Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1419222324252629 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 667

Thread: Samsung EX-1 Review

  1. #461

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    You buy ur cam from Amazon? those price are local price. U can check out from CP or AP .. but of course don't check with MS color since u got bad encounter with them
    Yeah, Courts is still selling at SGD699. Good.

  2. #462

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Yeah, Courts is still selling at SGD699. Good.
    Siao ... so expensive ....

  3. #463
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Hmm, not sure how you did your comparison test with LX3. Seems that it is contradicted with the results from the website http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/s...quivalent-259/ given by wazzup above.
    A lot of bros here wanted to see the comparison between LX3 and EX1. You may refer to the link above and decide yourselves. For me, I paid that price and I'm happy with the quality I got. Tht's it.
    again i am asking ex1 owner to pls come out with me to do a side by side comparison.

    should ex1 come out on top, my buddy will buy ex1 & than i have chance to get is lx3.
    Last edited by denniskee; 3rd August 2010 at 10:30 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  4. #464

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    again i am asking ex1 owner to pls come out with me to do a side by side comparison.

    should ex1 come out on top, my buddy will buy ex1 & than i have chance to get is lx3.
    I would love to but I'm afraid that I don't have the professional skills and experience to do a fair comparison. I believe the website http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/ have provided a good reference on the testings for EX1.

  5. #465

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I would love to but I'm afraid that I don't have the professional skills and experience to do a fair comparison. I believe the website http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/ have provided a good reference on the testings for EX1.
    Taken from your Recommended site.

    ================================================== ===============
    #2 Amin Sabet
    Administrator Join Date:Jul 2010
    Posts:246Additional comments:

    1) In some cases, it looks like more sharpening was applied to the EX1 crop. As I stated above, all files were processed in Silkypix with the same sharpening applied. It is possible that the Samsung version of Silkypix is doing something different, but this very slight overall softness is something I have seen before with the LX3 files processed using a converter which corrects the marked barrel distortion of that camera, and the noise levels between crops are similar. I have tried adding extra sharpening to the LX3 crops (data not shown), and that did not change any of the conclusions.

    Why the tester did not use Photoshop? why tester using Silkypix which was provided by Samsung? Does it seem a fair test? So come back to what you mention being fair comparsion.... seem like it still not so. Thats why, Denniskee request any ppl with EX1 to come out and do a test.
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 3rd August 2010 at 11:25 AM.

  6. #466
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I would love to but I'm afraid that I don't have the professional skills and experience to do a fair comparison. I believe the website http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/ have provided a good reference on the testings for EX1.
    oh!! u r tooo modest liao.

    as u can see in my "test", it is as simple as taking a few shots of the same subject under same lighting condition with both cameras, we r not talking about using iso test chart here.

    how complicated can it be? the link u posted, they r "pro tester" (note there is a difference between pro photog and a pro lab tech)? do u know the tester personally? what i can see is also a normal outdoor day shot of neighbourhood mah. did they specified testing condition? what is their GR&R? what sort of eqpt did they use? does those eqpt has valid iso calibrations by a valid independent org?


    i quote from the link u provided


    2) Regarding the decentering issues, some may say that I have defective copies of both cameras, and that this invalidates the test results. Having tested many advanced compacts, I know that this degree of lens decentering is par for the course. For example, both of the S90 units I tested (each bought separately from Best Buy) were affected by decentering. The same was true for my GX100, G7, G9, D-LUX 3, D-LUX 4, and so forth. It's easy to say that a $400+ camera should have a perfectly centered lens, but very few of them do.

    so how is it that de-centering issue here is consider ok but not when dpreview has similar issue?

    now i m confuse again.
    Last edited by denniskee; 3rd August 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #467

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Taken from your Recommended site.

    ================================================== ===============
    #2 Amin Sabet
    Administrator Join Date:Jul 2010
    Posts:246Additional comments:

    1) In some cases, it looks like more sharpening was applied to the EX1 crop. As I stated above, all files were processed in Silkypix with the same sharpening applied. It is possible that the Samsung version of Silkypix is doing something different, but this very slight overall softness is something I have seen before with the LX3 files processed using a converter which corrects the marked barrel distortion of that camera, and the noise levels between crops are similar. I have tried adding extra sharpening to the LX3 crops (data not shown), and that did not change any of the conclusions.

    Why the tester did not use Photoshop? why tester using Silkypix which was provided by Samsung? Does it seem a fair test? So come back to what you mention being fair comparsion.... seem like it still not so. Thats why, Denniskee request any ppl with EX1 to come out and do a test.
    You have to ask the tester, not me. I just refer the website to the forumers here as a guide.
    For me, both LX3 and EX1 are good compact cameras. I never look for the best one as this is very subjective and everyone has different needs.

  8. #468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    You have to ask the tester, not me. I just refer the website to the forumers here as a guide.
    For me, both LX3 and EX1 are good compact cameras. I never look for the best one as this is very subjective and everyone has different needs.
    Thats why come back to the question you ask me "do you trust the website or personal hands on?"

    My answer still the same "website only cover 60% of the decision factor, the rest still have to do hands on".

    If a person that so simple minded to trust advisterment without testing it, then i got nothing to say.

    Sorry to add 1 more thing. You mention that "I never look for the best .... " so does it mean ???
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 3rd August 2010 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #469

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    oh!! u r tooo modest liao.

    so how is it that de-centering issue here is consider ok but not when dpreview has similar issue?

    now i m confuse again.
    I think we are confussing ourself here trying to out spoken each other. Its starting to get out of topic lao. So many review, so many posting, so many refer, so many URL. Each say theirs the best. Who would say their is "so-so" or "bad".

    Its simply pointless trying to figure out which review is the correct version. thats why u call for a on-site compareson. But the true is, NO one will come forward.

    Hmm .. maybe we can ask TS for assistance :P
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 3rd August 2010 at 12:58 PM.

  10. #470
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    me?

    i HATE technical shootouts and their useless micro peeping tendencies (to me, unless it is TOTALLY glaring ) but for the sake of entertainment........sure!

    give me a call Dennis (PMed u) .... was really hoping for another forum member to volunteer .... but since no takers, I'll step up

    BTW ..... dont expect me to defend this camera.... i love it and i hate it.... at the same time.

    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd August 2010 at 01:19 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  11. #471

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    me?

    i HATE technical shootouts and their useless (to me, unless it is TOTALLY glaring ) but for the sake of entertainment........sure!

    give me a call Dennis (PMed u) .... was really hoping for another forum member to volunteer .... but since no takers, I'll step up

    BTW ..... dont expect me to defend this camera.... i love it and i hate it.... at the same time.

    cool cool ... can i join? I will supply the laptop, card reader and other stuff if need be. hehehe
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 3rd August 2010 at 01:21 PM.

  12. #472
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    hahaha, finally, we can have a proper side by side comparison.

    i really hope ex1 out perform lx3, than i can have lx3 to play since my buddy will get ex1.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #473
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i really hope ex1 out perform lx3,
    oh goodness , I could not care less ......... Dennis if you make me sit down at a kopi stall all sat afternoon shooting coffee cups at different iso and different focal lengths , I will definitely strangle u...

    Peterpan, if u want to join us this sat around 2.30pm ... PM me.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  14. #474

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Thats why come back to the question you ask me "do you trust the website or personal hands on?"

    My answer still the same "website only cover 60% of the decision factor, the rest still have to do hands on".

    If a person that so simple minded to trust advisterment without testing it, then i got nothing to say.

    Sorry to add 1 more thing. You mention that "I never look for the best .... " so does it mean ???
    Yup, I never find out which one is the best because there is no absolute answer. Everyone has different needs and preference.

    For me, both LX3 and EX1 are good cameras. There are many good reviews about these 2 cameras. If you need a camera, just buy either one and you can't go wrong with them.
    I bought EX1 because it is cheaper and newer than LX3 and I like its swivel clear AMOLED. Of course these features may not be important to you and you may look at other features of LX3 which EX1 doesn't have. If there is no EX1, I will buy LX3. Just simple as that.

    Technical testings/comparisons are welcomed, but the right skills and knowledge are needed to find out the absolute answer, especially when the two cameras are very similar in performance. So who has the right skills and knowledge? If you say you have, others may not agree. This is the nature of human beings and the universe. That's why the reviews are not trusted by all the people in the world. Also the effort and time spent may sound burden for some people, especially when dealing with just a compact camera instead of advanced DSLR which costs more than $2000.

    Life is short. Make your life easier.

  15. #475
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I would love to but I'm afraid that I don't have the professional skills and experience to do a fair comparison. I believe the website http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/ have provided a good reference on the testings for EX1.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Technical testings/comparisons are welcomed, but the right skills and knowledge are needed to find out the absolute answer, especially when the two cameras are very similar in performance. So who has the right skills and knowledge? If you say you have, others may not agree. This is the nature of human beings and the universe. That's why the reviews are not trusted by all the people in the world.
    like i had posted, do u know that person in the link u provided for u to claim it as "good reference"

    pls enlighten us the difference between his normal day outdoor shot of his neighbourhood to the shot i taken in plaza sing?

    also, that person mentioned the camera has de-centralizing issue, so, isnt that a problem if base on ur post?

    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  16. #476
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    oh goodness , I could not care less ......... Dennis if you make me sit down at a kopi stall all sat afternoon shooting coffee cups at different iso and different focal lengths , I will definitely strangle u...

    Peterpan, if u want to join us this sat around 2.30pm ... PM me.
    alamak, rest assure i only interested in 24mm & full zoom, iso400 & iso800. so total only 4 shots, buy u 4 cups of kopi lor.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  17. #477

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    like i had posted, do u know that person in the link u provided for u to claim it as "good reference"

    pls enlighten us the difference between his normal day outdoor shot of his neighbourhood to the shot i taken in plaza sing?

    also, that person mentioned the camera has de-centralizing issue, so, isnt that a problem if base on ur post?

    I posted that website because I saw that some of you in this thread are interested to see comparison between LX3 and EX1? Whether you agree with the review from that website, it's up to your own judgement and I am unable to correct you as I don't have the right skill and knowledge. There are many photos taken using LX3 and EX1 side-by-side including the bokeh in that website. To me, they are all good and could be better than other compact cameras.

  18. #478

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Also the effort and time spent may sound burden for some people, especially when dealing with just a compact camera instead of advanced DSLR which costs more than $2000.

    Life is short. Make your life easier.
    Hmm ... strange, i was about to comment the same thing.

    Life short, play hard. but don't make life difficult for yourself or to other.

  19. #479
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I posted that website because I saw that some of you in this thread are interested to see comparison between LX3 and EX1? Whether you agree with the review from that website, it's up to your own judgement and I am unable to correct you as I don't have the right skill and knowledge. There are many photos taken using LX3 and EX1 side-by-side including the bokeh in that website. To me, they are all good and could be better than other compact cameras.



    like i say, pls enlighten me, cause since u r qualify to make such sweeping comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    I think we should spend the time to understand the camera deeply and improve our photography skill first instead of making comparisons here and there. In general they are very good cameras. Just depend on whether you are able to extract the best out of the cameras. If you can't, it's not wise to post wrong photos and information here to confuse other interested buyers. Just my personal opinion anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    If EX1 is just limited to PnS as mentioned above, it's overpriced and not worth to buy. You might as well buy a Casio camera which costs less than SGD199. It can do the same job too.
    Last edited by denniskee; 3rd August 2010 at 03:33 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #480

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Hmm ... strange, i was about to comment the same thing.

    Life short, play hard. but don't make life difficult for yourself or to other.
    Ya, just buy and enjoy photoshooting. Why make ur life difficult by doing testings/comparisons on two similar good performance compact camera?

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1419222324252629 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •