Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung EX-1 Review

Blog Entries

Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

PLENTY of replica gun shops in the night markets that use CO2 cartridges and shoots plastic pellets or paintballs ............

One GOOD thing about this articulating LCD is that I'm able to lay the camera flat facing UP towards the ceiling on a table or flat surface with the screen facing UP and just composing and releasing the shutter with the 2sec timer
    (below 3 images ALL shot facing UP DIRECTLY towards the ceiling)

at Max zoom range

at Max zoom range

Last edited by ed9119; 25th June 2010 at 01:27 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

at a tea shop sampling Oolong high mountain tea leaves

Walkeast

Those are terrific photos.
    I have the EX1 on order, and I was wondering if you can enter the camera settings of the pics that you post. Like the ones above. I would really like to know the aperture, shutter speed , and iso of those pics. If there is exif data imbedded, can you tell me how to view the data. I'm not very skilled in that area.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Default I searched and now have Opanda

Now I can see the exif data for the photos. Wow, iso 800 looks really clean.........how much noise removal was done with post processing?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I searched and now have Opanda

Quote Originally Posted by kilgtfish View Post
    .........how much noise removal was done with post processing?
    no noise removal applied ....... ha ha I dont know how to remove/reduce noise
    Walkeast

Default Wow, no noise removal done

Can't wait to test out mine when it gets here. If it produces images this clean at 800 I'll be very happy. Heck, even if they look this good after noise removal in Lightroom I'll be very happy.
    Oh, I was wondering how the external flash with the radio trigger is working for you?
    Even though the camera is good in low light, I still need flash to stop the motion when taking pics of my grand daughter.
    Tom

Default Re: Wow, no noise removal done

Quote Originally Posted by kilgtfish View Post
    Can't wait to test out mine when it gets here. If it produces images this clean at 800 I'll be very happy. Heck, even if they look this good after noise removal in Lightroom I'll be very happy.
    Oh, I was wondering how the external flash with the radio trigger is working for you?
    Even though the camera is good in low light, I still need flash to stop the motion when taking pics of my grand daughter.
    Tom
    im not sure about other triggers, but it doesnt work with my RF-602s (canon)
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

Default Re: Wow, no noise removal done

I wana get this as well. Looks cool.

Default Hey ed9119

Could you post some shots using the PT-04 flash setup. I would like to use a Sunpak 383 super with my EX1. Can't afford the Samsung flash at this time. Does the PT-04 fire the slave flash at the correct time in order to get proper exposures consistently? I have been wondering about how preflashes are treated by that slave setup. Does the flash used on the PT-04 need to be a dedicated type flash with more than one pin?

Blog Entries

i have tried with the PT-04 wireless trigger and it works on the Yangnuo, my old Sunpak and an old Canon Ex270 .....

However, I am away from home and in Taiwan and Hong Kong until next week. Will try to post some when I have the time..... but if you cant wait, go back a couple pages of this thread (Page 5 Post # 89) and have a look at the set up and evidence that it actually triggered

..... and it worked on A, S , M modes
    Last edited by ed9119; 25th June 2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Walkeast

was at JP chellenger today and saw the EX-1 @ $699 with freebies, managed to hold it in my palm and my initial impression was WOW!!

both the top dial is really firm and lock in place unlike LX3 (my own copy).

It feels more like the GRD3 design and the tilting screen is a BIG +++,

Didn't bought it there but will definitely purchased this little gem soon..

meanwhile keep those pics coming for the BBB virus
    YOU are the one who composed & create a masterpiece, better equipment only make the job easier

Oohhhh BTW pls post more casual shoot high ISO pics
    YOU are the one who composed & create a masterpiece, better equipment only make the job easier

Blog Entries

here you go...........

pretty much the same settings and post processing as the night images from last night

ISO 1600 ... set camera on table-top, pointed towards the next table (family having dinner), flipped open the screen, set to 2sec timer
    no flash used

THIS IS PLATINUM service at its best ha ha ha .......... reading glasses installed at a banking counter to help elderly clients fill out banking forms properly ..... Fubon Bank in Taipei ..... shot indoors in the afternoon with flourescent light and ambient window light
    Last edited by ed9119; 25th June 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Walkeast

i have decided to get this camera. which shop is good?
    i asked MS is 620, Alan Photo is 610..
    cathay quoted 585, but they are out of stock.. aha.. hmm, anywhere else?

Surprise ! Surprise !
    The EX1 is very sensitive to infra red and with its good high ISO capability, can even shoot in infra red handheld composing each shot with the AMOLED screen. It can even carry out a proper custom white balance to get rid of the usual reddish cast that results when shot through an infra red filter.

These are a few shots taken today using the EX1 with the Hoya R72 infra red filter.

SCAPE
    1/8s f/3.9 ISO 800

SCAPE
    1/10s f/3.9 ISO 800

Orchard Shopping Centre
    1/10s f/3.9 ISO 800

Anybody interested to buy a 2nd hand Samsung EX1? I bought this camera from a local shop on 9 Jun 2010 and have taken about 500 shoots as of today. The reason I want to sell is because "point and shoot" no longer satisfies me and I want to move further into DSLR. Interested buyer please call/sms 96229960. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Anybody interested to buy a 2nd hand Samsung EX1? I bought this camera from a local shop on 9 Jun 2010 and have taken about 500 shoots as of today. The reason I want to sell is because "point and shoot" no longer satisfies me and I want to move further into DSLR. Interested buyer please call/sms 96229960. Thanks.
    hi Kent, u can post a buy/sell thread for this cam in Buy/Sell section of the forum in the appropriate section
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Surprise ! Surprise !
    The EX1 is very sensitive to infra red and with its good high ISO capability, can even shoot in infra red handheld composing each shot with the AMOLED screen. It can even carry out a proper custom white balance to get rid of the usual reddish cast that results when shot through an infra red filter.
    hi Tom can explain the IR Custom WB again ? U do CWB with the IR filter in front of the lens?
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    hi Tom can explain the IR Custom WB again ? U do CWB with the IR filter in front of the lens?
    Yes. When the IR filter is put in front of the lens, the image seen on the display has a deep orangy-red cast. Sometimes even with AWB, the cast could be eliminated in the EX1 (I have encountered this a couple of times with the EX1 but has never seen it happen with any of the other cameras that I have used for IR photography).

If the colour cast remains orangy-red with the IR filter in front of the lens, then just do a custom white balance and the colour cast would be eliminated until almost monochromatic like in my images posted.

awesome cam....really the quality and functions. no regret buying it unlike my previous f200exr

question is: anyone got recommendation for secure wrist strap? really afraid i'll drop all that metal.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast