Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung EX-1 Review

Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

Some test shots:

Last edited by Agent Shoots; 20th June 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Hi everyone! i am kinda new to club snap, decided to buy samsung EX1 since the review is so good, can i know where can i buy it at cheap price + one 8GB SD card + casing + 2 original batteries? thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    there's a ring that can be screwed out......... so thats highly possible that an adaptor to allow fixing on of WA , Tele attachments, filters etc will be available

the accessories ............ http://www.samsungimaging.com/campai.../#/accessory/0
    Anyone knows the adaptor size that fits the EX1? I can't seem to find it in the specifications. Want to try out taking macro with the Raynox lens.

May I know how much a battery for the EX-1 costs?
    I got quotes from 2 shops, 1 gave extra batt but $30 more, so trying to decide which one to buy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Variodical View Post
    I got quotes from 2 shops, 1 gave extra batt but $30 more, so trying to decide which one to buy.
    i bought one (1130mAh) at Sgbattery.com at SLS for $13 or $16.... the spare batt MS package came with is a 2500mAh sized ...... about double capacity of the original one
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Variodical View Post
    Isn't the original spare battery bundled free by Samsung?

Blog Entries

Hey ! Some of you PM'ing me as if I am a Samsung fanboy.....

NO I AM NOT...... I am an owner, thats all........ both positive and negative feedbacks I have (alot both pro and cons)

the EX1 is a great camera given its price and features no doubt..... however there are quite a few issues/things that a firmware will do well to address

Have listed most of them in my earlier posts

-----------------

Latest feedback :

Choice of 45 focus points - not talking about face detection where a few focus boxes will pop up .... but when I want to use only 1 fixed point to do AF ...... I can choose up to 45 points to locate the AF box...... and have these choices as a default shortcut (ok I am VERY happy with this.... now I dont have to point the cam directly at subject to half press focus lock before re-composing)

How? Go to Menu -> Focus Area -> choose Selection AF ... then go to your shooting screen ..... press OK button and the focus box turns orange color with 4 arrows up/down/left/right use nav button and move to the position you want for that shot

The AF setting stays this way as default once u choose Selection AF one time
    Last edited by ed9119; 20th June 2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Walkeast

any idea how does EX1 compare with S90 in the aspect of image quality?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    sorry no weekh .... i dont have the equiptment to measure stuff like this (also not too much into such detailed analysis) .... otherwise have a peek at the samples in the earlier pages of this thread that come with 100% crops

I hear that dpreview will be coming out with an in-depth review soon with all the charts and scientific measurements
    Last edited by ed9119; 20th June 2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post

Good IQ.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

anyone noticed the EX1 spells LX3 upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    yesternight took a few night shots, the low light function for s90 is better that the EX1 night mode. The s90 shutter is faster and the picture looks good as compare to EX1.
    Sorry not a pro, this is only what I can see.
    But the ex1 screen is something i like as not i dun have to arga arga to take picture of myself.

I don't know about you guys... but I'm in love with this camera

More fun! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

hello. i'm new here in ClubSnap.. and interested in buying EX-1.. i'm from Manila, unfortunately until now it not yet release, and not sure if they will put on sale here.

but i have several friends in Singapore... can anybody give me a store which can give a good price so.. thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by bitmapp View Post
    hello. i'm new here in ClubSnap.. and interested in buying EX-1.. i'm from Manila, unfortunately until now it not yet release, and not sure if they will put on sale here.

but i have several friends in Singapore... can anybody give me a store which can give a good price so.. thank you very much
    MS Color
    http://www.mscolor.com.sg/

cathay and even samsung store out of stock

Hi guys,

I saw a lot of posts asking whether EX1 is better than S90 or LX3 in this forum and somewhere else. I've been the owner of EX for two weeks. Before that I had also done some searching whether I should buy LX3, G11 or EX1. The process of comparing is a real pain given that our human eyes have their own limitation to spot something really different. All I can say is that these cameras are in the same league that provide very good quality of images. Moreover, the main quality of images come from the photographer's skill, not the camera.
    Maybe some people here have forgotten that LX3 is actually a two-year-old product. If you buy a new camera and plan to use it for at least 3 to 5 years, my opinion is that you should get the latest one, which is EX1.
    EX1 also has a slight advantage on the price tag, design and LCD screen.

The photos I shot using EX1:

Last edited by kentwong81; 22nd June 2010 at 02:59 PM.

can we maybe have a side by side comparison of ex1 and lx3 pls. it will help many of us who still cant decide. many many thanks.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast