Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My picture is on newspaper.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My picture is on newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by hazta View Post
    Credits aside.

I believe taking someone else's belongings without permission is considered stealing which is a punishable crime by law!
    yep. if not next time someone walk up to that newspaper editor house, hang a tag on his car saying THIS IS THE EDITORS CAR. then drive away

Well... they have a price list here

So I think we at least charge them back the same amount or more...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

what can a small fry do???

but how abt what can a lot of small fry do????

i believe that making such news big big will ultimately make higher authorities take notice.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    what can a small fry do???

but how abt what can a lot of small fry do????

i believe that making such news big big will ultimately make higher authorities take notice.
    How are you gonna stir up the news if they are the ones making the news...??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

wah i just logged on. 6 pages too long to read. how? did the ts get 100,000 for compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    How are you gonna stir up the news if they are the ones making the news...??

after thinking, i give up........ maybe the best way is at speaker corner.

TS, when u go there, let me know, i take picture for you.........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post

after thinking, i give up........ maybe the best way is at speaker corner.

TS, when u go there, let me know, i take picture for you.........
    Unless of course...

we stir up Mediacorp against SPH...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

TS, on a serious tone, you can start a petition, on facebook, and i am sure many of us here will support. After getting some hit, please pray some media people will interview you.............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Taeyeon!

Anyway I'll pledge $10 for your lawyer fees if you do get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timolol View Post
    Taeyeon!

Anyway I'll pledge $10 for your lawyer fees if you do get one.
    Haha Taeyeon lover? Feel so happy to see her in real life.

Btw after reading all your comment I really feel like a member of CS this forum is great man

using a photo without the owner's permission is not acceptable.

Dun give a damn to what they said, just do your best to get what is rightfully yours.

It happened to me too, but not this big la. some macro pics of mine was used to advertised a Macro photography class. I upload it in Multiply and sadly it was my friend who used it w/o asking my permission. Incidently my friend emailed it to me. When I open it and look at it, I realized there is my watermark. Not 1 but 3 pics. It was taken from my multiply by my friend and she gave it to the organization. I contacted her about why she used it w/o my permission and she said she didnt know it was mine. I said thats my nickname and she still defended that it is not. Eventually after few smses and ranting she gave in and apologized. She ask if she needs to pay me, well, I give face to her and said next time dun take people pic w/o permission. After that she scared to check on my multiply. This happens 3 years ago :P

Well, anyway just dun them face. CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM!!
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

just abit of a side question, i believe if they the press win this case, other reporter may follow the footstep and do the same...
    the only things sph did wrongly i guess was "not asking permission first" ... credit i guess they did give bah?
    wat if they tried to contact the copyright owner and unable to get his reply and the pic of the celebrity have to be up on that day(abit like emergency like tat)???
    can we charge them???
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    just abit of a side question, i believe if they the press win this case, other reporter may follow the footstep and do the same...
    the only things sph did wrongly i guess was "not asking permission first" ... credit i guess they did give bah?
    wat if they tried to contact the copyright owner and unable to get his reply and the pic of the celebrity have to be up on that day(abit like emergency like tat)???
    can we charge them???
    urgent or not is their problem.....................
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Anywhere to see the original version?
    I think the copyright act covers having a copy for fair use but I don't read anything about modifying.

Hi,

From what I know Copyright is an international law. Singapore is one of the countries committed that condemns copyright.

I made some check in the past before:-

1) If you took a photo of someone, with permission, the photo is the copyright of the photographer. else, you are infringing into their privacy.

2) If you have posted in some website, read their scripts on your postings.

3) Some websites would have helped you gain some monies for "selling" your photos.

4) Did you delete the photo from your memory card? the EXIF info is there and it would also have your name/camera body...etc. That is one of the strong evidence the photo is yours and taken by you.

I am not sure if getting a legal letter to them would sound feasible. Perhaps someone else have suggested...STOMP ? Let the entire community and all those in Singapore know about it.

On another hand, why did you not limit your photos in facebook to only friends? That would have limited their access.

Send them an invoice with a fee that you feel is fair, and the usage rights that you wish for them to have.

E.g editorial use only and so on. Usually they will settle it pretty quickly and fuss-free.

Also, remember to include the editor in charge of pictures or photos in your email.
    Last edited by Teufelhunden; 4th June 2010 at 09:05 PM.

no sure if he can help Here

无公义,
    没天理,
    青天何在
    HTC DHD rox 非澹泊无以明志, 非宁静无以致远 ☯ ♋ Flickr

TS should fight for it. At least an apology? Taking stuffs without permission is stealing!

What happen "if" my face in one of their photos in "http://www.photobank.com.sg/home.html". What rights do they have to "sell" my picture?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast