Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who happy TK Foto open shop at Funan?

Default Re: Who happy TK Foto open shop at Funan?

Prefer the new place. The old place is dark and quiet.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I've bought from TK Foto, and was happy. The gentleman was helpful. I'll check the receipt for his name. I just remember that he wears a nice watch :P
    I particularly liked it because it was on the way to Fotohub, so I stopped by on my way to drop off some film.

However, I called up on the phone a few weeks ago, but it was difficult to understand the man on the phone, so he had to repeat himself a few times

Their new location would be more convenient for me as I used to walk to their shop from Funan anyway.
    I guess you are referring to Philip. I like his watch too (think its a Panerai). Generally, their service level is acceptable.

Was checking out the shop yesterday and attended by a Malay middle-aged man. I was generally happy with the svc though I didn't buy anything but I was a bit put off when I requested to see a 500D being placed in the bag (sometimes u just need to see for yourself mah) and when the Malay man asked the other salesman (dunno name), the man just said, sure can fit but didn't want to entertain by taking out the camera just let me see2. =_=
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Was checking out the shop yesterday and attended by a Malay middle-aged man. I was generally happy with the svc though I didn't buy anything but I was a bit put off when I requested to see a 500D being placed in the bag (sometimes u just need to see for yourself mah) and when the Malay man asked the other salesman (dunno name), the man just said, sure can fit but didn't want to entertain by taking out the camera just let me see2. =_=
    Urm... can understand mah... the next person who buys that cam may have to cope with fine cloth fibers from inside the bag (unless the camera is properly cleaned, which can be quite irritating to get completely dust-free)... now you'd like to be that customer? You should have brought your own 500D right?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th July 2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Urm... can understand mah... the next person who buys that cam may have to cope with fine cloth fibers from inside the bag (unless the camera is properly cleaned, which can be quite irritating to get completely dust-free)... now you'd like to be that customer? You should have brought your own 500D right?
    Haha... This one lunchtime leh... Anw, don't they have a display set or sthg? Or even can put in 550D display set lor...
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Haha... This one lunchtime leh... Anw, don't they have a display set or sthg? Or even can put in 550D display set lor...
    Wah, you work pretty nearby isit? Go Funan for lunch? Watchout for tenacity of BBB virus!

Don't think they have any DSLR display sets - the reputation of the cams precede themselves. Anyway, I don't think they would do that - too many customers there already - if see you take one out for "test drive" and then put it back - word will get around. LOL

The one place I know that might let you do just that maybe one on a higher floor...

Go borrow one from Courts loh.. (use your super seductive charm - just make sure not female sales person - got one hor!)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkspin View Post
    I guess you are referring to Philip. I like his watch too (think its a Panerai). Generally, their service level is acceptable.
    That's the watch!! Thanks!!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    That's the watch!! Thanks!!
    Saw the watch too... Nice watch... He must have spare cash to buy it...
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

i prefer to go their shop especially on Mon 11am, nobody, all working.. thus more service and chit chat
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Telling people about BBB virus, yet I succumbed to it earlier today... New shipment of Sirui tripods just came in...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi R View Post
    Saw the watch too... Nice watch... He must have spare cash to buy it...
    Not cheap man, even with a second hand one I could probably buy one or two of the nikon trinities...

it means, business is good can afford good watch
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I'm not happy. TK used to be my playground, now unlikely I will go back already.
    Why the ''used to be'' and ''unlikely''?

You suffered grieves? CAre to share?

TK foto change place? no wonder i went to shaw tower last few week back can't find the shop anymore...... T.T

Sorry for digging out this old thread.

Anyone knows the new phone no at Funan and if Richard is still there?

I'm a new customer of TKphoto...the guy that I met is none of those you people have mentioned - David. I dunno is their service consider good or not and of course there are a few more guys that have attended to me but generally speaking, I think the buying experience at TKphoto is better and more consistent compared to other shops.

I've been buying from the other shops for more than a decade and often still have to get them overseas because local were not helpful etc. Like I mention, TKphoto @ Funan does and pose a better alternative for the shops around there be it pricing, service and range of products.

For contact...its on their receipt - 63385905 63387466...dunno can post here or not

Blog Entries

I only started going there since their move to Funan. I found their service to be quite good, especially Phillip who always end up being the one serving me most of the time.

AP is terrible. I've had some not so good experiences with MS. CP has good service, but prices for some products are pricier, but some are cheaper. And I really like OP. I also like SLRR a lot.

....great service, my thinktank chimp cage zipper got stuck and I forcibly open it, causing the zipper to come off.....they replaced it with a new chimp cage....no question asked....

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I only started going there since their move to Funan. I found their service to be quite good, especially Phillip who always end up being the one serving me most of the time.

AP is terrible. I've had some not so good experiences with MS. CP has good service, but prices for some products are pricier, but some are cheaper. And I really like OP. I also like SLRR a lot.

Of the shops in the vin city of city hall areas, these are the good ones in no particular preference :

t k photo
    Slr revolution, and last but least
    Cathay photo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123