult because the eyes are further away from it.

For some who wear glasses looking at the edges and corners of the photo inside the viewfinder may be more difficult because the eyes are further away from it.
    Ya, exactly. And sometimes if shoot under the sun, sunlight will reflect on the spectacle and flare can be seen at the spectacle lens when looking at the viewfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapForPassion View Post
    Ya, exactly. And sometimes if shoot under the sun, sunlight will reflect on the spectacle and flare can be seen at the spectacle lens when looking at the viewfinder.
    Have you tried to shoot without eyeglasses? Of course this may be dangerous for some whose eyesight is really poor.

I've noticed another photographer in our camera club did the same thing as me. He took off his eyeglasses when shooting.

Of course when we shoot XMM we wear glasses so that we don't mistaken her for a tree.

Have you tried to shoot without eyeglasses? Of course this may be dangerous for some whose eyesight is really poor.

I've noticed another photographer in our camera club did the same thing as me. He took off his eyeglasses when shooting.

Of course when we shoot XMM we wear glasses so that we don't mistaken her for a tree.
    If you adjust the camera diopter so that you can shoot without eyeglasses, then when you stop wearing your eyeglasses you have to adjust the diopter back again. I am too forgetful for that, especially when shooting. I find eyeglasses a pain, but one that I have gotten so accustomed to that does not bother me any more. Rather than lasik or contact lenses, I prefer staying with eyeglasses.

-- marios

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    If you adjust the camera diopter so that you can shoot without eyeglasses, then when you stop wearing your eyeglasses you have to adjust the diopter back again. I am too forgetful for that, especially when shooting. I find eyeglasses a pain, but one that I have gotten so accustomed to that does not bother me any more. Rather than lasik or contact lenses, I prefer staying with eyeglasses.

-- marios
    I think if you wear this type of eyeglasses you're going to have problems with a camera.

I did tried shoot without glasses but kind of hard.

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post

-- marios
    I see. thats really helpful

I think if you wear this type of eyeglasses you're going to have problems with a camera.

LOL! Is that you in the picture?

Well if I dont wear specs, then everything I see will be like using a f1.4 lense not focused properly so I think it's a necessary hinderance. xD
    Footprints Photography - Providing photography and videography services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast