Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

  1. #1

    Default Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Hi, just wondering, how many fellow CSer do actually wear spectacle? Will it affect you when it comes to photography?

    For me, I am wearing spectacle and it's hindering me when I look into the viewfinder cos I cant keep my eyes as close to the viewfinder as possible. Was thinking of putting contact. Feel free to share your experience or thoughts

  2. #2

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Lasik for the hardcore photographer

  3. #3

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Lasik for the hardcore photographer
    wah...till that extend..that's really hardcore.

  4. #4
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Sometimes i wear my specs when i dun feel like wearing contacts but i never felt like its a hinderance to me

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kluang, Johore, Msia & Spore
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    I am wearing specs during my shoots.
    I think i get used to it liao... Guess its 习惯就好. When thing are happening fast around me i don have time to think about my specs...

    Only thing is tat i have to do is to clean the Lens on my specs whenever i have a break from the shoot.


  6. #6

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    Sometimes i wear my specs when i dun feel like wearing contacts but i never felt like its a hinderance to me
    Haha that's nice to hear that

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfoo View Post
    I am wearing specs during my shoots.
    I think i get used to it liao... Guess its 习惯就好. When thing are happening fast around me i don have time to think about my specs...

    Only thing is tat i have to do is to clean the Lens on my specs whenever i have a break from the shoot.

    True true. Agreed with you, 习惯就好.

  7. #7
    Member BlueBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    it will become a hindrance if you keep thinking that you are hindered because you are wearing specs and cos of it you cannot take good photos. Else, its nothing.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

  8. #8

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    spectacle is still ok ...

    i think cok-eyes or colour blind is more of a hindrance
    always the Light, .... always.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    no, since when

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    I don't wear glasses when I shoot.

    The other day I lost a new pair of glasses because of that. I think it must have dropped out of my pocket.

    I think Nikon used to produce a high eye point camera for those who wear glasses.

    Once I saw a pro with glasses covering the side of his camera when he focused. The video light from the side must have bothered him as there was a gap between the eye, the glasses and the viewfinder.

    I would say definitely it is a bother to me.

  11. #11
    Member ChengB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Not much of a bother.. helps to prevent my face from coming into contact with the camera as well, so it wont be coated with perspiration.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapForPassion View Post
    Hi, just wondering, how many fellow CSer do actually wear spectacle? Will it affect you when it comes to photography?

    For me, I am wearing spectacle and it's hindering me when I look into the viewfinder cos I cant keep my eyes as close to the viewfinder as possible. Was thinking of putting contact. Feel free to share your experience or thoughts
    Maybe using live view would help?

  13. #13
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe using live view would help?
    burns battery like free. shooting 3 hours on liveview is like 1 battery gone. my 1 batt can last more than a week if nto liveview

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChengB View Post
    Not much of a bother.. helps to prevent my face from coming into contact with the camera as well, so it wont be coated with perspiration.
    For some who wear glasses looking at the edges and corners of the photo inside the viewfinder may be more difficult because the eyes are further away from it.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    For some who wear glasses looking at the edges and corners of the photo inside the viewfinder may be more difficult because the eyes are further away from it.
    Ya, exactly. And sometimes if shoot under the sun, sunlight will reflect on the spectacle and flare can be seen at the spectacle lens when looking at the viewfinder.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapForPassion View Post
    Ya, exactly. And sometimes if shoot under the sun, sunlight will reflect on the spectacle and flare can be seen at the spectacle lens when looking at the viewfinder.
    Have you tried to shoot without eyeglasses? Of course this may be dangerous for some whose eyesight is really poor.

    I've noticed another photographer in our camera club did the same thing as me. He took off his eyeglasses when shooting.

    Of course when we shoot XMM we wear glasses so that we don't mistaken her for a tree.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Have you tried to shoot without eyeglasses? Of course this may be dangerous for some whose eyesight is really poor.

    I've noticed another photographer in our camera club did the same thing as me. He took off his eyeglasses when shooting.

    Of course when we shoot XMM we wear glasses so that we don't mistaken her for a tree.
    If you adjust the camera diopter so that you can shoot without eyeglasses, then when you stop wearing your eyeglasses you have to adjust the diopter back again. I am too forgetful for that, especially when shooting. I find eyeglasses a pain, but one that I have gotten so accustomed to that does not bother me any more. Rather than lasik or contact lenses, I prefer staying with eyeglasses.

    -- marios

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    If you adjust the camera diopter so that you can shoot without eyeglasses, then when you stop wearing your eyeglasses you have to adjust the diopter back again. I am too forgetful for that, especially when shooting. I find eyeglasses a pain, but one that I have gotten so accustomed to that does not bother me any more. Rather than lasik or contact lenses, I prefer staying with eyeglasses.

    -- marios
    I think if you wear this type of eyeglasses you're going to have problems with a camera.


  19. #19

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Have you tried to shoot without eyeglasses? Of course this may be dangerous for some whose eyesight is really poor.

    I've noticed another photographer in our camera club did the same thing as me. He took off his eyeglasses when shooting.

    Of course when we shoot XMM we wear glasses so that we don't mistaken her for a tree.
    I did tried shoot without glasses but kind of hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    If you adjust the camera diopter so that you can shoot without eyeglasses, then when you stop wearing your eyeglasses you have to adjust the diopter back again. I am too forgetful for that, especially when shooting. I find eyeglasses a pain, but one that I have gotten so accustomed to that does not bother me any more. Rather than lasik or contact lenses, I prefer staying with eyeglasses.

    -- marios
    I see. thats really helpful

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think if you wear this type of eyeglasses you're going to have problems with a camera.

    LOL! Is that you in the picture?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Spectacle, a hindrance to photographer?

    Well if I dont wear specs, then everything I see will be like using a f1.4 lense not focused properly so I think it's a necessary hinderance. xD
    Footprints Photography - Providing photography and videography services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •