Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who happy TK Foto open shop at Funan?

Default Re: Who happy TK Foto open shop at Funan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    I have had generally bad experiences at the old shop and probably will frequent other shops unless they change their attitudes. YMMV.

The only decent transaction I had was when I was served by one of their younger staff. The older staff come across as arrogant and cold in my opinion.
    Could you fill us in on the details? As your statement alone is pretty vague.

I have 2 good experiences there, served by 2 different person for the 2 times i was there. Neither are like what you have described.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    INteresting why others have reported good service, but you reported they gave you bad service ... interesting.

COuld be the problem was with yourself?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by zelot View Post
    Could you fill us in on the details? As your statement alone is pretty vague.

I have 2 good experiences there, served by 2 different person for the 2 times i was there. Neither are like what you have described.
    First time, I wanted to get a bag. Went in, looked around. The staff didn't approach me even though there were no other customers in the shop. Fair enough, I prefer browsing in peace anyway. I then got interested in one bag (can't remember which one) and asked the lanky old person for assistance. Asked him if it would fit the stuff which I wanted to put in. He replied with an indifferent "don't know, try for yourself". I then proceeded to load the bag up as I had brought along my stuff with me. As I was trying to fit the stuff in, I noticed that he was being impatient and showing a black face. Soon, another customer walked into the shop and he went over immediately to serve him even though there was other available staff at the shop and I was still in the midst of my transaction. I then decided to pack up and get the item from another shop.

Second time, I was there to get a bag too. I chose the bag I wanted, tested it out , brought it to the cashier and was served by a young chap who sold me the bag at a slightly lower price that I had bargained for. I took note from my previous experience and intentionally avoided the lanky old man. The shop was crowded at that point of time, but the service rendered was most definitely decent and there could be no complaints.

I was there for a few other times too to enquire about some miscellaneous photography equipment and I have never found service there to be too pleasing. I understand that being gruff does not constitute bad service, but there is a difference between gruffness and arrogance. I was in my school uniform for most of the trips, so I'll just leave it at that

Like I said, could be due to generation gap. Experiences with their younger staff have been mostly positive. Again, YMMV.
    Last edited by Cartman2000; 8th June 2010 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    James, the young chap right? Yup, he's there alright.
    James is the boss's son.. the boss is Albert
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Nope.

First time, I wanted to get a bag. Went in, looked around. The staff didn't approach me even though there were no other customers in the shop. Fair enough, I prefer browsing in peace anyway. I then got interested in one bag (can't remember which one) and asked the lanky old person for assistance. Asked him if it would fit the stuff which I wanted to put in. He replied with an indifferent "don't know, try for yourself". I then proceeded to load the bag up as I had brought along my stuff with me. As I was trying to fit the stuff in, I noticed that he was being impatient and showing a black face. Soon, another customer walked into the shop and he went over immediately to serve him even though there was other available staff at the shop and I was still in the midst of my transaction. I then decided to pack up and get the item from another shop.

Second time, I was there to get a bag too. I chose the bag I wanted, tested it out , brought it to the cashier and was served by a young chap who sold me the bag at a slightly lower price that I had bargained for. I took note from my previous experience and intentionally avoided the lanky old man. The shop was crowded at that point of time, but the service rendered was most definitely decent and there could be no complaints.

I was there for a few other times too to enquire about some miscellaneous photography equipment and I have never found service there to be too pleasing. I understand that being gruff does not constitute bad service, but there is a difference between gruffness and arrogance. I was in my school uniform for most of the trips, so I'll just leave it at that

Like I said, could be due to generation gap. Experiences with their younger staff have been mostly positive. Again, YMMV.
    I think the one you not happy with is Philip, I myself don't really like him.. speak so soft.. and he doesn't give any comments or advise.

I prefer the young chap, James and his father, Albert, they are better sales person.. gave me a better service and reasonable price..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    James is the boss's son.. the boss is Albert
    I think that goes without saying - but you'll know who are the staff, the boss and the son, or even their spouses just by observing their communication patterns (don't be too obvious or else you'll border on being "rude" ). I don't know who exactly is Albert, but I trust I have an inkling who that might be already.

We have to give and take sometimes.
    Retail/service staff are also human beings with emotion. Staff are not robots and programmed to give 100% all the time. Sometimes they can be sick, have personal or family problems.

They have to face so many different people everyday. I am in the retail business too and I had my fair share of bad and rude customers. Customers have to be understanding too.Service is a 2 way thing.

Hi, I too just bought a bag from TK photo. But I was like in and out of the shop 3 times as I could not decide to buy the bag or not. Think I was hanging around for about 2 hours while waiting for my Mrs at the salon.

First time in, was served by a older salesman, second time another older salesman, and third time in, young salesman. lol...

Eventually bought the bag coz all of them were patient with me, and allow me to slowly zip and unzip the bags even though I was in and out of the shop many times checking the bags out.

Best service award from me goes to the young chap who wear specs most friendly and chatty. But no discount... all say fixed price. . still I am a happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    We have to give and take sometimes.
    Retail/service staff are also human beings with emotion. Staff are not robots and programmed to give 100% all the time. Sometimes they can be sick, have personal or family problems.

They have to face so many different people everyday. I am in the retail business too and I had my fair share of bad and rude customers. Customers have to be understanding too.Service is a 2 way thing.
    I call this "chemistry"... sometimes the chemistry between two parties is just unbalanced, hence the anxiety and frustration arise. Who's right who's wrong - we don't know. Unless we notice the same trend over and over again, in a retail business or sales individual, or even the same customer. If it happens TOO many times witnessed by more than a fair share of customers then something must be wrong... Too bad the reverse isn't the same.

Having said all that, my experiences with TK has been good. I believe I've also spoken to Richard, asking for lens quotes. Nothing bad or out of the ordinary so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    INteresting why others have reported good service, but you reported they gave you bad service ... interesting.

COuld be the problem was with yourself?
    Why would you think the problem is with Cartman?

Had been a customer there since 2004, and I had received varying levels of service from TK.

In general the style of the shop there is a cold, matter of fact, 'want to buy - buy, dont want - nevermind' type, but honest and fair.

I have received the bad 'dont waste my time' attitude from the old tall guy before and yet other times good friendly service from yet the same guy again.

Will be interesting to see if they will grow friendlier at the new location due to closer proximity and competition from established players like J316 and Cathay.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I don't really care about service. When I go to a shop, I usually want to be left alone, be given the authority to ransack their bags and place my gear inside to test, buy if I like, leave if I don't.

Really appreciate that they sell their old stock for cheap. I bought a Think Tank Thin Skin Belt V1 for S$25, 10 bucks off the V2 which I don't need.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBull View Post
    i only miss the cheap parking at their old place....
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    TK used to be my playground,
    I miss the old place. Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    I don't really care about service. When I go to a shop, I usually want to be left alone, be given the authority to ransack their bags and place my gear inside to test, buy if I like, leave if I don't.

Really appreciate that they sell their old stock for cheap. I bought a Think Tank Thin Skin Belt V1 for S$25, 10 bucks off the V2 which I don't need.
    That is a kind of service too. To give what the customer want, which for your case, is freedom to test the product without them shooing you away.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    I miss the old place. Don't know why.
    Because of the building roof top?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Frankly speaking, I like their services. They do provide good services, especially their young sales assistances who on and off helping them. Those having good photography background.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Why would you think the problem is with Cartman?

Had been a customer there since 2004, and I had received varying levels of service from TK.

In general the style of the shop there is a cold, matter of fact, 'want to buy - buy, dont want - nevermind' type, but honest and fair.

I have received the bad 'dont waste my time' attitude from the old tall guy before and yet other times good friendly service from yet the same guy again.

Will be interesting to see if they will grow friendlier at the new location due to closer proximity and competition from established players like J316 and Cathay.
    Nope.

Cartman, seems there are cases like what you have encountered.

hmm~ i have never been served by this person before so i guess try to avoid him unless you know what u want and go in, ask, get the item, pay for it and leave i guess?

Hi, happy if TK foto opens at Funan and happier if more come in under one roof.

Does TK Foto accept CC without any admin fee?

Thanks

I've bought from TK Foto, and was happy. The gentleman was helpful. I'll check the receipt for his name. I just remember that he wears a nice watch :P
    I particularly liked it because it was on the way to Fotohub, so I stopped by on my way to drop off some film.

However, I called up on the phone a few weeks ago, but it was difficult to understand the man on the phone, so he had to repeat himself a few times

Their new location would be more convenient for me as I used to walk to their shop from Funan anyway.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

I think it's a good move.

I've heard lots of things about TK, but I've always been reluctant to go there because they were a little out of the way. Besides, Shaw Tower these days is a bit dead, right?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast